Justin Smith

Not that he will ever play for France barring a massive change in his development path but I find it interesting that in FIFA 22 he is already listed as Canadian. He was not born in Canada and has not lived here so I wonder if he was personally asked by some EA French representative what his nationality was and he deiced to tell them Canada. Otherwise it doesn't make much sense why he wouldn't be listed as French. 

Edited by Atlantic

• 2 weeks later...

Nice have a lot of midfielders and some forwards who can play in the midfield. I wouldn’t count out him picking up a few minutes of senior play at some point this year but it’ll be very hard for him to be a regular bench player. 

I think he might following something similar to Corbeanu albeit at a different position: at 18 train with the first team and make the bench a few times before the following season going on loan lower down domestically. 

14 minutes ago, VinceA said:

I wonder, assuming the Jan squad is expanded, he gets a call-up to at the very least train with the team.

Definitely seems like a kid we should get a look at ASAP.  Not assuming anything about an actual cap or anything but he seems like one of the key prospects we should be assessing (and building a relationship with).  Hopefully the January camp/squad/whatever allows us to get a look at some of these guys (Flores, Jebbison, Dias, etc are others that could be called into a non-committal camp).  A chance to play with/against some of the senior guys could seal the deal in terms of their interest.