Tickets for Edmonton World Cup Qualifying Series.

Admin

On 11/8/2021 at 8:30 PM, Razcal said:

I wouldn't assume that, having been to commonwealth for a few concerts, it's not particularly handy getting in or out of there.

I'm guessing you didn't see how badly things went in Toronto then. It's not about BMO Field, it is about BMO Field on that particular night. It was absolutely epic how hard it was to get into the stadium.

4 hours ago, Kent said:

I'm guessing you didn't see how badly things went in Toronto then. It's not about BMO Field, it is about BMO Field on that particular night. It was absolutely epic how hard it was to get into the stadium.

3 hours ago, Soldeed said:

Yeah, it was rough. This was four minutes before kick-off. Thousands of people in line at BMO. They were not prepared for the biggest event of the year. I wouldn't risk it at Commonwealth either.

https://twitter.com/TobiasVaughn/status/1448430015004221444

It came down to the fact that capacity was increased to full only 4 days before the game, thus allowing them to sell over an additional 5,000 tickets and they simply could not get the people in to properly staff it as there was also no a single concession stand open on the upper east side. Also the Leafs home opener was that night against Montreal and they draw on the same staffing pool. Nothing was ideal about this and the Canada game got the blunt of it. 

36 minutes ago, Cblake said:

It came down to the fact that capacity was increased to full only 4 days before the game, thus allowing them to sell over an additional 5,000 tickets and they simply could not get the people in to properly staff it as there was also no a single concession stand open on the upper east side. Also the Leafs home opener was that night against Montreal and they draw on the same staffing pool. Nothing was ideal about this and the Canada game got the blunt of it. 

You’re right but I was there pretty early.  We went to Brazen Head for a couple beers before and got to the stadium (5 minute walk for those who don’t know) and got in pretty quick as we were pretty close to the front of the line.  They opened late.  They should have opened at 5 sharp.  Security was set up by that point with everyone standing around.  It still would have caused line ups but would have alleviated some of the backlog.  That’s why I’m concerned about fridays game suggesting it won’t be open until 5:30.  I know you’re not going until tuesdays game so if there are issues hopefully they are dealt with by then

Edited by EJsens1

4 hours ago, Soldeed said:

Yeah, it was rough. This was four minutes before kick-off. Thousands of people in line at BMO. They were not prepared for the biggest event of the year. I wouldn't risk it at Commonwealth either.

And before people say "You shouldn't show up 10 minutes before the game", the lines looked pretty much like that when I arrived, an hour before kick-off. I just barely got in and got a beer and got to my seat before kick-off.

6 hours ago, Soldeed said:

lol I'm somewhere in that video, probably way in the back. I was just walking around for like 5 minutes in disbelief that those were actual lineups, coulda got in a few minutes earlier :(

8 hours ago, Cblake said:

It is these full rows that have popped up in the middle of the upper deck that should go quickly. A fair chunk of the end zone for the Mexico match has already been sold, great to see. 

The weather has turned for that Mexico match.  For a more casual fan waiting on the weather, the Costa Rica game is going to be almost perfect weather.  The Mexico match, not so much.  The late deciders could be a few hundred, or maybe a couple thousand...hopefully it's the latter.

Just now, prairiecanuck said:

The weather has turned for that Mexico match.  For a more casual fan waiting on the weather, the Costa Rica game is going to be almost perfect weather.  The Mexico match, not so much.  The late deciders could be a few hundred, or maybe a couple thousand...hopefully it's the latter.

I'm predicting Davies will do something amazing on Friday that will help sell out the Mexico game.

9 hours ago, Cblake said:

It is these full rows that have popped up in the middle of the upper deck that should go quickly. A fair chunk of the end zone for the Mexico match has already been sold, great to see. 

I'm surprised that the end zone is almost sold out while there are plenty of tickets available in the upper deck corners. Surely you'd get a much better view of the match from up high.

3 hours ago, jonovision said:

I'm surprised that the end zone is almost sold out while there are plenty of tickets available in the upper deck corners. Surely you'd get a much better view of the match from up high.

I think some people prefer the easy access to concession in back concourse and bathroom, it's popular to simply stand back there

Just another friendly suggestion to get there earlier than later. Foresight perhaps not the issue. Standing on cold concrete in the dark for three hours, make $50 minus taxes plus two transit fares is a bigger issue recruiting casual or OT this time of year. Security-as-scanners is clearly a Plan C.

P.S. Treat the staff kindly - they know less about their job than you do.

Credit: Reddit forum.

They're trying to add extra staff, but waited wayyyy too long to do so. My husband is Operations Manager for a security company and they contacted him YESTERDAY asking him if he could round up 50 screeners/scanners for tomorrow. Not much foresight there....

• Admin unpinned this topic