Tickets for Edmonton World Cup Qualifying Series.

Admin

40 minutes ago, -Hammer- said:

I know this may sound like I'm blowing a bit of hot air here, but this is also a result of the national team not spreading games around. It hasn't had a chance to weed out these types and build the culture stating this isn't acceptable. Also, given there's no indication that the team is coming back to Edmonton after these two games, some drunk idiots are certainly going to see it as a once in a lifetime chance to be the guy that pulled this stunt and wear it as a badge of honor.

I’m not trying to be a dick, but where is it really acceptable?  I’m sure security will be beefed up after Friday.  If it happens again, aside from the long term harm it could cause in future windows, I hope these guys get their asses handed to them as security pummels them 

12 minutes ago, EJsens1 said:

I’m not trying to be a dick, but where is it really acceptable?  I’m sure security will be beefed up after Friday.  If it happens again, aside from the long term harm it could cause in future windows, I hope these guys get their asses handed to them as security pummels them 

That's fair, and perhaps bad wording on my part. It's not acceptable, but it's a risk reward for these types. Those idiots are going to wear "I jumped onto the field and got kicked out of that one big soccer game we had." like it's a badge of honor. When that becomes "I can't go, I jumped onto the field and got kicked out and now if they find me at a match, I'll go to jail for trespass." the "incentive" of being a rebel evaporates.

Frankly, as far as I am concerned, I wouldn't mind seeing Canada soccer pull these guys into court and make them pay damages for the fine Canada soccer is going to get as a direct result of their actions.

Hey all, I made the flight with other Vs from Ont to Edm for the Costa Rica game (still drying out from what was a most memorable party! Thank you Edmonton). I also took 3 Edm buddies to the game and they absolutely loved it. Two of them are asking about tickets for the Mexico game. 

Section O would be preferable. I realize it might be a long shot but I told them I’d put the word out. 

19 minutes ago, Wayverider said:

Hey all, I made the flight with other Vs from Ont to Edm for the Costa Rica game (still drying out from what was a most memorable party! Thank you Edmonton). I also took 3 Edm buddies to the game and they absolutely loved it. Two of them are asking about tickets for the Mexico game. 

Section O would be preferable. I realize it might be a long shot but I told them I’d put the word out. 

There's still supporters tickets available.  Tell them to become voyageurs and they can get tickets through there.

thevoyageurs.org

26 minutes ago, Sambo said:

Great to hear.  I see on StubHub there are a lot of tix for sale.  I hope those don't end up being empty seats.  I hope everyone shows up - in red. 

I suspect there will be less red just a a byproduct of the fact that people will be bundling up and layering.  I will be wearing every piece of clothing I took from PEI.  

Chandler Bing Lol GIF by TV Land Classic

44 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

I suspect there will be less red just a a byproduct of the fact that people will be bundling up and layering.  I will be wearing every piece of clothing I took from PEI.  

😆 Its like back in the day on Halloween, putting our costume on top of the snowsuit. I bought a red blanket to wave and cover up with.

Edited by Sambo

2 hours ago, Sambo said:

Great to hear.  I see on StubHub there are a lot of tix for sale.  I hope those don't end up being empty seats.  I hope everyone shows up - in red. 

There were at least 3,000 empty seats Friday, quite visible in the areas clearly sold. I'd guess 6,000 Tuesday but as we saw Friday it's largely up to the group sales whether they want to risk their people @ -10C. Looks like a few tickets have been turned in already looking @ Ticketmaster's map.

You can't give the tickets away (and at $20 + GST + seat tax it's a giveaway) and expect people to show up when the weather turns cold. Kudos to the east side (visible on TV) and people who bought their own individual tickets, who seemed to show up @ 95% rate or better in the lower bowl.

3 hours ago, CanadianTraveller said:

There were at least 3,000 empty seats Friday, quite visible in the areas clearly sold. I'd guess 6,000 Tuesday but as we saw Friday it's largely up to the group sales whether they want to risk their people @ -10C. Looks like a few tickets have been turned in already looking @ Ticketmaster's map.

You can't give the tickets away (and at $20 + GST + seat tax it's a giveaway) and expect people to show up when the weather turns cold. Kudos to the east side (visible on TV) and people who bought their own individual tickets, who seemed to show up @ 95% rate or better in the lower bowl.

For the inaugural CPL match in Hamilton there was a massive ticket giveaway for the upper deck seats, if the weather was nice there would have been a near capacity crowd in Hamilton but it was a really cold windy day for the end of April and many seats remained empty just to emphasize your point about fair weather fans!

16 hours ago, CanadianTraveller said:

There were at least 3,000 empty seats Friday, quite visible in the areas clearly sold

They were in line to get in the stadium, or in line for the bathroom. Take your pick, that stadium is pretty awful (besides providing the chance for massive crowds, which is amazing when full) and the concourses were packed all game basically. The lines to get in went all the way back to the LRT station.

1 hour ago, hulkrogan said:

They were in line to get in the stadium, or in line for the bathroom. Take your pick, that stadium is pretty awful (besides providing the chance for massive crowds, which is amazing when full) and the concourses were packed all game basically. The lines to get in went all the way back to the LRT station.

Been to lots of events there ( 15 -20 years and earlier ago, to be fair) It is nothing special to be honest, good or bad.

The lines to get in were not there in any real way if you went at 5:30/6:00.  Got to my seat, went to the bathroom in the wait before kickoff, no line at all.

Covid Is responsible for some of it. And less hardcores were probably in the concourses when it got chilly.

Edited by WestHamCanadianinOxford

24 minutes ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Been to lots of events there ( 15 -20 years and earlier ago, to be fair) It is nothing special to be honest, good or bad.

The lines to get in were not there in any real way if you went at 5:30/6:00.  Got to my seat, went to the bathroom in the wait before kickoff, no line at all.

Covid Is responsible for some of it. And less hardcores were probably in the concourses when it got chilly.

I went to the game with some friends from Edmonton.  After we left the pre game Voyageurs get together we entered the stadium on the opposite side of the LRT line.  It was opposite our section but we cruised right in.  I’d suggest to people to walk around the stadium to get in from the LRT station.  Clearly folks will be lazier and just go to the first gate they see 

4 minutes ago, EJsens1 said:

I’d suggest to people to walk around the stadium to get in from the LRT station.  Clearly folks will be lazier and just go to the first gate they see 

That might or might not be good advice, depending on the time and the group sales.

If you are coming early, be at the loading ramp (access in front of the Rec Centre doors) at 5:30. Then any of the 4 gates will work fine, but the south two nearest the ramp are best. 0 minute wait @ 5:45 last game.

Gate 6 (NW) is busy with walk-ups and drop-offs, particularly early. It will be busy later with charter buses that arrive and aren't parking. Worst choice in general, but it comes and goes.

Gate 2 (SW) looked good early, but is the primary gate for charter buses with parking passes. I don't know how many charter buses there were last game. Probably best choice after 6.

Gate 9 (NE) is for LRT, and should be moderately busy throughout, the choice of newbies.

Gate 13 (SE) is for Park & Ride, which don't arrive in numbers until 6:00. Best gate before 6; worst gate after 6.

You can try any of the alternate gates - Gate 11 on the east side is a good choice. But with capacity for one or two people at a time, if there's any lineup it's not a good choice. Don't try the "Pass Gates" - they're not for you. 

After defeating Costa Rica on Friday in front of a packed house of more than 48,000 at Commonwealth Stadium, Canada did one better on even colder night, defeating Mexico 2-1 in front of 44,212 on Tuesday. Over 51,000 tickets to the game had been sold, but a major snowstorm Monday, which carried into Tuesday afternoon made the highways into Edmonton too dangerous to travel for some out-of-town ticket holders.

• Admin unpinned this topic