Justin Smith

Apparently he played well, someone on reddit posted these tweets from Nice fans about him.

https://twitter.com/ClubNissa/status/1411373114861264907?s=20

https://twitter.com/NaninhoJr06/status/1411348828259852293?s=20

https://twitter.com/BenNissart_/status/1411373730975125508?s=20

If we have another young CB doing well in Europe, that would be very pleasant.

He's shy, but he's also young. Looks like they like the kid and that is an amazing level for someone his age(if he can get actual minutes). I think he maybe in callup territory, eventhough he will totally lack chemistry with the squad bc he's never been called. Maybe this is why we should play a couple friendlies already!

10 hours ago, An Observer said:

If he can get consistent minutes in Ligue 1, he’s got to be in contention for us as we have no one playing at that level in our CBs.  Of course, that is a big if, I think he’s more likely for the 2026 cycle than this one.

Yeah 2026 he will be more mature as a footballer by then 

24 minutes ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Another pre-season start, I believe

I was really hoping that Parsemain on that lineup was Martinique's legend Kevin Parsemain (who isn't on their Gold Cup roster) who has had a long career of unforunate circumstances. Both of his MLS opportunities were spoiled by misfortune (a season ending injury & then an issue with registering an ITC). But... it was just a player from their U19 squad.

Looks like this XI features 3 members of the first team and then a combination of reserve/U19 players.

30 minutes ago, Aird25 said:

Odds that he suites up for Canada before this thread gets to 20 pages?

If he can even start making the bench for Nice this season, it would immediately put him into consideration for our program.  Obviously he would still have to commit to Canada, but I don't think it's going to be too difficult if his only other eligible nation is France.

11 minutes ago, PopePouri said:

Playing in midfield today.

This is the last thing I want to hear 😪

25 minutes ago, Corazon said:

If he can even start making the bench for Nice this season, it would immediately put him into consideration for our program.  Obviously he would still have to commit to Canada, but I don't think it's going to be too difficult if his only other eligible nation is France.

This is the last thing I want to hear 😪

Aside from Eustaquio, our cup isn't exactly running over in quality young midfielders either. If he can play both CB and midfield at a good level, even better.

29 minutes ago, frmr said:

Aside from Eustaquio, our cup isn't exactly running over in quality young midfielders either. If he can play both CB and midfield at a good level, even better.

You know what's funny, I was thinking about mentioning this in my post as well but decided to leave it as is.  I was going to say that whether he breaks through in Ligue 1 with Nice as a CB or CM, he should be getting the call.  We are in no position to turn down a Ligue 1 midfielder. 😂

Getting too far ahead of ourselves right now.  Let's hope he does break through with the first team first.