WCQ: Third Round - Window 2 (October 7-13, 2021)

Yoginess

2 hours ago, narduch said:

Surprised TSN didn't pick up USA v Jamaica. Its on ESPN2.

I definitely would have watched it in the lead up to the Canada match.

Illegal streams it is I guess.

I was going to ask if you don't have One Soccer. But it looks like that is the one game on Thursday they don't have. Could watch 25 minutes of Costa Rica vs Honduras until the pregame for Canada vs Mexico starts.

Just now, Kent said:

I was going to ask if you don't have One Soccer. But it looks like that is the one game on Thursday they don't have. Could watch 25 minutes of Costa Rica vs Honduras until the pregame for Canada vs Mexico starts.

I have One Soccer but I'm more interested in this game as it features our next opponent 

5 hours ago, trc2014 said:

This may be shifting to a NEED to get 3 points in Jamaica.  If they leave this window with limited points, they may concede the whole cycle and we have to assume that Canada’s competitors will get three points in Jamaica.

100% at the rate Jamaica's team is imploding already I think 3 points is needed at this point. Thankful this window we had a road game vs Jamaica instead of us playing them at home considering how much harder road points are.

If anyone is feeling nervous, remember that we’re not locked in here with the rest of the Ocho. They’re locked in here with us.

An excerpt from a Jamaican panel discussion:

“I am more concerned about Canada [than USA]... Think about Alphonso Davies running at Alvas Powell.”

“Oh Jesus.” everyone on the panel bursts into nervous laughter

Edited by footballfreak

Jamaican insiders are reporting that West Ham Manager Moyes pressured Antonio to stay at West ham in this window due to upcoming Europa league matches but that Moyes will give Antonio his full blessing to play in the November qualifiers when there are only two matches. So it doesnt seem like Antonio is forever done with Jamaica but his commitment is obviously quite soft. 

22 minutes ago, Alex said:

After looking at Jamaica’s revised roster I am expecting three points from them. 

This is their revised roster. Still some decent players and threats, but they go from being #3-#4 in concacaf (based on talent at least) to near the bottom.  Add to this that they have essentially no real home field advantage, and this might be our "easiest" road match. Really need to take advantage of it. 

GK
Andre Blake, Dillon Barnes, Jeadine White

DF
Alvas Powell, Oniel Fisher, Damion Lowe, Javain Brown, Kemar Lawrence, Adrian Mariappa, Jamoi Topey

MF
Tyreek Magee, Devon Williams, Je-vaughn Watson, Junior Flemmings, Bobby Reid, Kemar Roofe

FW
Javon East, Andre Gray, Jamal Lowe, Shamar Nicholson

That is a pedestrian lineup. It is a small squad as well, only 20 players. I am not sure what their yellow card situation is but with a small outfield squad it could play a role. 

We need a win on the road to make up for the Honduras game and this seems set up on a platter for us. And if they become a punching bag we need to land a blow. 

7 minutes ago, sstackho said:

However, when pressed by the Jamaica Observer about that nature of the “logistical and travel difficulties” put forward by the player, vis-à-vis the importance of the next three games, a source, which requested anonymity, indicated that the player turned down the invite after his request to have his personal physiotherapist accompany him on the trip (all expenses paid by the player) was not guaranteed.

2 minutes ago, Metro said:

How so?  Empty stadium?

Jamaica has a weak home field advantage generally (at least compared to most of the squads in the octagonal), but they still haven’t received approval to have spectators for Sundays match. They were trying to get approval for up to 15k fully vaccinated fans but I haven’t seen any news yet. Given there are only 5 days left I’m not sure if it’s going to happen

4 minutes ago, Floortom said:

Jamaica has a weak home field advantage generally (at least compared to most of the squads in the octagonal), but they still haven’t received approval to have spectators for Sundays match. They were trying to get approval for up to 15k fully vaccinated fans but I haven’t seen any news yet. Given there are only 5 days left I’m not sure if it’s going to happen

The Office when full isnt the easiest place to play in CONCACAF but compared to Central America and the Azteca its not near as tough

17 hours ago, VinceA said:

Antonio won't be with Jamaica this window.

At this rate I don't see him or many of the other recently capped England-born Jamaicans getting too many caps. Seems like many of them can't be arsed to represent the country if it is slightly inconvenient for them.

Just got my ticket to the Panama game paid for. 

Bet my Jamaican buddy a few weeks ago, Antonio won't play this window. He said impossible, I listed multiple different reasons why.  

Winner winner :)

1 hour ago, trc2014 said:

However, when pressed by the Jamaica Observer about that nature of the “logistical and travel difficulties” put forward by the player, vis-à-vis the importance of the next three games, a source, which requested anonymity, indicated that the player turned down the invite after his request to have his personal physiotherapist accompany him on the trip (all expenses paid by the player) was not guaranteed.

When I said "multiple different reasons"  why he would not go... Never considered that one ^. 

Antonio: "As you know I am a boss when I am in-form but have had multiple injury issues over my career. With the tight window and all that travel can I bring and pay for my own physio therapist who knows my body and has kept me healthy recently". 

JFF: nah man , we got you. 

Antonio: see you next window, logistics.