Lowell Wright

Bdog

• 10 months later...
On 8/16/2020 at 1:04 PM, Bison44 said:

?? He's not from Brampton?

Reading some of that Brampton thread brought me here: 

And his sweet goal vs. Valour  made this *bump* seem appropriate.  

What's the next U__ cycle that this kid might be a part of?

3 minutes ago, Acid-Tone said:

Reading some of that Brampton thread brought me here: 

And his sweet goal vs. Valour  made this *bump* seem appropriate.  

What's the next U__ cycle that this kid might be a part of?

U20s in 2023 and the U23s ahead of the 2024 OLY.

He's right in there with Jebbison (?), Pepple and Perruzza for our U23's striker depth.

Edited by VinceA

33 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Really impressed with him so far. His physicality stands out, especially for a 17 year old, but it’s clear he has some technical ability. He should be able to develop that in a pro environment. He reminds me a bit of Akinola.

Might be nice to get a winter loan to a European youth setup this winter. 

I just finished watching the last game and was gonna mention how he already looks stronger than everyone out there, which is crazy considering his age. I think he's also a good decision maker, he holds up the ball well and doesn't try to do too much or randomly give the ball away like a lot of young players typically do.

2 hours ago, VinceA said:

U20s in 2023 and the U23s ahead of the 2024 OLY.

He's right in there with Jebbison (?), Pepple and Perruzza for our U23's striker depth.

Is Pepple not a LW ? 

Wright is considered one of the top 2003’s in Canada, at least that’s what York said when they signed him. I don’t think Wright is in the Can PL next year btw, Pepple barely played and boom he moved, I think the level of play now is USL champ, maybe higher. A 17 year old starting and scoring is going to be getting European looks, remember that Bryan Reynolds kid…

Edited by Dominic94

1 minute ago, Dominic94 said:

Is Pepple not a LW ? 

Wright is considered one of the top 2003’s in Canada, at least that’s what York said when they signed him. I don’t think Wright is in the Can PL next year btw, Pepple barely played and boom he moved, I think the level of play now is USL champ, maybe higher. A 17 year old starting and scoring is going to be getting European looks, remember that Bryan Reynolds kid…

Bryan Reynolds was in MLS and wasn’t 17 or scoring goals. Maybe you mean Haji Wright? 

9 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Bryan Reynolds was in MLS and wasn’t 17 or scoring goals. Maybe you mean Haji Wright? 

Reynolds played most of the year in the USL. And then 10 games MLS and was gone, I’m saying it’s possible Wright’s path is to Europe despite no MLS.

16 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

Is Pepple not a LW ? 

I don’t know man, I can’t get hyped about European moves that lead to an academy. It’s not as promising as it seems.

I would’ve preferred these guys stay in the league, perform then make the move to a first team or reserve team.

You can’t rate the CPL highly and then say a guy is only good enough to play u18 laliga youth ball.

That can’t be the goal of the CPL teams.

6 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

Reynolds played most of the year in the USL. And then 10 games MLS and was gone, I’m saying it’s possible Wright’s path is to Europe despite no MLS.

That was 2019 he played USL but I get your point. Adonijah Reid played as a 17 year old USL and is still there .. who knows what the future holds.

21 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

That was 2019 he played USL but I get your point. Adonijah Reid played as a 17 year old USL and is still there .. who knows what the future holds.

Most can’t make the jump, but I just meant it’s possible, I’m very hopeful.

23 minutes ago, Shway said:

I don’t know man, I can’t get hyped about European moves that lead to an academy. It’s not as promising as it seems.

I would’ve preferred these guys stay in the league, perform then make the move to a first team or reserve team.

You can’t rate the CPL highly and then say a guy is only good enough to play u18 laliga youth ball.

yea but Pepple also barely played and lost a season. At the end of the day you do have to move up somewhere, it also depends on the player/team. Wright seems to be ahead of Pepple at the same age, in terms of ability and soon professional games.

7 hours ago, Dominic94 said:

yea but Pepple also barely played and lost a season. At the end of the day you do have to move up somewhere, it also depends on the player/team. Wright seems to be ahead of Pepple at the same age, in terms of ability and soon professional games.

If Transfermarkt is correct, Wright already has more pro experience (but with less appearances) than Pepple has.

Pepple - 14 appearances, 134 minutes, 0 goals, 0 assists

Wright - 8 appearances, 469 minutes, 2 goals, 1 assist

Seriously, how did Pepple have that many appearances, and they average less than 10 minutes each? Is that supposed to develop him? I can understand 2 or 3 late game cameos just to get him in front of a crowd, but then at some point you have to give him a chance to do something. Or was his role simply to kill the clock with a late game sub?

3 hours ago, Kent said:

If Transfermarkt is correct, Wright already has more pro experience (but with less appearances) than Pepple has.

Pepple - 14 appearances, 134 minutes, 0 goals, 0 assists

Wright - 8 appearances, 469 minutes, 2 goals, 1 assist

Seriously, how did Pepple have that many appearances, and they average less than 10 minutes each? Is that supposed to develop him? I can understand 2 or 3 late game cameos just to get him in front of a crowd, but then at some point you have to give him a chance to do something. Or was his role simply to kill the clock with a late game sub?

You talk as if team selection is based solely on developing the youngest player on the squad

11 hours ago, Shway said:

Wrong again, boy you are on quite the run. 

Pepple goes into a solid u-19 side of a La Liga team because that is the top level a kid his age will normally play at if he is on track for a high-level pro career. Including the ones at Real Madrid who they beat in their league match. It is also a much higher development level than the CPL, which simply dictates playing time to kids, with no specific development programme or plan.

In any case, your hope of a kid jumping from CPL to a reserve team or a first team in a good league: hasn't happed yet, not even close. The arguably best player in the first year went to Belgium and did not play. One of the better players went to Barnet, the worst team in England 5th tier. The projected path is frankly shitty, so far anyways. 

It is hard enough to go from MLS to a good side in Europe, never mind CPL or USL.

BTW, Aribim plays centre forward, he is up front and centre for Getafe in most matches, or could be stuck on a side in the odd 4-4-2. But he's considered close to a target or "ariete".

His real problem is that being born in late December 2002, he does not qualify for u-19 Spanish football by one week. They'll either have to send him to the B team, which is probably too big a step up; or let him find other options. So after a very short stint of 3-4 months his development path will be stunted because of age, nothing else. That fact that he has not postulated a return to CPL is promising, however.

24 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

Same question, but I believe the Juvenil A is one of the best youth leagues world wide. 

I'm not doubting that they are a good development league. I guess I'm mostly curious what they provide that CPL doesn't. I have a hard enough time finding out who is even in camp or available for selection before lineups are announced. Let alone knowing what development programs are in place for various players across the league. I'd be very interested to learn more, as I have absolutely no way of drawing any conclusions myself

I don’t know where my opinion could be wrong, and what else did I say to be on a run lol….but okay @Unnamed Trialistrun with your expert takes on Spanish football.  Trust your know-it-all knowledge that what you are saying is factual because somehow it’s better if a 17yo is playing at his age vs with 25yos. It’s not like he went to Ajax, Man City, or Bayer Munich. It’s Getafe - very few have come out of there in recent times, and very few graduates play for the first team. But feel free to correct me. 

Borges was transferred into a tough situation, where they brought in a lot of guys where they essentially had two teams, all within a promotion push and having a new manager change. But let’s forget that.

Lets also forget about Waterman, as he’s also an early anomaly right?

Let’s also forget about Zators short term loan because he just wasn’t good enough to crack it in Europe? Is what we will say right?

Ultimately my opinion is on the basis that it’s always better to be playing with and against men (regardless of the level) rather than playing against other kids. But I guess your biased knowledge has Spanish youth football as the pinnacle and leader of developing young players.

So we’ll run with that.