TFC - 2022 Season Thread

Big_M

10 hours ago, PastPros said:

Has any of the young players improved as the season went on?

I can't really think of anyone.

Edit: (Oh! Nelson, of course)

I think I’ve seen enough of these players.

I don’t see any of them being huge prospects right now.

The main question is would they progress better at a different club (Shaf). Would a better coach get better results out of them.

I believe both Bradleys have been an epic failure in all aspects this season.

On 10/8/2022 at 1:52 PM, Bison44 said:

TSN better have a nice piece on Osorio if this is going to be his last season.  

I thought they did very well with their "Decision Day" coverage.  The studio crew focused on Montreal and then Vancouver.  

If it was definitive that he was not returning next season, then an Osorio piece maybe could have been done during TFC's penultimate regular season game, but not this weekend.

4 hours ago, MM3/MM2/MM said:

I think the key is to upgrade the keeper position next season, Bono and Westberg just don't measure up

I've felt this way for awhile.  Bono makes too many high profile cock ups on shots while Westberg just doesn't command his p.a. for crosses, putting pressure on his defenders to deal with it all the time.

4 hours ago, MM3/MM2/MM said:

I think the key is to upgrade the keeper position next season, Bono and Westberg just don't measure up

They have to upgrade the entire spine of the team (aka the middle of the field) - need a more proven/active #9 than Jimenez, a new #6 to replace Bradley Jr., new CB's who are reliable & not constantly injury prone and new keepers. You can basically draw a line right down the middle of the field as to where the problems for the past season lay (especially when Osorio wasn't there to bail the midfield out). The wide positions are fine but difficult to succeed with a yawning chasm in the middle of the park that stretches from striker down to keeper.

On 10/14/2022 at 5:23 PM, Gian-Luca said:

If that is accurate, it means Bradley quietly re signed his son at some point in 2022, because his contract was supposed to be up at the end of 2022 according to Molinaro

Im okay if it means his salary is cut in half. 
Those details are very key!

If that is accurate, it means Bradley quietly re signed his son at some point in 2022, because his contract was supposed to be up at the end of 2022 according to Molinaro

I thought he was always here through 2023?  I know the MLSPA publishes salaries, but is there anywhere that publishes contract durations?

Molinaro has a correction dated August 4th that has TFC clarifying that MB signed a 4 year contract which won't expire till after the 2023 season

Edited by to70

23 hours ago, to70 said:

Molinaro has a correction dated August 4th that has TFC clarifying that MB signed a 4 year contract which won't expire till after the 2023 season

😤😮💨….mans a legend, but even a legend can overextend their stay. 

He’s playing in a such a key position, with subpar performances on big money.

How good can Ranjitsingh be if he didn't rate a start once both Bono and Westberg fallen out of favour late in the season? Having him and Kadin Chung around in 2023 on a guaranteed deal signed in early 2022 rather than having them on a club held option for the second year so their usefulness could be reviewed 12 months in suggests Bob Bradley is maybe too quick to make decisions about players. Would either of them have rejected a move to TFC on those terms? Doubt it.

How good it Ranjitsingh if Gavran got the lions share of games at TFC2?  85k on a number 3 keeper that'll keep the bench warm while the draft pick matures..meeeh.  If thats a mistake, its not a big one, plenty more glaring roster screw ups on TFC.  Bringing in a good starter for next season is where he needs to get it right.  And no more of the, we'll bring a guy in July, just hold on until the cavalry arrive baloney.  Lets plug this keeper hole on day 1.