The Importance of Alphonso Davies

jpg75

1 hour ago, Macksam said:

https://heavy.com/news/2018/08/james-alex-fields-update/

"His attorney has said that Fields is remorseful over what happened and was a loner, not connected with the groups he was pictured with at the rally. His attorney said he was at the rally only because he wanted to see one particular speaker, Southern Poverty Law Center reported. Charlottesville Police Chief Steven Young said that when Fields was detailed, he asked if people were OK. When he was told someone died, he was shocked and began sobbing, The Chicago Tribune reported."

He was not connected with the groups pictured at the rally.

Also, Heather Heyer died of a heart attack as a result of being knocked down by the people fleeing the scene when the car came. She was never hit by the car. 

The truth is a hard thing to swallow. You have been conditioned from early childhood to university to believe in a certain way of thinking, and when someone like myself comes along and challenges that indoctrination, anger and ridicule is usually the first reaction but as you realize the more validity there is in what I say, your resentment will shift and eventually you'll say to yourself "I've been lied to...."

Yes because defence attorneys are always the best source of accurate information on their clients. I have rarely heard such a level of stupidity from someone who at the same time is calling other people indoctrinated idiots unable to think or do research for themselves.  

3 hours ago, Macksam said:

The truth is a hard thing to swallow. You have been conditioned from early childhood to university to believe in a certain way of thinking, and when someone like myself comes along and challenges that indoctrination, anger and ridicule is usually the first reaction but as you realize the more validity there is in what I say, your resentment will shift and eventually you'll say to yourself "I've been lied to...."

tumblr_inline_mt2w8gkc9k1r4z4wv.jpg?w=38

9 hours ago, Grizzly said:

Yes because defence attorneys are always the best source of accurate information on their clients. I have rarely heard such a level of stupidity from someone who at the same time is calling other people indoctrinated idiots unable to think or do research for themselves.  

That’s alright Grizz, you still my brah despite the nastiness. I never called anybody an idiot by the way. I whole heartedly believe everyone in this thread is sincere about his or her point of view even if I think it’s a little misinformed.

As for more evidence of him not being connected to any of groups, the ones he was pictured with all came out and said the same thing. Take that for what it’s worth.

53 minutes ago, Macksam said:

That’s alright Grizz, you still my brah despite the nastiness. I never called anybody an idiot by the way.

The problem is though that you have (and continue to do so) just not in so many words.

By posting with such a condescending tone, espousing "red pill" knowledge, dropping "truth" and telling us that if we only thought for ourselves and did a little research, we would see that you are right.  How can anyone not think that you are calling those that disagree with you idiots?

13 hours ago, El Hombre said:

The problem is though that you have (and continue to do so) just not in so many words.

By posting with such a condescending tone, espousing "red pill" knowledge, dropping "truth" and telling us that if we only thought for ourselves and did a little research, we would see that you are right.  How can anyone not think that you are calling those that disagree with you idiots?

You have to take the emotion out of it. When you do that, you’ll realize I have never emplied such a thing. I don’t think anybody here is an idiot.

I think playing him at fullback is bad, I understand this game really doesn't mean much but I really hope the plan is not to move Davies further away from goal.  We should be giving him as much attacking freedom as possible, its not like he struggles finishing either, he's really calm in front of goal for a kid that age and will be playing as a wide forward for the rest of his career.  

I think Starting Davies at FB was the best decision Herdman made for yesterday’s game. He was still able to get up into the attack. But more importantly his speed allowed more players to push up the field. The whole team could rely of Davies to get back and defend counter attacks. It allowed Herdman to stack the roster with talented offensive players. And sure, it might have limited Davies a bit, but he still managed to get 2 assists. 

7 minutes ago, BenFisk'sBiggestFan said:

I think Starting Davies at FB was the best decision Herdman made for yesterday’s game. He was still able to get up into the attack. But more importantly his speed allowed more players to push up the field. The whole team could rely of Davies to get back and defend counter attacks. It allowed Herdman to stack the roster with talented offensive players. And sure, it might have limited Davies a bit, but he still managed to get 2 assists. 

For a game like yesterday's I think its fine since he's not really going to have to do much defending and we should expect to be parked in the opponents half, going forward when we aren't playing huge minnows I really don't like it at all.  He's dynamic and our biggest attacking threat, we don't want him using that energy to defend, lots of people can defend at the same level but we don't have other players who can do what he can offensively.  

1 hour ago, villus said:

I think playing him at fullback is bad, I understand this game really doesn't mean much but I really hope the plan is not to move Davies further away from goal.  We should be giving him as much attacking freedom as possible, its not like he struggles finishing either, he's really calm in front of goal for a kid that age and will be playing as a wide forward for the rest of his career.  

I don’t see the issue.. he can finish but he’s not a renowned finisher so why do we need him close to goal?  I think when we’re playing a team we can hit on the counter then for sure but in a match where the other team is going to sit back playing from deep gives him more space to operate.  As you saw yesterday he may have been “LB” but he wasn’t struggling to get in the box.  In a game like that you want him out wide and you want an overloaded box with our top finishers.. that’s what we did.

10 minutes ago, Jahinho Guerro said:

I'm prepared to see that exact formation against Dominica 

Let’s hope!  On a home pitch I think that could be deadly.  The goal should be to surpass this latest result.. even if Dominica is a bit better.

Would be wild to see Hutchinson added as where would he even go?  Millar’s spot at RWB? 

Also isn’t it odd that our biggest results have been away but at home the most damage we’ve done is 4-0?  (In the last 20 years at least).  I hope these young guys can put on a show.

Edited by Keegan