Tickets for Edmonton World Cup Qualifying Series.

Admin

On 10/25/2021 at 3:42 PM, admin said:

We have lots of tickets left... for the lurkers that come through here and have no idea.

www.thevoyageurs.org

This proud "lurker" went by TM that's available to the general public...And right now, both games are "sold-out" apart from V group and left over from group sales...It's gonna be an epic 5 days in city of Edmonton...

1 hour ago, Jedi Ram said:

This proud "lurker" went by TM that's available to the general public...And right now, both games are "sold-out" apart from V group and left over from group sales...It's gonna be an epic 5 days in city of Edmonton...

I do not they they have released anything on the other upper deck as they have been sorting through group sales . I guess if group sales take up it all, noting more other than Vs tickets will be available moving forward. Exciting times for sure. 

15 minutes ago, xabuep2 said:

Have you realized that if there is a sell out in Edmonton, would it set a new record for attendance in a WCQ game played in Canada? The record is held by  BC Place in Vancouver with 54,978 spectators. 💪

Absolutely, it would be the biggest national team game ever. Think the biggest crowd to have ever attended a soccer game in this country would be the big O? 

28 minutes ago, xabuep2 said:

Have you realized that if there is a sell out in Edmonton, would it set a new record for attendance in a WCQ game played in Canada? The record is held by  BC Place in Vancouver with 54,978 spectators. 💪

I think it might be the highest in all the Octagonal. 

I think Mexico's numbers are fake 

26 minutes ago, Cblake said:

Absolutely, it would be the biggest national team game ever. Think the biggest crowd to have ever attended a soccer game in this country would be the big O? 

Let’s say for arguments sake, we’re on the verge of qualifying for Qatar in March.  I wonder if the CSA would consider adding seating to BMO for the Jamaica game.  Flip side is there will be a lot of Jamaican fans there even if they are out of the mix by that point.  I just wonder if it would be worth the money to add in seats.  This assuming they play in Toronto

Edited by EJsens1

Just now, EJsens1 said:

Let’s say for arguments sake, we’re on the verge of qualifying for Qatar in March.  I wonder if the CSA would consider adding seating to BMO for the Jamaica game.  Flip side is there will be a lot of Jamaican fans there even if they are out of the mix by that point.  I just wonder if it would be worth the money to add in seats 

That takes some serious planning and can not be done a whim. In 2016 there structure above the southend started to go in mid summer for the Winter Classic and Grey Cup. It takes many approvals. TFC just happened to benefit from it for the MLS Cup and East Final. They could put some something simple in the north end , a grandstand of sorts. Maybe something to add 2K to the capacity like TFC had for a bit. 

3 minutes ago, Cblake said:

That takes some serious planning and can not be done a whim. In 2016 there structure above the southend started to go in mid summer for the Winter Classic and Grey Cup. It takes many approvals. TFC just happened to benefit from it for the MLS Cup and East Final. They could put some something simple in the north end , a grandstand of sorts. Maybe something to add 2K to the capacity like TFC had for a bit. 

Yeah your comments at the end are what I was thinking.  Not something along the lines of the grey cup a few years back.  Will be interesting what they do for 2026

3 hours ago, EJsens1 said:

Let’s say for arguments sake, we’re on the verge of qualifying for Qatar in March.  I wonder if the CSA would consider adding seating to BMO for the Jamaica game.  Flip side is there will be a lot of Jamaican fans there even if they are out of the mix by that point.  I just wonder if it would be worth the money to add in seats.  This assuming they play in Toronto

Better way to make money is simply charge higher prices. US charged up to US$500 for coming Mexico match. It would also reduce the number of tourists attending the match.

Toronto is used to it given Raptors & Leafs pricing for run of the mill regular season games. 

9 minutes ago, red card said:

Better way to make money is simply charge higher prices. US charged up to US$500 for coming Mexico match. It would also reduce the number of tourists attending the match.

Toronto is used to it given Raptors & Leafs pricing for run of the mill regular season games. 

The best way to make money would be to qualify for the World Cup.

Charging exorbitant prices for a single match is a short-term strategy.

21 minutes ago, RS said:

The best way to make money would be to qualify for the World Cup.

Charging exorbitant prices for a single match is a short-term strategy.

Yes, everyone knows the World Cup is the money maker. 

But if Jamaica is the clinching match, it will be the last meaningful World Cup clinching match and the first one in 35+ years. This screams higher demand leading to higher prices befitting a special occasion. The CSA can tap into it or let the secondary market scoop it up.

1 hour ago, red card said:

Yeah price out fans so the stadium is filled with suits who will sit on their hands the entire game. You want it loud for the important games.

• Admin unpinned this topic