TFC - 2022 Season Thread

Big_M

17 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Not to be a party-pooper, but Jiménez is a weak player, and is largely unproven.

He is nowhere near what Victor Vázquez had been, it's a rather odd signing. He has a 3rd tier Spain career, does ok in Poland on a modest team, and now he is going to TFC for what, as I see it, is a deal way better than he deserves. If TFC think he could have a role, great. If he responds well and is ready to take the next step up, at 28, then even better. He is not moving to a club at his level, however; he's taking a big step up.

On paper, still, he's really scrub in Spanish terms. For what you are paying him there are about 20 other guys in Spanish 2nd division, or equivalent, who are better prepared to do the job than he is and would accept a similar deal. 

Even his agency is a weak local entity with lower tier Spaniards, pretty well exclusively.

As someone who watches the polish league here and there, people hold Jimenez pretty highly in Poland. Definitely better than Buksa who has been doing pretty well in New England. I've seen a few say he was better than Frankowski who went from Polish league to Chicago to Ligue 1 now. Numbers wise he might not be a huge signing but I think he's a very good signing that should link up nicely with Pozuelo feeding him up top.

18 minutes ago, urdiub said:

As someone who watches the polish league here and there, people hold Jimenez pretty highly in Poland. Definitely better than Buksa who has been doing pretty well in New England. I've seen a few say he was better than Frankowski who went from Polish league to Chicago to Ligue 1 now. Numbers wise he might not be a huge signing but I think he's a very good signing that should link up nicely with Pozuelo feeding him up top.

I'm sure you have a better idea than I, I'm just going on how much he's known and where he played in Spain. 

Why didn't he transfer to a better team in his years there? 

2 minutes ago, lbula17 said:

Any news on Toronto Fc single game tickets being released and how to purchase them?

On the after market.
I have one lady calling me down to buy season tickets. First thing mentioned is "you heard about Insigne"....I'm like yea he doesn't really excite me to be honest lol. 

I think they are literally trying to sell out the stadium in season seats to recoup some of the investment back. 

So I just got a ticket to see Napoli next week at Camp Nou: yes, I had to gloat, sorry. 

BTW, as a club member this ticket cost me 29€ charges included, I mention this to those musing about reasonable ticket prices.

I think because they scheduled it early, at 6:45pm, they feel attendance could be low and have kept prices down, but still, very reasonable.

22 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

So I just got a ticket to see Napoli next week at Camp Nou: yes, I had to gloat, sorry. 

BTW, as a club member this ticket cost me 29€ charges included, I mention this to those musing about reasonable ticket prices.

I think because they scheduled it early, at 6:45pm, they feel attendance could be low and have kept prices down, but still, very reasonable.

I just bought my round of 16 Europa league ticket for West Ham, £45 for lower level behind the goal. Who knows, if Barcelona get past Napoli, we may face each other. 

1 hour ago, Greatest Cockney Rip Off said:

I just bought my round of 16 Europa league ticket for West Ham, £45 for lower level behind the goal. Who knows, if Barcelona get past Napoli, we may face each other. 

Not to get off topic (Insigne, basically) but you'd be in the draw to face one of this next round's winners, then? You can buy the ticket without knowing who you face nor the day or hour? Or is it a provisional purchase?

Sorry, have to ask, not used to Europa League ;) 

10 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Not to get off topic (Insigne, basically) but you'd be in the draw to face one of this next round's winners, then? You can buy the ticket without knowing who you face nor the day or hour? Or is it a provisional purchase?

Sorry, have to ask, not used to Europa League ;) 

Yes, West Ham will face the winner of this upcoming round. Format was changed this year so that the 3rd placed champions league clubs play against the Europa league group runners ups, while the group winners will enter at the next round. 

It is a final purchase without knowing who West Ham will play. The club stated these were the initial prices which likely means if West Ham get drawn against a larger European side (Barcelona, Dortmund etc), the prices will be jacked up. 

https://www.torontofc.ca/news/toronto-fc-acquire-575-000-in-general-allocation-money

...TRANSACTION: Toronto FC acquired $575,000 in 2022 GAM and the 14th position in MLS Allocation Order from New York Red Bulls in exchange for the No. 2 position in the Allocation Order and an international roster slot.

Wonder if that helps them buy down Salcedo and add another DP without having to lose Pozuelo.

6 hours ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

https://www.torontofc.ca/news/toronto-fc-acquire-575-000-in-general-allocation-money

...TRANSACTION: Toronto FC acquired $575,000 in 2022 GAM and the 14th position in MLS Allocation Order from New York Red Bulls in exchange for the No. 2 position in the Allocation Order and an international roster slot.

Wonder if that helps them buy down Salcedo and add another DP without having to lose Pozuelo.

I'm still wondering who that third DP could be. Potentially a winger?