Tickets for Edmonton World Cup Qualifying Series.

Admin

1 hour ago, Cblake said:

Will the pregame on the 16th be downtown I assume before we all jump on the LRT to trek out to the stadium? I am landing at 9:30 am from Toronto on the day of the Mexico game. 

Hell no. 

We are a class act sir.  

We have a location right next to the stadium. Holds 400.  

Details out soon.

22 hours ago, rob.notenboom said:

Of course I have to ask … 😁

Are you coming to the Nov 11th meetup then? (8:30 local time)

Rob, I'd love to but I'm arriving on the 12th unfortunately. Hopefully there are other opportunities for us to meet up between games. Very much looking forward to it! 

2 hours ago, Markus said:

Rob, I'd love to but I'm arriving on the 12th unfortunately. Hopefully there are other opportunities for us to meet up between games. Very much looking forward to it! 

For sure there will be. Thanks for the reply. 

FCE game we are targeting plus another event on the 15th. 

Lots of details to sort though before we can announce. 

3 hours ago, rob.notenboom said:

For sure there will be. Thanks for the reply. 

FCE game we are targeting plus another event on the 15th. 

Lots of details to sort though before we can announce. 

Awesome, appreciate you putting in the work to make these things happen. Looking forward to connecting with some of my fellow Vees 

Hey guys, on the Swoop travel luggage situation:

I've flown Swoop (mostly to Edmonton) at least a dozen times. They say you are only allowed a very tiny carry on (16 inches x 6' x 13' - that's small!). * I have never once had this baggage policy actually applied. 

I always take an athletic back pack which is much larger, though not suitcase size. I can fit 2 pairs of pants (jeans) in addition to what I'm wearing, 5-6 t-shirts, a long sleeve shirt, some gym-wear gear, a pair of running shoes, several pairs of underwear and socks, and room for electronic devices and toiletries (keep any liquid products very small containers or they will be confiscated - about 3 ounces or less). I'm also ensure if I need thick sweat shirt I wear it on the plane.

I realize the time may come when I get nailed with an over-size additional baggage fee, BUT its never ever happened so I'll take my chances. 

PS - I also keep the backpack down low so as not to draw attention. I honestly don't think they care. When it comes time to board a plane they are all about expediting the process not taking someone aside and wasting precious manpower to slap them with extra fees.

Take what I say based upon your own comfort level but that is my honest experience with Swoop.

* I'll post this on the Edmonton travel thread as well in case it is helpful.

5 minutes ago, jonovision said:

Looks like sales have slowed down since the initial rush. Has anybody counted blue dots or heard official sales figures recently? Crowds will still be massive, just a sellout seems unlikely.

Think the Mexico game will still sell out. Hasn't been a week since new batch of tickets were released and 50% of endzone seats and 25% of upper deck seats are gone. Once the boys are in town, media coverage ramps up, we get a result against CR and walk up crowd, I'm confident Mexico game will sell out, maybe even CR. 

5 minutes ago, jonovision said:

Looks like sales have slowed down since the initial rush. Has anybody counted blue dots or heard official sales figures recently? Crowds will still be massive, just a sellout seems unlikely.

Yes - I looked this morning at CR match and just based on eyeballing didn’t see any movement from last week when the next round of tickets were released. Seems like there’s a good 15,000 + tickets available. 
maybe we won’t get a sellout but 45k+ would still be quite a turnout 

Edited by Floortom

2 minutes ago, Floortom said:

Yes - I looked this morning and just based on eyeballing didn’t see any movement from last week when the next round of tickets were released. Seems like there’s a good 15,000 + tickets available. 
maybe we won’t get a sellout but 45k+ would still be quite a turnout 

half the endzone seats have moved and 25% of the upper bowl seats from what was released last week. 

17 minutes ago, jonovision said:

Not worried at all, fully expect Mexico to still sell out and Costa Rica to get pretty dam close. The end zone was the upper corners on the one side are not the most ideal seats. The end zone is at least 25 hards from the backline. Anyone who really wants to go got theirs ages ago. Once the buzz builds up in the week leading up to it seats will move when people decide its the place to be, its an event you do not want to miss. 

1 hour ago, Kadenge said:

There should be a surge in ticket sales once the roster is announced. I'm sure Herdman will do a number of media interviews after the squad release

Once the boys landed 🛬 on the ground in Edmonton and on tv every night tickets will move. 

• Admin unpinned this topic