Lowell Wright

Bdog

12 minutes ago, Shway said:

Last year for reference. 

image.png.31000136daefe7b1d6f57407574729b9.png

image.thumb.png.a63abe9f2bfb7e6b2cb8a40f7abf9c0d.png

Looking like some of the 40yr old former ballers I see playing in the Sunday Caribbean league in Scarborough. 
This guy better fix up, this is way too heavy for a 19yo. 

Maybe he has a medical condition that flared up? It is bizarre that he's gone through such a drastic change in a year.

Nice that he scored, but disappointed to see his new physique. My impression of him while he was with York United was that he had the tools, as long as he works hard he could make it. But I did have some concern about his work ethic on the field. Looks like his work ethic off the field hasn't been good. Hopefully sebdeserio's suggestion is correct and he's past it and can get into better shape than ever sooner rather than later.

I just settled on my best guess. I bet this is the "Freshman 15". I assume when he moved out to Vancouver that was his first time moving away from his parents. Lots of people (at least the non-athletes) put on weight when it's up to them to feed themselves for the first time.

1 minute ago, Kent said:

I just settled on my best guess. I bet this is the "Freshman 15". I assume when he moved out to Vancouver that was his first time moving away from his parents. Lots of people (at least the non-athletes) put on weight when it's up to them to feed themselves for the first time.

Naw man bullshit excuse. This is a lack of discipline. No athletic Freshman does this. These guys have access to nutritionist, meals, gyms anything they need to be successful.

These guy have one of the best players of all time in CR7 to reference the importance of taking care of your body as an athlete.

I’m severely disappointed to see him like this, and I just hope he turns it around. 

No way he’s passing any medical.

3 hours ago, Shway said:

Last year for reference. 

image.png.31000136daefe7b1d6f57407574729b9.png

image.thumb.png.a63abe9f2bfb7e6b2cb8a40f7abf9c0d.png

Looking like some of the 40yr old former ballers I see playing in the Sunday Caribbean league in Scarborough. 
This guy better fix up, this is way too heavy for a 19yo. 

Hate to say it, but if any athlete lets themselves get this profoundly and obviously out of shape, it demonstrates a serious lack of focus and self-control. I'm calling it here, this guy amounts to nothing and is working a Joe job by his 23rd birthday.

Edited by A_Gagne

Careful guys its 2023, we'll get flagged for fat shaming and claiming that someone overweight is not as productive as someone who is fit.

Please excuse me, had to let it out.  We were encouraged to participate in a conference sensitizing to the challenges of transgenders at work this week.  I've reached my limit of PC, millenial ideologies and idiocies for the week.

No offence good people, just venting.

Edited by costarg

5 hours ago, costarg said:

Careful guys its 2023, we'll get flagged for fat shaming and claiming that someone overweight is not as productive as someone who is fit.

Please excuse me, had to let it out.  We were encouraged to participate in a conference sensitizing to the challenges of transgenders at work this week.  I've reached my limit of PC, millenial ideologies and idiocies for the week.

No offence good people, just venting.

God forbid your company tell you not to be a dick towards marginalised groups, eh?

I have seen overweight guys in 8th tier, like that, but not in 7th. Meaning at a certain level it is not acceptable and the player needs to hear an ultimatum.

My preference is to never play a guy clearly overweight, he does not even get called up.

In a week he'll have dealt with at least part of the problem. And not alone, the Caps have nutritionists and could easily be assisting him. There's a reason, for example, why many clubs have taken to training and then the players eating together midday.

35 minutes ago, SthMelbRed said:

God forbid your company tell you not to be a dick towards marginalised groups, eh?

In all honesty, i count 3 gays among my best friends.  I love them and support them fully. 

I do however have challenges with people not being able to call a spade a spade, or someone with a penis a man.  I'm ok with cross dressing, exploring ones sexuality and limits.  I don't understand a man wanting to use the ladies restroom or a man wanting to play competetive tennis, boxing or athletics vs women.  No amount of sensitivity training will help me with that, I fear I'm a lost cause.

8 minutes ago, costarg said:

In all honesty, i count 3 gays among my best friends.  I love them and support them fully. 

I do however have challenges with people not being able to call a spade a spade, or someone with a penis a man.  I'm ok with cross dressing, exploring ones sexuality and limits.  I don't understand a man wanting to use the ladies restroom or a man wanting to play competetive tennis, boxing or athletics vs women.  No amount of sensitivity training will help me with that, I fear I'm a lost cause.

We commend you for counting your gay friends, we're impressed.

13 minutes ago, costarg said:

You're probably right.

25 minutes ago, SthMelbRed said:

You're probably right.

And i'm alright with that. We're still entitled to opinions and feelings as well as expressing them.  It stil won't make me disrespectful or mean towards trans people or what have you.  It's ok to disagree.

However assuming someone's a dick to people just because he doesn't agree with or understand their stance is a dick move and only a dick thinks in absolutes.  

6 minutes ago, costarg said:

And i'm alright with that. We're still entitled to opinions and feelings as well as expressing them.  It stil won't make me disrespectful or mean towards trans people or what have you.  It's ok to disagree.

However assuming someone's a dick to people just because he doesn't agree with or understand their stance is a dick move and only a dick thinks in absolutes.  

Shut up. You're not allowed to make sense on those subjects.
You just gotta sit down, open your mouth and take the force feeding. 

...all in all this convo is for somewhere else.

15 minutes ago, costarg said:

Well done trying to turn yourself into the victim here. 

1 hour ago, costarg said:

Common sense isn’t allowed here, bigot.