Tickets for Edmonton World Cup Qualifying Series.

Admin

4 minutes ago, narduch said:

Jones is trying to make a lame shot at Toronto. 

But being a dumb Sun Media reporter he totally mangled the wording.

Terry Jones should've been fired over a decade a go. The guy writes nonsense and literally drives his vehicle onto the Commonwealth Stadium concourse, watches esks practice, leaves and writes BS without talking to a single person. He's pulling $80,000 a year and does shit all. Also, he's got a bunch of wrong facts in this article. I hate that man more than anyone in the business. He's an embarrassment. 

20 minutes ago, ShaneC06 said:

Terry Jones should've been fired over a decade a go. The guy writes nonsense and literally drives his vehicle onto the Commonwealth Stadium concourse, watches esks practice, leaves and writes BS without talking to a single person. He's pulling $80,000 a year and does shit all. Also, he's got a bunch of wrong facts in this article. I hate that man more than anyone in the business. He's an embarrassment. 

Whatever he was trying to say it missed it's mark and wasn't properly worded.   He's 73 years old.  I guess he get's a seniors pass.  

11 hours ago, Cblake said:

Did tickets in the Vs section in Ottawa yesterday get released to general sale, was that the issue that caused this? I thought it was Jamie’s etc decision if something like this were to happen? Just curious. 

Yes, I told them to release the tickets, or rather agreed to it.  We had over 500 seats on hold.  Sold less than 30.  There is no world in which we get to keep all those seats for just a few of us.

It is on us to sell those tickets.  We didn't do it. 

A mistake was made in that TM did not warn people buying in those sections it was a supporters section.  Those people had no idea, and are not at fault. 

Sometimes you have to read the room.  The way things fell, it just wasn't going to work.  It sucked, but there was not much else to do. Two ushers can't relocate 300 people. 

16 hours ago, ShaneC06 said:

Idk if anyone can lend a hand with this, but given the fact that the supporters in Ottawa were asked to sit down because they were blocking the view of children, is there a way to ensure we can make this not be an issue with Soccer Canada and game day security when these games happen in November?

Nobody wants a bad time.. Nobody wants a repeat of 2015 when they asked us to sit down and we said no and they moved everyone..  Stadium security, staff and Soccer Canada should realize/know we will be standing, singing and drinking the entire game. 

We have been doing this for 25 years.   We do this with Canada Soccer.  WWC was not CSA, it was the FIFA LOC shitheads that blocked us at ever turn that were the problem.

Of course they know who we are and what we do.  How do you think we get the sections? 

They allocated over 500 seats to us and held them as long as they could.  We didn't sell them. That is our problem. 

1 hour ago, Cblake said:
What a moment for the beautiful game in Canada. 

Seriously! Yesterday I was thinking about it. In the last couple days tens of thousands of tickets have been sold for final round World Cup Qualifiers for the men's team, who currently sit in a position to qualify for the World Cup. Meanwhile, the all time leading international goal scorer, who is Canadian, added to her record yesterday in a game that was a celebration of Canada's Olympic Gold Medal. I don't know what planet this is but I love it!

2 hours ago, admin said:

Yes, I told them to release the tickets, or rather agreed to it.  We had over 500 seats on hold.  Sold less than 30.  There is no world in which we get to keep all those seats for just a few of us.

It is on us to sell those tickets.  We didn't do it. 

Not to derail this topic but...  WCQing is sucking up a lot of the oxygen right now and I don't think anyone is, or should be, surprised by that. 

Club disapointments aside (for some of us 🙁) it's been an amazing 2021 for Canadian football.  The Ladies have set an incredible challenge to the Men and we all hope they can live up to it.  Boy oh boy, do we.

Not up to us but Soccer Canada should be bringing in as many of those Golden Ladies to the remaining WCQers as club commitments allow.  Not to take anything away from the Men's moment but more for solidarity and inspiration.  Maybe that's already the plan.  Maybe it's not practical.  Or maybe it's just a bad idea, wrong time and wrong place.  But I just feel like they belong in this. 

Applogies for the interruption.

Wow...

Costa Rica - just 83 tickets left - 17 lower bowl and 59 upper bowl

Mexico - just 17 tickets left - all in lower bowl on west end

Once the group sales tickets are completed and sorted out, then the rest of the stadium tickets will be up for sale (if any)...still curious if any "Party Deck" tickets will be available at all ...

15 hours ago, Jedi Ram said:

Wow...

Costa Rica - just 83 tickets left - 17 lower bowl and 59 upper bowl

Mexico - just 17 tickets left - all in lower bowl on west end

Once the group sales tickets are completed and sorted out, then the rest of the stadium tickets will be up for sale (if any)...still curious if any "Party Deck" tickets will be available at all ...

We have lots of tickets left... for the lurkers that come through here and have no idea.

www.thevoyageurs.org

3 minutes ago, Aird25 said:

Are there still more tickets to be released? If they're opening up other sections it seems really bad that you can't currently buy a ticket

They are sorting out group sales.

We will have more tickets added shortly. 

In our case we have space on reserve, and are metering it out as we sell tickets.  

3 minutes ago, lamptern said:

Ticketmaster should have a pop up notice now that letting ticket buyers know more tickets will be released SOON at east upper deck. 

It's called customer retention. And it's always good for the business. 

Like they have no idea what might be available, maybe the CSA is so inundated with group sales requests and the other upper deck never sees the light in terms of Ticketmaster, apparently a lot of group orders came in, which should not surprised anyone. Fully expect these games to be sold out by the end of the week. 

19 minutes ago, El Hombre said:

Pretty sure @admin indicated above that there will be more tickets available for the Voyageurs section.

Thanks.

I guess I will go register on the Voyageur's site and become a member there in the hopes of getting one of those last tickets.

27 minutes ago, Modax said:

If I want to get a ticket for my wife does she also need to have a Voyageur's membership as well?

We have a request in for them to open up more tickets … it’s just taking a while because the CSA is buried in other ticketing concerns. So hold on … more tickets will be there (hopefully soon). 

And as stated above, one member can buy tickets for others. 

• Admin unpinned this topic