Omar Marmoush

VinceA

5 hours ago, Blackjack15 said:

He has a 

He has 7 goals and 2 assists in 2.B bundesliga this year with St Pauli and has debuted in the Bundesliga with Wolfsburg.

How is he not called up to the senior team of Egypt? Who else besides Salah and a couple of Egyptian league forwards do they have?

Egypt would be smart to call him up but will they? If they don't, their loss is our gain

2 hours ago, TGAA_Star said:

Egypt would be smart to call him up but will they? If they don't, their loss is our gain

What is the point of this comment? We all know this it and it doesn't add anything to the discussion.

From what I've seen Egypt was always his first choice so if we do get him it'll be because he wasn't good enough for them, and if he isn't then he won't be good enough for us, especially a couple years down the line.

They have a striker playing for Galatasaray - US$2m loan with US$4m option to buy. Mohamed has scored 7 goals since he moved in February.

Have another playing at Olympiakos on a 2m euro transfer fee. Hassan has scored 13 goals in league & cup play this season.

They have also called up a striker playing for a Libyan club. And of course Salah.

Edited by red card

12 minutes ago, red card said:

They have a striker playing for Galatasaray - US$2m loan with US$4m option to buy. Mohamed has scored 7 goals since he moved in February.

Have another playing at Olympiakos on a 2m euro transfer fee. Hassan has scored 13 goals in league & cup play this season.

They have also called up a striker playing for a Libyan club. And of course Salah.

Yep I believe they only play with one #9 up top so more of the attacking goes through Salah. So realistically Egypt is only going to call up 2-3 strikers. Marmoush isn't better than any of their other options.

If Marmoush opted for us he's not a guaranteed starter and at the moment, assuming he can't break through at Wolfsburg at best he's the #4 striker option and that's assuming Akinola can't figure out his scoring situation at TFC.

Edited by VinceA

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The 22-man Egypt Olympic squad:

http://www.efa.com.eg/NewsDetails?k1=x620+2X/3+b5x79/2jdglA==

https://www.kingfut.com/2021/07/02/egypt-u-23-squad-tokyo-olympics/

Marmoush is not there.

---

The news out of Germany is that he is still injured and did not start pre-season with VfL Wolfsburg today.

http://www.sportbuzzer.de/artikel/system-wie-in-eindhoven-van-bommel-setzt-im-wolfsburg-training-auf-viererkette/amp/

"Am Freitag fehlte Omar Marmoush auf dem Platz, er hat mit muskulären Problemen zu kämpfen und wird erst mal etwas kürzertreten."

Despite the Greuther Fürth interest, since Wolfsburg have Champions League matches this Fall, it seems like they want to hold onto him to allow for more depth and greater player rotation in their own squad.

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

• 1 month later...

Omar has recovered from injury. 

He played about 25 minutes at the end of the match last weekend and was an unused sub today.

We shall see if he continues to get Bundesliga minutes; I assume it's more likely he will play more often once Wolfburg have mid-week Champions League matches.

---

He is not amongst the foreign-based players selected for Egypt's September WCQ matches:

https://www.efa.com.eg/NewsDetails?k1=vrOyUzkk636e5n3lIsCrhw==

Next cap-tie moment would be the October WCQs.

41 minutes ago, VinceA said:

Honestly if he keeps getting ignored I do see him starting a dialogue with Canada.

I wonder if Marmoush and Ferdi have changed their positions on Canada at all recently.  Both still young with lots of potential but Canada is definitely not desperate for either attacker now but the depth would be fantastic for the program.

57 minutes ago, Corazon said:

I wonder if Marmoush and Ferdi have changed their positions on Canada at all recently.  Both still young with lots of potential but Canada is definitely not desperate for either attacker now but the depth would be fantastic for the program.

I hope Herdman is still trying, but you're right, personally I don't really for either anymore.

12 hours ago, Corazon said:

I suspect both will hold out for awhile for their favoured nation and will only consider Canada if (1) we qualify for the World Cup and (2) their favoured nation doesn't quality and/or they are ignored by them up to that point.

That being said, that may be less than 9 months away.

3 hours ago, An Observer said:

I suspect both will hold out for awhile for their favoured nation and will only consider Canada if (1) we qualify for the World Cup and (2) their favoured nation doesn't quality and/or they are ignored by them up to that point.

That being said, that may be less than 9 months away.

Neither of those two players is good enough to walk into the Canada team after it has qualified for Qatar. If they want to be a part of it, they'll have to find their spots during qualifying. The only dual right now who walks in after qualification is Tomori. If Flores makes a major breakthrough and is playing regular Premier League football at this time next year, he could be the second. Those other two? No realistic chance that they get to that level.

2 hours ago, SthMelbRed said:

Neither of those two players is good enough to walk into the Canada team after it has qualified for Qatar. If they want to be a part of it, they'll have to find their spots during qualifying. The only dual right now who walks in after qualification is Tomori. If Flores makes a major breakthrough and is playing regular Premier League football at this time next year, he could be the second. Those other two? No realistic chance that they get to that level.

Yeah. I have said that before as well on here. Just saying what they are likely to do but it doesn’t mean we would take them. Also, what you say is also heavily dependent on how they progress this year

• 2 weeks later...