The Importance of Alphonso Davies

jpg75

27 minutes ago, El Hombre said:

I don't think I've ever been more disappointed in something written here than I am now.

With what exactly? The fact I said 100% of the time? I have yet to see the other side engage in violence that wasn't self defence. If you can provide evidence to the contrary, by all means.

5 minutes ago, Macksam said:

With what exactly? The fact I said 100% of the time? I have yet to see the other side engage in violence that wasn't self defence. If you can provide evidence to the contrary, by all means.

How many abortion doctors have been assaulted or murdered in the U.S. in the past 40 years?

4 hours ago, Macksam said:

I consider everyone here my brother, my Voyageurs brothers you all are to me. It's hard (will hopefully change in the near future) finding other people who are as passionate about Canadian soccer as all of us.

@Bertuzzi44@RS@Grizzly@Unnamed Trialist@villus@Keegan@Obinna@Oranje@El Hombre@SpursFlu@Jahinho Guerro

Do you also consider the women on here your brothers?

Despite the sharply divided political views expressed here, I'd say it is a testament to the Voyageurs and the shared passion for Canadian soccer we have that this thread appears to be getting back on track. Almost unheard of in the realm of the internets. 

Hopefully we can have a match vs Honduras soon, so we can remember who the real enemy is :D

We have seen Davies destroy teams so many times. Unless they double or triple team him, I think Davies will get 2+ goals. Of course, if they focus on him, we have other people who can score too. It’s really nice to have an offensive  focal point on the national team finally (or again). I imagine just his reputation will open up space for other players on the pitch.

On 9/6/2018 at 10:46 PM, Macksam said:

He said some illegal Mexicans crossing the borders are rapists. He never called Mexicans rapists.

Trumps exact quote:    "When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people."

He's implying that it's the minority of Mexicans crossing the border that are good people.

On 9/6/2018 at 10:46 PM, Macksam said:

Yes, freedom to protest was never the issue, it was the NFL's inaction on the issue. The First Amendment does not protect you from your employer laying the smack down on you. This is why NFL ratings tanked, the owner's inaction on handling the situation. All they had to do was levy fines to players doing it and it would have stopped immediately. 

Wrong.

NFL ratings were down 9% last year.    But all broadcast networks lost 16% of their viewers.   So it's an overall trend of how people are consuming media, not a sign that the NFL is less popular.

19 hours ago, Obinna said:

As most of you know, Davies so far has 3 goals in 6 caps. I don't think it's outside of the realm of possibility for him to score 4 on sunday. That would put him at 7 in 7...and that would easily be the best start to a canadian national team career we have ever seen. 

Except that Jonathan David is going to score 7 tomorrow, giving him 7 in 1. ;)

19 minutes ago, Shortdutchcanuck said:

Obviously hope to see some Davies magic in this game.  But he's also the guy I'd least like to see injured and I hope if we've banged a respectable amount in he gets subbed out at the half.  Inferior opponents can do some awkward tackling and no need to expose him if things start to get lopsided.

Yeah, and even if it isn't malicious, I have seen a few mistimed or just missed tackles in the part I have watched so far.

22 hours ago, Acid-Tone said:

Trumps exact quote:    "When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people."

He's implying that it's the minority of Mexicans crossing the border that are good people.

Wrong.

NFL ratings were down 9% last year.    But all broadcast networks lost 16% of their viewers.   So it's an overall trend of how people are consuming media, not a sign that the NFL is less popular.

You can't argue that evidence suggests viewership is down because of the protests. This stuff doesn't happen in a vacuum. 

As for the rapists comments, he still did not call Mexicans rapists like the MSM heavily suggests. Implying, and even that can be argued, is not the same thing as saying something. I take it your one of those people that can't research things and form your own opinion.

Wow.

You mean like ramming a car into a crowd of peaceful protesters in Charlottesville, murdering Heather Heyer.   Was that self defense too?

Can anybody do a little research? Is that so hard to ask? That's always been my underlying message to everyone. Do some research and form your own opinion. Think for yourself.

https://heavy.com/news/2018/08/james-alex-fields-update/

"His attorney has said that Fields is remorseful over what happened and was a loner, not connected with the groups he was pictured with at the rally. His attorney said he was at the rally only because he wanted to see one particular speaker, Southern Poverty Law Center reported. Charlottesville Police Chief Steven Young said that when Fields was detailed, he asked if people were OK. When he was told someone died, he was shocked and began sobbing, The Chicago Tribune reported."

He was not connected with the groups pictured at the rally.

Also, Heather Heyer died of a heart attack as a result of being knocked down by the people fleeing the scene when the car came. She was never hit by the car. 

Sorry, I've been offline for couple of days and I just couldn't let some of that garbage slide.

Back to Alphonso now, and I'm sure glad we'll have a game to talk about soon. 

The truth is a hard thing to swallow. You have been conditioned from early childhood to university to believe in a certain way of thinking, and when someone like myself comes along and challenges that indoctrination, anger and ridicule is usually the first reaction but as you realize the more validity there is in what I say, your resentment will shift and eventually you'll say to yourself "I've been lied to...."

Edited by Macksam