The Importance of Alphonso Davies

jpg75

Bayern right now is a bit of a dumpster fire with players seemingly already turning against Kovac.  Don't think it should be a big problem for Davies, think by the time he gets there either the coach or some of the older guys on their way out will be on the outs.  Hopefully Davies doesn't pick up any bad habits with that dressing room, I doubt it but its always a worry if the leaders in the dressing room aren't fully on board.  

5 hours ago, Vince193 said:

Not worried, yet but certainly following along with what's happening with Bayern Munich right now. Lots of reports that players, staff are unhappy with Kovac and if things get worse come January what kind of environment will Davies be stepping into?

A lot of those same players turned on Carlo Ancelotti last season too. Maybe the coach isn't the problem...

After Davies got that yellow card, did anyone else here think that he might get a second?  Wouldn't that have been the cherry on a sh*t sundae of a season to have Davies suspended for his final farewell game next week?

He's got that "it" factor of making something out of nothing on his own. 

Davies was absolutely dominant Sunday.  You could feel that even the home crowd was excited when he was on the ball.  Next level stuff and really a step up from what I saw of him in Toronto the past couple weeks. 

When teams sit back he’s less dangerous but when defenders are aggressive with him he kills them.

Update:

In the final question of the interview (4:15) when asked by a reporter: “What exactly is  the timeline for you heading there over phonzie? Is it right around the crack of January or can you over there beforehand?

AD: “Right now I’m not too sure what’s going on, but I’m sure I’m gonna go in the next few weeks”

Sounds like he might be missing both MNT Game vs St Kitts and U20’s Tournament all together

The deal is for January 1st but the only reason why it wasn’t a direct transfer was because he had to wait until he turned 18 which he will be by November 2nd. Guess the focus totally shifts to getting settled at his new club from the get go 

Edited by Thomas

13 minutes ago, Blackjack15 said:

Update:

In the final question of the interview (4:15) when asked by a reporter: “What exactly is  the timeline for you heading there over phonzie? Is it right around the crack of January or can you over there beforehand?

AD: “Right now I’m not too sure what’s going on, but I’m sure I’m gonna go in the next few weeks”

Sounds like he might be missing both MNT Game vs St Kitts and U20’s Tournament all together

The deal is for January 1st but the only reason why it wasn’t a direct transfer was because he had to wait until he turned 18 which he will be by November 2nd. Guess the focus totally shifts to getting settled at his new club from the get go 

This is unsurprising. I had said earlier that Bayern really didn't look good and that I could see him going over to Bayern as soon as his MLS season is over.

What does surprise me is the prospect of him skipping the CMNT camp, but it is a reminder that we are dealing with a very big club, who quite frankly need all the help they can get at the moment. 

It's strange to say it, because it's Bayern, but they look like they need help on the wings badly. I have been lurking some Bayern boards and they sound ready to crucify Ribery, while Robben looked like a shadow of his former self from what I saw of the latest highlights. Coman is still out injured. Gnabry is the only one in form seemingly.

Someone with more knowledge can correct me if I am wrong or give there own opinion.

1 hour ago, Blackjack15 said:

Update:

Hit the brakes.  How do you get that out of that quote?  Bayern isn’t going to hold him back from the MNT when he hasn’t even transferred yet... at least I don’t think so.  I’d like to think that even if he was transferred they wouldn’t discourage him from an international date.  As a club with a team of internationals they’re not just going to treat Davies differently.

21 minutes ago, Keegan said:

Hit the brakes.  How do you get that out of that quote?  Bayern isn’t going to hold him back from the MNT when he hasn’t even transferred yet... at least I don’t think so.  I’d like to think that even if he was transferred they wouldn’t discourage him from an international date.  As a club with a team of internationals they’re not just going to treat Davies differently.

I think Bayern care most about Bayern right now. They are under a lot of pressure. Last time I checked they sit 4th in the table, which their fans consider unacceptable.

Go read an Alphonso Davies thread on one of their boards. Some are skeptical whether a stand out from MLS is up to standard, while others sound a little desperate for him to arrive already. 

2 hours ago, Obinna said:

This is unsurprising. I had said earlier that Bayern really didn't look good and that I could see him going over to Bayern as soon as his MLS season is over.

What does surprise me is the prospect of him skipping the CMNT camp, but it is a reminder that we are dealing with a very big club, who quite frankly need all the help they can get at the moment. 

It's strange to say it, because it's Bayern, but they look like they need help on the wings badly. I have been lurking some Bayern boards and they sound ready to crucify Ribery, while Robben looked like a shadow of his former self from what I saw of the latest highlights. Coman is still out injured. Gnabry is the only one in form seemingly.

Someone with more knowledge can correct me if I am wrong or give there own opinion.

If there is turmoil at Bayern and especially at his preferred position, let the in form young man go and battle for his spot. If he misses some time with the CMNT and the U20s and the result is he establishes himself right away with Bayern, I'd call that a massive win.

34 minutes ago, Obinna said:

I think Bayern care most about Bayern right now. They are under a lot of pressure. Last time I checked they sit 4th in the table, which their fans consider unacceptable.

Go read an Alphonso Davies thread on one of their boards. Some are skeptical whether a stand out from MLS is up to standard, while others sound a little desperate for him to arrive already. 

It wouldn’t matter if he goes over when he turns 18 or not because he can’t play until January when the transfer market opens 

19 minutes ago, SkuseisLoose said:

It wouldn’t matter if he goes over when he turns 18 or not because he can’t play until January when the transfer market opens 

Understood, but if you are Bayern, you want him to come in immediately and get settled, one would think.

59 minutes ago, Obinna said:

I am sure Bayern will want to start getting Davies integrated soon, but I am not sure this means he won't be at the November game.  It is an international window, on dates when other guys wil be released for games, and Davies won't even be an official member of the team when he will be over there. 

I suspect we will see him in the next NL game.

11 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

I am sure Bayern will want to start getting Davies integrated soon, but I am not sure this means he won't be at the November game.  It is an international window, on dates when other guys wil be released for games, and Davies won't even be an official member of the team when he will be over there. 

I suspect we will see him in the next NL game.

Yup. I tend to agree. My guess based on what we know is that he goes to Bayern an also NT camp. It's all up in the air now though, not even Davies knows, apparently. 

Wow, this thread has really been jumping to some conclusions. Davies said he is going over in the next few weeks and people think that means he is missing the CMNT game. What it likely actually means is that he will go over at some point between the last Caps game and the start of the CMNT camp. Move his stuff over to Germany, shake some hands, maybe go to training a few times if there is time, then go to the CMNT camp.