Jonathan David

Vince193

17 minutes ago, CanadianSoccerFan said:

On that last replay from the endline camera it certainly looks like he fouls the defender and gets away with it

Lol, I was about to mention that. Yeah, I think he got away with one...but the the battling nature of it and I think he does graze the ball before touching the defender, and the fact the defender didn't complain makes it all legit. 

Edited by Macksam

2 minutes ago, CanadianSoccerFan said:

On that last replay from the endline camera it certainly looks like he fouls the defender and gets away with it

All the other replays show that he won the ball cleanly.

EDIT: Sorry, forgot the " "

I have to say, I still think having the "human log" just goal side of the wall strikes me as stupid. 

And who gets that job?  The clubs most prized possesion?  Doubt it. Who want's a daisy cutter smashed into the back of the head?  Good job.  Maybe stopped a goal.  OK, off for concusion protocals, son.

Edited by Cheeta

24 minutes ago, Kadenge said:

David working his butt off. Hope he has enough left in the tank for Thursday 😕

Yeah, I was crossing my fingers hoping David didn't get hurt, and was thinking.  I hope he's on a private jet with a massage table for the flight over.  His work rate is always so high.  

So it looks like David was deployed a bit deeper today... dropping back a lot helping defensively to break up plays and starting counters. His play making ability and passing was on full display. It was a little bit more like the way he was deployed at Gent where he was behind 2 strikers and I think this role  is where he can excel best utilizing his skillset. I always knew he had an engine but cant believe he lasted as long as he did before the sub. Great all around performance and looking forward to seeing him  on Thursday

Someone on the Lille forum said something quite eloquent about David, they said he's starting to get going now, he's a diesel player. That seems to be pretty fitting in his time at Lille, seems to take a little bit to get going, but once he's rolling, he's unstoppable. Hopefully this goal really is him starting to get rolling, unlike last season where he seemed to be a diesel engine trying to get started in January in Saskatchewan.

• 2 weeks later...