apbsmith

Gold Cup QFs - June 29th 2019 - Canada vs Haiti

2 minutes ago, king1010 said:

Lol thats your rational?

so then drop hutch back and go back to 4 in the back after we tie. 

We can change formation. We cant put players back on after we’ve subbed them off

And then put Davies back in his wrong position

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, gator said:

He's the CSA's guy and we are stuck with him, I don't care how much talent we have, if you can't manage it we are ######ed!

Heard devos liked herdman, not zambrano. 

Edited by king1010

Posted (edited)

Congratualtions to Haiti, they deserve it%.

Thanks to Hutchinson for his service.

A little more thought from Herdman (he will not be replaced for another cycle) if we are going to make it to Qatar.

Peace, compadres!

Edited by beachesl

So depressing, this was our match and we threw it away. Embarrassing display.

And what kills us even against a terrible team is the awful defensive selections for the squad everyone identified on Day 1. Godinho might be good upfield but he's terrible in his own half.

Posted (edited)

That was absolutely disappointing. I mean when I saw Haiti get back on field for the start of the second half they were not worried they had confidence in getting that win. That was straight trash of a second half by CMNT. Trash.

Edited by Scorpion26

Just now, canta15 said:

And then put Davies back in his wrong position

Nah.

Coudve put MAK there

herdman failed us when we needed proper tactical adjustments. Just absolutely got exposed. 

We started this tournament questioning our fullback selections. This cost us dearly. 

Just now, beachesl said:

to Hiati, they deserve it.

Thanks to Hutchinson for his service.

A little more thought from Herdman (he will not be replaced for another cycle) if we are going to make it to Qatar.

Peace, compadres!

If thats the case, you can kiss Qatar goodbye.  I honestly don’t have faith he’ll even make it to the semi-final Hex group, probably the group stage before that.

- Hutch is done.  Thanks for your service but it's time for him to retire.

- Godinho has been awful throughout this tournament.  He's not ready to be starter 

- Backline is very fragile and need to mature quickly.

- But on the positive, we got firepower up front that's going to get better in the future.  

- Herdman has end of this year to keep his job due to nation league.  He better hope MMT rebounds from this disaster quickly.  

Just now, king1010 said:

Nah.

Coudve put MAK there

herdman failed us when we needed proper tactical adjustments. Just absolutely got exposed. 

We started this tournament questioning our fullback selections. This cost us dearly. 

and put Davies where exactly? As a center attacking mid

Just to point this out:

Herdman didn't cause that idiotic first goal for Haiti.  That's on the players.
Herdman didn't cause the pk.  I'm guessing Godinho didn't even know the 2nd player was there.  That's the only logical explanation I have for that attempted clearance.

Cavalini sub was still a bonehead decision.  That's on him.  Flashbacks of Hainault being brought on by Floro.

Everyone is forgetting Cavallini missed a huge open chance. Of course everyone makes mistakes, but subbing Cavallini off isn’t world breaking. Maybe he would have scored, maybe he would have missed another sitter

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, canta15 said:

Everyone is forgetting Cavallini missed a huge open chance. Of course everyone makes mistakes, but subbing Cavallini off isn’t world breaking. Maybe he would have scored, maybe he would have missed another sitter

It absolutely was. 

U dont sub ur main striker off cuz he missed a chance and bring on a defender. Jesus christ. 

So would everyone else on the field maybe would have scored maybe would have not. 

Edited by king1010