WCQ: Third Round - Window 2 (October 7-13, 2021)

Yoginess

4 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

In literally almost any other situation, no.  But in this qualifying process it is a grudging yes from me.

If Mexico locks up spot 1 and the USA ultimately gets enough points to qualify (taking points off of our opponents in the process) I think it maximizes our chances of qualification. 

I think the USA has too much quality this cycle not to qualify.  If there was any doubt of that, their second half comeback against Honduras (in Honduras) should set the record straight.  I don’t see any realistic scenario where they and Mexico aren’t  both in the top 3.  So my preference is that they both get as many points against our other competitors as possible.  That is ultimately better for us than temporarily feeling good because the US were humbled in a game against some rival - that might then be closer to beating us to 3rd spot.  

For me this is all about the end result. Getting to Qatar trumps everything else.  That is why I would sit some heavy hitters tonight (as much as I would love to test ourselves against them) and why I want the Us to win (as much as I would lie to see the stumble).  

I don't think I've ever agreed to a post as much as this one. Get out of my head!

Over the course of 14 games, the USA's quality and depth will eventually show they are top 3. We need every other non-Canada team to lose to MEX and USA, and draw each other.

I switched over to HON-CRC. Back and forth. SPS is a cow patch. The key to defending against CRC is do not allow corners. Anything positive they’ve created so far is from corner kicks.

Lawrence is out for the next game against us. Yellow card accumulation.

edit: Lowe not Lawrence. Misspoke.

Edited by footballfreak

6 minutes ago, footballfreak said:

I switched over to HON-CRC. Back and forth. SPS is a cow patch. The key to defending against CRC is do not allow corners. Anything positive they’ve created so far is from corner kicks.

Lawrence only has one yellow I believe. Lowe is out. 

5 minutes ago, footballfreak said:

Looking at the match reports, I think Lawrence is still ok. In first 3 games, Jamaica had: 2x Burke, 1x Nicholson, 1x Lowe, 1x Turgott.