Tickets for Edmonton World Cup Qualifying Series.

Admin

30 minutes ago, SoccMan said:

What kind of crowds have the Eskimos been getting this year , and how long has it been taking to get people inside the stadium for their games ?

Well the elks have been crap, so not great crowd wise.. I think their biggest crowd was 30,000. With that being said, usually it takes less than five minutes to get in. I'd suggest getting there by 6 to be safe. 

So, will it be tough to get in the stadium due to COVID protocols? Wasn't the game in toronto really late in filling up because of how long it was taking to get into the stadium?

I've got some concerns that Commonwealth will be able to handle a lot of fans arriving around the same time.

9 minutes ago, Razcal said:

So, will it be tough to get in the stadium due to COVID protocols? Wasn't the game in toronto really late in filling up because of how long it was taking to get into the stadium?

I've got some concerns that Commonwealth will be able to handle a lot of fans arriving around the same time.

I have to assume they will be much, much better prepared than BMO was. 

Edited by Floortom

13 minutes ago, Ruud said:

No way Vancouver sells them for that cheaply, with thousands of Yanks coming across.  I’d bank on $40 for cheap and $75 average, more like BMO prices. 

BMO prices for us were $20 or $25 plus fees (can’t recall which). 

Commonwealth tickets for us were $20 plus fees. 

If January games are in Vancouver, our tickets will almost certainly be $20 or $25 plus fees. 

3 hours ago, Ruud said:

No way Vancouver sells them for that cheaply, with thousands of Yanks coming across.  I’d bank on $40 for cheap and $75 average, more like BMO prices. 

$22 would be awesome but yeah, tickets are way too cheap at Commonwealth.  Everyone understands the inclusion aspect of pricing but damn, $10 more a ticket would add $1,000,000 to the gate.  That is, if we could safely assume those additional $10 wouldn't be a detriment to sales volume.  I'd guess you could but... 

If I'm spending more on beers pre-gaming, and I'm talking BYOB here, than the match tickets then the tickets are too cheap. Just saying. 

^^^ Yeah but these 2 games could introduce the team to a whole new generation and win them over as new soccer fans.  They need the huge crowd and the new fans.  The ladies gold medal, Davies wonder goal, success in WCQ and the gold cup heroics ..these things are slowly starting to win people over.  Give them a good game game against CR, a canada win, drama against mexico (every story needs a bad guy eh?) then 2 big crowds in Van....this really could be the turning point where we get soccer into the mainstream in Canada.  But we need to include as many in the party as we can...if this generates some corporate interest and sponsorship, you'll get that lost revenue back 10 fold.  

19 hours ago, Bison44 said:

^^^ Yeah but these 2 games could introduce the team to a whole new generation and win them over as new soccer fans.  They need the huge crowd and the new fans.  The ladies gold medal, Davies wonder goal, success in WCQ and the gold cup heroics ..these things are slowly starting to win people over.  Give them a good game game against CR, a canada win, drama against mexico (every story needs a bad guy eh?) then 2 big crowds in Van....this really could be the turning point where we get soccer into the mainstream in Canada.  But we need to include as many in the party as we can...if this generates some corporate interest and sponsorship, you'll get that lost revenue back 10 fold.  

That's getting too excited. All that you mentioned are just part of the process. Davies goal is the first of other moments needed.

Canada making the World Cup will be the first turning point for the mainstream. Then, Canada needs to put in a performance that is perceived to meet expectations. To take another step up, a moment needs to occur and/or advancement out of the group stage. Then, it will take the next cycle going into 2026. Rinse & repeat - in reality, more is required to avoid stalling.

If not, it will be like the women's team. Mainstream now cares about Canada in Women World Cup and Olympic matches. But has largely tuned out in between. Even female youth participation rates have dropped 18% between 2014-19, TSN still didn't want to pay for rights and sponsors were reduced despite the 2012 moment, 2 bronze and hosting a World Cup.

Winning gold is taking another step up. But first 2 matches in Celebration Tour had below capacity attendances. No sports network offered OneSoccer to pay for costs to carry the matches.

Edited by red card

2 hours ago, red card said:

That's getting too excited. All that you mentioned are just part of the process. Davies goal is the first of other moments needed.

Canada making the World Cup will be the first turning point for the mainstream. Then, Canada needs to put in a performance that is perceived to meet expectations. To take another step up, a moment needs to occur and/or advancement out of the group stage. Then, it will take the next cycle going into 2026. Rinse & repeat - in reality, more is required to avoid stalling.

If not, it will be like the women's team. Mainstream now cares about Canada in Women World Cup and Olympic matches. But has largely tuned out in between. Even female youth participation rates have dropped 18% between 2014-19, TSN still didn't want to pay for rights and sponsors were reduced despite the 2012 moment, 2 bronze and hosting a World Cup.

Winning gold is taking another step up. But first 2 matches in Celebration Tour had below capacity attendances. No sports network offered OneSoccer to pay for costs to carry the matches.

3 MLS teams and CPL need to step up and fill the gaps between CANMNT activities. We can't have international friendlies every month.

• Admin unpinned this topic