Tickets for Edmonton World Cup Qualifying Series.

Admin

Great to see the tickets sales. Doesn't surprise me at all.

I think there will be a pretty big Mexican turnout. I've been told there is a pretty big Mexican and Central American community in Calgary.  Not sure about Edmonton. I dont get anxious by that like some seem to. I think it makes for a better atmosphere. Within reason of course.

Well done Alberta 

7 hours ago, SpursFlu said:

Great to see the tickets sales. Doesn't surprise me at all.

I think there will be a pretty big Mexican turnout. I've been told there is a pretty big Mexican and Central American community in Calgary.  Not sure about Edmonton. I dont get anxious by that like some seem to. I think it makes for a better atmosphere. Within reason of course.

Well done Alberta 

I have two semi clear memories of their fans in Edmonton but they are both almost 15 years old.

They still had a small but loud group in the draw in 2008.  We had been eliminated and the crowd generally wasn't great and it was a weekday but strangly early if I remember correctly. 

But earlier, I remember being really impressed with their fans the year before at the Under 20 World Cup.  They played someone in the first game of three on a Sunday, followed by Canada's.  Lots in their section and beyond and really loud. 

I knew a couple Mexicans in Edmonton but more a lot more Central Americans if I am honest.  I know getting decent Mexican food there was like pulling teeth for a long, long time. (I had spent some time in the southwest States when I was young.) 

1 hour ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

I have two semi clear memories of their fans in Edmonton but they are both almost 15 years old.

They still had a small but loud group in the draw in 2008.  We had been eliminated and the crowd generally wasn't great and it was a weekday but strangly early if I remember correctly. 

But earlier, I remember being really impressed with their fans the year before at the Under 20 World Cup.  They played someone in the first game of three on a Sunday, followed by Canada's.  Lots in their section and beyond and really loud. 

I knew a couple Mexicans in Edmonton but more a lot more Central Americans if I am honest.  I know getting decent Mexican food there was like pulling teeth for a long, long time. (I had spent some time in the southwest States when I was young.) 

Give how both games have been matched ticket for ticket almost, I think it's actually going to be a good majority of Canadian fans. Alphonso Davies has made a lot of soccer fans here in the little time he's played for Bayern. Think, the City of Edmonton has never seen this guy play as a pro. The game has people I know who aren't even soccer fans talking about it.

1 minute ago, ShaneC06 said:

Alphonso Davies has made a lot of soccer fans here in the little time he's played for Bayern. Think, the City of Edmonton has never seen this guy play as a pro. The game has people I know who aren't even soccer fans talking about it.

Doing my best to get the word out personally to old friends.  A women I went on few dates with just told me her son's team was destroyed by Davies when he was with the Edmonton Strikers.  Not sure if that helps or hurts. 

I think we getting very close to the upper deck on the other side of the stadium being opened up soon. I give it by the start of the week. Figure they just want to see how many more tickets in the corners they can sell before opening it because once they do those tickets will become far less desirable with far better options now available. This has become one hot ticket, amazing to see. Getting closer to that sell out many of us anticipate. (  :

4 hours ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Yah I've been told there are a lot of ElSalvadorians in Calgary and because the oil industry a lot of Venezuelans. So maybe they'll come out and cheer for Canada 

11 hours ago, Bertuzzi44 said:

Big question: How do I wear red when my winter coat is blue? :D

I'll be experimenting to get this right before I get there. I have an oversized red CSA hoodie that I'd like to have as my final layer. Hoping to get 4 or 5 smaller layers underneath and I still don't know if that will be enough. 

3 minutes ago, Vancouver Fan said:

I'll be experimenting to get this right before I get there. I have an oversized red CSA hoodie that I'd like to have as my final layer. Hoping to get 4 or 5 smaller layers underneath and I still don't know if that will be enough. 

In seriousness, this would be my preference as well.  I will be keeping an eye out for a suitable red hoodie.  

2 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

In seriousness, this would be my preference as well.  I will be keeping an eye out for a suitable red hoodie.  

I have a red plaid flannel jacket that also could work in that situation.  (I might possibly have used it to lean into some stereotypes in England and a "Lumberjack" nickname.  My beard also helps - in both situations, come to think of it.) 

8 minutes ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

I have a red plaid flannel jacket that also could work in that situation.  (I might possibly have used it to lean into some stereotypes in England and a "Lumberjack" nickname.  My beard also helps - in both situations, come to think of it.) 

That is the style of my supporters shirt but no way it will fit over the layers I will require.  

8E98EC2A-BD2B-4C64-8D2A-25562939585E.jpeg

• Admin unpinned this topic