Omar Marmoush

VinceA

4 hours ago, TGAA_Star said:

If he is a dual international and can play for Egypt, chances are he will play for Egypt and why? 2 words: Mo Salah

But also Egypt have a pretty bright future in the CAF region

Yes, this might happen. He is still involved in their U23 setup. He has a shot at the Tokyo 2020(2021) Olympics.

If he is named to the squad, Mo Salah could be one of Egypt's 3 overage players.

Assuming the Olympic games go ahead, and he actually is eligible for Canada, there isn't a great deal the CSA should do before roughly March 2021 when we'll know if he makes that Egypt U23 squad for friendlies &/or training camps.

44 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Yes, this might happen. He is still involved in their U23 setup. He has a shot at the Tokyo 2020(2021) Olympics.

If he is named to the squad, Mo Salah could be one of Egypt's 3 overage players.

Assuming the Olympic games go ahead, and he actually is eligible for Canada, there isn't a great deal the CSA should do before roughly March 2021 when we'll know if he makes that Egypt U23 squad for friendlies &/or training camps.

That and well just take a look at Egypt's squad like do you really think he is going to give up on wanting to play with Salah eventually 

23 minutes ago, Shway said:

So you're expecting to see him at the Olympics and the Gold Cup...hmmmm

I'm not sure what that means but just ask Philippe Coutinho how playing for Liverpool or the epl for that matter can help over inflat your ability. And Phonzie is a complete player

Edited by SpursFlu

On 6/23/2020 at 12:50 PM, Obinna said:

What is his connection to Canada?

He has already played 4 times in the Bundesliga, this is definitely long-shot territory but I guess you never know...

I did a pretty thorough search online yesterday but couldn't find even a sliver of a clue about the Canadian connection. I did find out he's the first Egyptian to play in the Bundesliga, if what I read is correct, and that he's already featured for Egypt's U23s.

Correction: he's not the first Egyptian in B1. I read a mis-translated source, apparently.

Edited by nolando

52 minutes ago, nolando said:

I did a pretty thorough search online yesterday but couldn't find even a sliver of a clue about the Canadian connection. I did find out he's the first Egyptian to play in the Bundesliga, if what I read is correct, and that he's already featured for Egypt's U23s.

The only evidence I found was on Transfermarkt and on the Bundesliga website. Transfermarkt has him listed as having Canadian citizenship while the Bundesliga website states his nationality is Canadian. Also I doubt that he'll play for Canada but hey you never know.

Links: 

https://www.bundesliga.com/en/bundesliga/player/omar-marmoush/profile

https://www.transfermarkt.us/omar-marmoush/profil/spieler/445939

Edited by Nate3322

39 minutes ago, Nate3322 said:

The only evidence I found was on Transfermarkt and on the Bundesliga website. Transfermarkt has him listed as having Canadian citizenship while the Bundesliga website states his nationality is Canadian. Also I doubt that he'll play for Canada but hey you never know.

Links: 

https://www.bundesliga.com/en/bundesliga/player/omar-marmoush/profile

https://www.transfermarkt.us/omar-marmoush/profil/spieler/445939

Yes, sorry, I should have clarified I found nothing other than the OP's info. 

19 hours ago, baulderdash77 said:

He’s probably would be a great pickup for our program but I put this in the extreme long shot category.

1st- Egypt probably makes the WC next cycle.

2nd- Playing with Mo Salah

3rd- His connection to Canada is tenuous at best and he’s firmly part of Egypt’s plans.

Egypt has qualified for exactly 1 world cup tournament since 1994.

Their second round group, which they need to win outright, has Aubameyang-led Gabon, plus Angola could surprise.  It won't be an easy task for Egypt.

The final round pits the 10 group winners into 5 two-legged home and away ties. The winners qualify. 

The likely teams would be Nigeria, Ghana, Ivory Coast, Senegal, Mali, Cameroon, Algeria, Morocco and Tunisia. Safe to say, no team in Africa should consider their qualification as "probable". 

Edited by Obinna