Jonathan David

Vince193

Thanks for the link!

Is it just me or is that video not conclusive? Sure you can see some green grass between the ball and the line, but that doesn't mean it is out of bounds. The rule isn't just about the part of the ball that makes contact with the ground being across the line, but the whole ball when looked at with a bird's eye view. That didn't seem any more conclusive than TFC's goal/no goal from last night where they didn't get a conclusive shot of whether it crossed the line, due to the keeper blocking the view.

I still don't like VAR. Nice goal/no goal from David though. Hopefully he takes confidence from it even if it ultimately wasn't allowed to stand.

Origi's just come off injured in the Liverpool game. So a handful of games in to the season, Liverpool already has knocks to Firmino and Origi. With an already thin strikeforce looking even thinner and David being high on their list, does a January move start to look more likely if they're in the title race and need emergency attack reinforcements?

18 hours ago, frmr said:

Origi's just come off injured in the Liverpool game. So a handful of games in to the season, Liverpool already has knocks to Firmino and Origi. With an already thin strikeforce looking even thinner and David being high on their list, does a January move start to look more likely if they're in the title race and need emergency attack reinforcements?

Lille would want 35 million euros at least, I'd say. Not going to happen.

The team is in rough enough shape, and they've sold players to get some money back. The new stadium is filling up nicely, they are getting CL income. I don't think they'd let go of him for anything less than a real windfall.

9 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Lille would want 35 million euros at least, I'd say. Not going to happen.

The team is in rough enough shape, and they've sold players to get some money back. The new stadium is filling up nicely, they are getting CL income. I don't think they'd let go of him for anything less than a real windfall.

That price is pretty much exactly in Liverpool's wheelhouse though. They paid £36M for Konate this summer, they paid £35-40M for Salah, £34M for Mane. All of whom were a bit older than David is now. I'm not saying I think it's going to happen but the price you're listing is exactly in their range of what they look to pay, so I don't see why that would be a reason it wouldn't happen. The only players who they've splashed the cash for outside of that price range is Van Dijk and Allison.

I think it's unlikely and I think Liverpool are trying to get through the season with what they have, but if they have another nightmare season with injuries like they did last year when their defense was decimated, only with their forwards, it might put them in a position where they didn't have a choice. Malen was another of their attacking targets this past summer and he's gone to Dortmund, so he's off the table. Jeremy Doku was another but he's only 19 and doesn't really score. Firmino is coming back soon though and Origi only had cramping so definitely no need to ring the alarm bells yet, but if they did get unlucky with what is a dangerously thin line of attack, David would definitely be near the top of the list, if not at the very top at this point.

2 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

I didn’t get the chance to use this the other day but will check out the site.  Thanks 

That was just a working stream for that particular game because I was having trouble as well. Not something I would use as a go to.

11 hours ago, frmr said:

That price is pretty much exactly in Liverpool's wheelhouse though. They paid £36M for Konate this summer, they paid £35-40M for Salah, £34M for Mane. All of whom were a bit older than David is now. I'm not saying I think it's going to happen but the price you're listing is exactly in their range of what they look to pay, so I don't see why that would be a reason it wouldn't happen. The only players who they've splashed the cash for outside of that price range is Van Dijk and Allison.

I think it's unlikely and I think Liverpool are trying to get through the season with what they have, but if they have another nightmare season with injuries like they did last year when their defense was decimated, only with their forwards, it might put them in a position where they didn't have a choice. Malen was another of their attacking targets this past summer and he's gone to Dortmund, so he's off the table. Jeremy Doku was another but he's only 19 and doesn't really score. Firmino is coming back soon though and Origi only had cramping so definitely no need to ring the alarm bells yet, but if they did get unlucky with what is a dangerously thin line of attack, David would definitely be near the top of the list, if not at the very top at this point.

That was just a working stream for that particular game because I was having trouble as well. Not something I would use as a go to.

If Lille are out of contention in the league and out of the Champions League in December, both of which are pretty much certainties, their well-documented financial issues might see them looking to cash in one or more of David, Botman, and Sanches. Liverpool will always look at whether the player is right before making a move, no matter what the price. So, if David is really on their radar, and I hope he is, then that might be the perfect convergence of player, price, and circumstance to see them pounce.

Also, on one of your above points, Naby Keita cost north of 50m, as well.

6 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Was a pitch invasion causing the delay

4 minutes ago, OhCanadaOhBaby said:

No, just looked into it. Lens supporters invaded the pitch in response to projectiles being thrown from the Lille supporters. A crisis team has been implemented as they attempt to re-start the match but we will see. 

Thanks. I had just turned it on, and my phone said halftime.  My mistake.  That does explains all the police.