TFC - 2022 Season Thread

Big_M

2 hours ago, lbula17 said:

Anyone know what this means as when I purchased mine it didn't ask for this but a friend of mine is unable to add the seat to cart...

Screen Shot 2022-02-11 at 3.06.49 PM.png

I saw that while I was playing around. It's only there for seats with no pricing. Perhaps seats they hadn't intended for release? I'd just pick a seat with a price.

On 2/12/2022 at 12:36 AM, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

Graphic is a useful reminder of what has happened so far but I think Luke Singh is still there.

Singh is on a season long loan to Pacific FC of the CPL as part of the deal that brought Lukas MacNaughton to TFC.

https://canpl.ca/article/lukas-macnaughton-joins-mls-side-toronto-fc-pacific-receives-luke-singh-on-loan

3 minutes ago, Kingston said:

Singh is on a season long loan to Pacific FC of the CPL as part of the deal that brought Lukas MacNaughton to TFC.

https://canpl.ca/article/lukas-macnaughton-joins-mls-side-toronto-fc-pacific-receives-luke-singh-on-loan

I think Pacific sent him back to TFC when they signed Didic.Last I saw TFC was looking for a club to send him out for a loan.

Well was at the Barça-Napoli match this evening, Insigne report: did absolutely nothing, one of the most indolent performances I have seen from a player on an important team.

I think he was, objectively the worst player on the field, left attacking side of the midfield. More or less the rest were visible, or sought to do their part: he did not. And that, he had up against him Mingueza, a player who really has no future at FCB and hasn't played for a long while; Mingueza simply does not have the level and any half-interested rival could have takent him apart. 

The guy only got a reaction when, subbed off and leaving on the opposite side of the field, he went back onto the pitch to take a short-cut back to his bench (could have been a card).

If he does anything near that at TFC he is going to be torn apart by fans and he'll need waking up, but still: it's a lot of money and a very long contract for a guy who is there to play a very restricted role of medium importance. 

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

6 hours ago, jonovision said:

It's not just my anti-TFC bias:

(click tweet to vote and see poll results)

They foist the hoop on us over and over again, but it's ugly as sin, and stupid. The fucking hoop, let them jump through it, Caps circus.

What do folks expect from Adidas, who probably don't even have a single shirt amongst the 25 best of the past 20 years. 

13 hours ago, Gian-Luca said:

A 2.5 year deal for a 35 year old? I hope he still has his fitness and speed

Transfermarkt seems to think he is mainly a centre back these days:

https://www.transfermarkt.com/domenico-criscito/profil/spieler/44136

which is easier to do into your mid-30s than something like being a left wing back in a 3-5-2. The main selling point appears to be that he is a close friend of Insigne and also from the Naples area. Given Insigne is also a left-sided player they'll probably also be hoping that the two link up well on the field as well.