Lowell Wright

Bdog

3 hours ago, Shway said:

I dm'ed the boy, and gave him some words of encouragement with references to his pictures. 
As a complete random, I want to see him win. And there's no way he can like that. 

I can understand wanting the best for him, but this is a step too far. This isn't ultimately any of our business and we should leave him be.

37 minutes ago, PiedPilko said:

I can understand wanting the best for him, but this is a step too far. This isn't ultimately any of our business and we should leave him be.

Agreed. However the whitecaps need to address this and provide him with proper support. It doesn’t make sense how he gained this much in a short time, their team nutritionists have failed and that is concerning. Why is he allowed to live alone ? If he lives alone that is. He went from being ripped to over weight, someone needs to be held accountable for that besides himself.

1 hour ago, PiedPilko said:

I’m a fan. He is a professional. I truly care that he succeeds. And sometimes it’s good to receive encouragement from “outside” influence. 

It’s in the same way you can message someone saying “nice goal”, “lift your head up” or “keep it up”.
They read it and appreciate it.

It’s positive vibes.

I didn’t send him what I wrote here which would be different. 

20 hours ago, costarg said:

...or mean towards trans people or what have you...

I'm in my mid-50s and I honestly don't think I've ever met a trans person. Met plenty of overweight soccer players though, but none who had a professional career worth mentioning after rather than before entering Fat Bastard from Austin Powers sort of territory.

A few decades back players showing up out of shape for preseason training was nothing massively out of the ordinary. Now not so much. Maybe the long off season MLS has didn't help in his case and it's nothing that a bit of running won't fix as happened back in the day.

3 minutes ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

I'm in my mid-50s and I honestly don't think I've ever met a trans person. Met plenty of overweight soccer players though, but none who had a professional career worth mentioning after rather than before entering Fat Bastard from Austin Powers sort of territory.

A few decades back players showing up out of shape for preseason training was nothing massively out of the ordinary. Now not so much. Maybe the long off season MLS has didn't help in his case and it's nothing that a bit of running won't fix as happened back in the day.

I hear you, it's hard to tell since they're not obliged to wear those coloured triangles anymore.

On 3/11/2023 at 7:09 PM, Shway said:

I dm'ed the boy

That's going a little too far I think. I agree with @PiedPilko .

I mean @Shway , what is your message truly going to do? Is he going to be like "Oh shit, some random fan sent me words of encouragement, that's just the spark I was missing to stay motivated!" 😬

21 hours ago, PiedPilko said:

Given all the nonsense and non sequiturs in this thread, at least we can be thankful that @Shway didn't say that he is going to fly to Vancouver and follow Wright around with a tuba.

- - - - -

I hope he can overcome any health challenges he may have and show Canada that he's got the Wright stuff. 💪

Best of luck to the young man and I hope he proves the doubters wrong with the power of Brampton.

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

Umm, I think his coaches and team mates have already had a go at him, fans arent going to move the needle.  Poor guy prob hasnt eaten anything but chicken breast, egg whites and broccoli since they saw what kind of shape he was in.  Either way, he scored..keep scoring and he can work the rest out as he goes.  

• 1 month later...

No info for a while. From what I can gather, he hasn’t even made the bench so far this season?

Have to assume it’s an injury? 

Last mention of him on Whitecaps 2 is April 2, when he subbed into a game. 

Edited by canuckgbp

1 hour ago, canuckgbp said:

No info for a while. From what I can gather, he hasn’t even made the bench so far this season?

Have to assume it’s an injury? 

Last mention of him on Whitecaps 2 is April 2, when he subbed into a game. 

Seeing where he was at physically in the pre season, that might be best case scenario. Doesn't seem like things have gone well for him after York. Hope he gets back on track as he has talent.

• 1 month later...

Need more info. How has his training and commitment been? Did he arrive completely out of shape and unfit? If so what was his attitude in correcting that? 

It’s a shame. From so much promise to League1 BC? Turning 20 this summer. 

I was hoping it was injury related (maybe it still is?) but being sent down a tier doesn’t bode well. 

15 minutes ago, canuckgbp said:

Need more info. How has his training and commitment been? Did he arrive completely out of shape and unfit? If so what was his attitude in correcting that? 

It’s a shame. From so much promise to League1 BC? Turning 20 this summer. 

I was hoping it was injury related (maybe it still is?) but being sent down a tier doesn’t bode well. 

They should’ve just sent him back to York 9. 

12 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Do we know if he had some kind of medical issue?

Other than a couple pictures of him looking big, only playing a couple of games in MLS NextPro, and now finding out he logged some minutes in BC League1, been silence. 

Would an injury (and recovering from said injury) make sense to send him down a level? Think his social media has been quiet as well from a glance at it. 

if it was something straight forward you think we would have gotten some kind of update. 

2 hours ago, Shway said:

Jesus Christ. 

These guys bought him to kill him. 

He looked at least 30 pounds overweight the last time I saw him for WFC2, and that may be generous. There was obvious bloat in his face and neck. Unless there is an underlying medical issue that the Caps have somehow mismanaged, they are not to blame.

He subs on at about 67:40 (game clock) if you want to watch him. The wide shot actually makes him look slimmer. His previous home appearance vs Portland II was much more telling.