Tickets for Edmonton World Cup Qualifying Series.

Admin

3 hours ago, red card said:

Better way to make money is simply charge higher prices. US charged up to US$500 for coming Mexico match. It would also reduce the number of tourists attending the match.

Toronto is used to it given Raptors & Leafs pricing for run of the mill regular season games. 

I couldn't be more disgusted by what I just read.

46 minutes ago, Bdog said:

I’m actually curious what the ideal temperature we should hope for is, where they’ll be frozen but the lads will be relatively comfortable. 

Being an expert in Canadian winter:

• Anything colder than -10 and everyone loses. 
  • Anything between -10 and -5 is ideal for maximum Central American pain and just tolerable enough for Canadians.
  • -5 to 0 is at risk of not being advantageous or drastic enough. Once you get running 0 doesn't seem that bad. 

Any sort of light snow is bonus to be distracting for those not familiar with it. 

Edited by grigorio

46 minutes ago, grigorio said:

• Anything between -10 and -5 is ideal for maximum Central American pain and just tolerable enough for Canadians.
  • -5 to 0 is at risk of not being advantageous or drastic enough. Once you get running 0 doesn't seem that bad. 

Any sort of light snow is bonus to be distracting for those not familiar with it. 

Yeah this is pretty much spot on.  The one good thing is when it is colder, people spend less time on their phones, taking off their gloves and shit.  I’ve been to a couple cold outdoor hockey games and it is funny to see.  

Edited by EJsens1

18 hours ago, ShralpShralpShral said:

I couldn't be more disgusted by what I just read.

It's what all pro teams of the 4 major team sports do in North America. It's what US Soccer & FMF do. If Canada makes Qatar, then it's time to value the product closer to what the US Soccer/FMF prices their offerings.

It's one of the steps for CSA to become run like a business rather than a typical poorly run Canadian sport org crying poverty every time. Latest example being Rugby Canada: https://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/article-rugby-canada-expects-to-feel-the-pinch-after-failing-to-qualify-for/?cmpid=rss&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

If you don't want this, then you can't complain about not having youth camps, friendlies, 25+ player call ups, more & hirgher higher quality team staff and anything else that needs funding from the CSA.

Edited by red card

3 minutes ago, EdmPhonzieFan said:

I am so pumped up for Phonzie coming home, bought 8 tickets to bring family and friends to both games, it is going to be amazing. Looking forward to seeing everyone coming to my hometown. Cheers to everyone making the trek. 

With the west upper deck and end zone sections finally being open we are starting to see them move. I do not expect them to sell at the same pace everything else so its great to see people like you picking up a bunch. I do still see a sellout by kickoff though.

14 hours ago, grigorio said:

I've seen Spanish teams go to Russia to play CSKA or Zenit on a final group stage, Bate Borisov in Belarus, or a knock-out match, and they are not comfortable at all. Scotland at 6 degrees and drizzling is fine, 1-3 degrees, anything near zero, is not. The mere fact of light snow, even if not really affecting play or making things colder, also bugs these teams. It is sort of like snow, oh hell. 

Last year there was a major snowstorm in central Spain and matches were cancelled, and plenty of players from Castille or the Pyrenees are perfectly used to it, but no matter. They don't want to be there. 

If we play the matches at anything under 3 degrees they won't like it. If they go out two days before to train, and see those temperatures, they won't want to be in Edmonton, it'll be "let's survive this and get out". So regardless you have to boss them, even if you dislike those temperatures too. You have to boss them to let them know you are fine. Even if you are also wearing gloves like they are.

11 hours ago, MtlMario said:

Not cold enough. 😀

I actually have fond memories of playing in the sub-zero cold, either too early in the spring or too late in the fall, everyone galloping around in touques puffing vapor like they were clydesdales.  However... I do not have fond memories of heading a frozen ball or marvelling afterwards at the hexagonal pattern of broken blood vessels on my thigh from blocking a shot.

Here's to the lads taking the pitch at Commonwealth next month.  Better you than me, pal.

• Admin unpinned this topic