Tickets for Edmonton World Cup Qualifying Series.

Admin

On 11/10/2021 at 6:05 PM, Cblake said:

A note to the CSA ...

great point.  ive always wondered why if processing crowds takes longer than expected, why dont they delay the start of the match until 95% of them are in.  and before u start, dont cite tv scheduling as the reason.  i  hate it when sporting events are compromised to protect the tv crowd.  my main pt is that afterall, they paid to attend whereas the rest of us are at home.  seems quite like a stab in the back for those who pony-up.

25 minutes ago, kungfucious said:

great point.  ive always wondered why if processing crowds takes longer than expected, why dont they delay the start of the match until 95% of them are in.  and before u start, dont cite tv scheduling as the reason.  i  hate it when sporting events are compromised to protect the tv crowd.  my main pt is that afterall, they paid to attend whereas the rest of us are at home.  seems quite like a stab in the back for those who pony-up.

Thats not how things work....

It's not only for TV.... Ppl take transit to games. At BMO the Go Train doesn't run past a certain time, if they delayed the start time... I wouldn't of been able to get home, and I'd be pissed because I have to work in the morning. Not to mention staff are paid for a certain time period. 

Edited by king1010

20 minutes ago, -Hammer- said:

Let me just say, great job guys and great job Edmonton. Hopefully this is the start of things to come and the national teams seeing more of our nation.

Yep , 48,806 in the stands tonight, fully expect To surpass 50k next week vs. Mexico. 

1 hour ago, EJsens1 said:

Just need to add more security.  That was embarrassing.  Fuck I hope it doesn’t screw us over in the 4th window 

It's part of the growing pains of building up a national supporter base. Edmonton hasn't had numbers like this for a men's national team game in more than a generation. Unfortunately, part of growing the base means that a fair number of CFL knobheads were there to sample the product. By Tuesday, the word should get out that stupid shit like that won't be tolerated, by the authorities or other supporters, at proper football matches.

28 minutes ago, SthMelbRed said:

It's part of the growing pains of building up a national supporter base. Edmonton hasn't had numbers like this for a men's national team game in more than a generation. Unfortunately, part of growing the base means that a fair number of CFL knobheads were there to sample the product. By Tuesday, the word should get out that stupid shit like that won't be tolerated, by the authorities or other supporters, at proper football matches.

Hey now, could we leave it at knobheads? As a Lion's season ticket holder for many years, I can attest that the vast majority of pitch invaders that I saw during that time  didn't have a clue who or what the CFL was. 

6 hours ago, kacbru said:

Hey now, could we leave it at knobheads? As a Lion's season ticket holder for many years, I can attest that the vast majority of pitch invaders that I saw during that time  didn't have a clue who or what the CFL was. 

I go to most Elks games and I don’t think I have ever seen anyone run on to the field. They do make announcements that that will not be tolerated. They need to do so Tuesday although I don’t know if that will help.

3 hours ago, Dmrich said:

I go to most Elks games and I don’t think I have ever seen anyone run on to the field. They do make announcements that that will not be tolerated. They need to do so Tuesday although I don’t know if that will help.

They made a couple of announcements last night too. What they need to add - after kickoff and before kickoff - is that Canada is subject to sanctions up to and including an empty stadium for future home games. Not that the people who run on the field care (nor do they care about the $2K fine they get) but maybe their seatmates will grab them. And include that info in that CS/Ticketmaster email they send out.

But security screwed up last night - we needed at least nine people to invade, to collect enough money for the sanction fine. 🙂

Edited by CanadianTraveller

11 hours ago, SthMelbRed said:

"The CFL knobheads"  I really can't stand this type of labelling.  There are plenty of CFL fans that are soccer fans, hockey fans that are soccer fans, basketball fans that are soccer fans, baseball fans that are soccer.  Why does a proper fan have to be one who only watches soccer?  We need fans of other sports to make room in their heart for soccer.   Sports fans generally have a large appetite and room for more than one sport in their heart.

There was a streaker at the England vs Italy 2020 Euro finals, so enough of your elitist attitude. People running on to the field can happen at any event.  We call these people idiots.  We don't label them people who are fans of any particular sport.

58 minutes ago, prairiecanuck said:

"The CFL knobheads"  I really can't stand this type of labelling.  There are plenty of CFL fans that are soccer fans, hockey fans that are soccer fans, basketball fans that are soccer fans, baseball fans that are soccer.  Why does a proper fan have to be one who only watches soccer?  We need fans of other sports to make room in their heart for soccer.   Sports fans generally have a large appetite and room for more than one sport in their heart.

There was a streaker at the England vs Italy 2020 Euro finals, so enough of your elitist attitude. People running on to the field can happen at any event.  We call these people idiots.  We don't label them people who are fans of any particular sport.

Completely agree, There is no such as CFL knobheads, just drunk ones. Too much beer/liquor can make people do some really stupid things. It is simple as that.

On a positive note the lower bowl for Tuesday is just down to singles in the lower bowl. Last night has to a be the perfect add for anyone still thinking of going to the match against Mexico match. 

1 hour ago, Cblake said:

Completely agree, There is no such as CFL knobheads, just drunk ones. Too much beer/liquor can make people do some really stupid things. It is simple as that.

On a positive note the lower bowl for Tuesday is just down to singles in the lower bowl. Last night has to a be the perfect add for anyone still thinking of going to the match against Mexico match. 

A bunch of rows appear to have been opened up today, including some lower bowl seats. Not nearly as many as the tickets that were being dumped late for the Costa Rica match. A near sell-out still looks likely. We'll see how decide to stay home because of the weather though.

On 11/13/2021 at 1:12 AM, EJsens1 said:

Just need to add more security.  That was embarrassing.  Fuck I hope it doesn’t screw us over in the 4th window 

I know this may sound like I'm blowing a bit of hot air here, but this is also a result of the national team not spreading games around. It hasn't had a chance to weed out these types and build the culture stating this isn't acceptable. Also, given there's no indication that the team is coming back to Edmonton after these two games, some drunk idiots are certainly going to see it as a once in a lifetime chance to be the guy that pulled this stunt and wear it as a badge of honor.

Edited by -Hammer-
Grammar

On 11/13/2021 at 2:46 AM, SthMelbRed said:

I'll pile on here as well. I don't know if you realize it or not, but the CFL doesn't have a problem with people invading the field. In fact, it's probably less a problem then with other sports as the players in full equipment have been known to get involved.

https://globalnews.ca/video/4279224/b-c-lions-player-hits-fans-who-runs-on-field

Ripping into the CFL does not endear anyone to soccer, especially to anyone who lives in a market where the CFL team is the long established, premiere sports team, which half of Canada's largest ten metros and thus markets for a soccer team.

Edited by -Hammer-

He's not thinking of CFL fans so much as using CFL fans as a byword for low class provincial, which, fine, these people maybe are. That might get people exercised about Toronto elitism or classism or whatever, but he's not doing PR for Canada Soccer, and as someone from a pretty "working class" origin myself I find it funny tbh. Older folks who grew up with the CFL and it's folksy history can get mad.

25 minutes ago, -Hammer- said:

I'll pile on here as well. I don't know if you realize it or not, but the CFL doesn't have a problem with people invading the field. In fact, it's probably less a problem then with other sports as the players in full equipment have been known to get involved.

https://globalnews.ca/video/4279224/b-c-lions-player-hits-fans-who-runs-on-field

Ripping into the CFL does not endear anyone to soccer, especially to anyone who lives in a market where the CFL team is the long established, premiere sports team, which half of Canada's largest ten metros and thus markets for a soccer team.

That video is what I like to see and what should happen to any idiot who chooses to run on the field.  I've said it before on here (and have been chastised for saying so), until these idiots are battered unconscious and dragged off the field leaving a trail of blood, it will continue.  Hopefully that idiot who got tackled by that security guy behind the net is recovering in hospital now, thinking about his decision to enter the field.

• Admin unpinned this topic