Jonathan David

Vince193

1 minute ago, OhCanadaOhBaby said:

So frustrating. 

Ikone breaks for Lille 3 on 2 with David WIDE open on his right. He waits a step too long then has to slice a pass across too far for David and he slips in desperation just adding insult to injury. 

Lol come on. You can’t blame ikone for David falling on his ass there. The pass was perfectly fine - that’s on David.

Just now, OhCanadaOhBaby said:

And there goes the lead

No one marking the back post but a nice header to be fair

Last game they gave up a goal to an unmarked header as well.  May have been the same defender too.  For a team the lives by their defence last year, this is shaping up to be very different.  

Just now, Floortom said:

Lol come on. You can’t blame ikone for David falling on his ass there. The pass was perfectly fine - that’s on David.

He fell extending to reach the pass that had been hit too far out infront of him. In my opinion the pass could’ve been better, he slipped because he slipped but if the pass was sooner or at him that isn’t an issue.

It is tough because they have a lot of players that have brilliant moments, like Yilmaz tonight but his passing was off most of the time and that is similar for a lot of their play.  They still don't play like a team a lot.   

But David has to grab the chances that come, which is what he was known for at points.  Not sure why this year, there were a bunch of legitimate reasons for it after the move but not this season.

On 8/20/2021 at 6:47 AM, baulderdash77 said:

In truth Lille would be a much better team if they had Eustaquio in CM.  They really need a guy like him in the middle making sure that the ball moves.

A lot of teams would be much better with Eustaquio in CM.  A lot of these teams are willing to pay 15, 20, 30 or 50+M to improve the position.  Problem is Eustaquio can be had for 5 or 6M so they pass on him.  

David was obviously looking tired for some time before he slipped on that chance on the pass from Ikone, that is down to the coach for not subbing him out earlier. Lille don’t get the lead in this game without all the good work done by David on the play, I disagree that he has nothing to show for his good play unless people  only care about statistics

Lilles had the lowest goals against record by far last year.  They won with their defense, not their offense.  It's not a sexy way to win, but it obviously works as they proved last year.  I'm getting kind of tired of the comments that Lille were lucky to win last year and didn't deserve it.  There is no luck in allowing the fewest goals in the league.

I wondered when Gaultier left Lilles whether team defense was going to take a hit.  So far it looks like it, but I'm not smart enough to figure out if it's really the new coach's fault.  Maybe it will become more clear with time.

Relaxxx...Don't fly off the handle, there is no chance...it is literally just an instagram like... not even a post, BUT A LIKE...

Although.. hehehe, hear me out.

Harry Kane is gone one way or another, damaged relationship with the club, probably some teammates as well, he doesn't want to be there, there is bound to be a move soon. That leaves Spurs with an inevitable hole up front and without a real quality point man to replace Kane.

In this case, David actually WOULD be a logical replacement for all parties involved. For Spurs, they now fill that hole and bring in a strong, smart, versatile player to satisfy their goal scoring needs. Given recent form, albeit not terrible at all but the nightmares from last season creeping in ever so slightly could mean Spurs get him for a slightly better value than they would have say at the end of last season. For Lille, they get some needed cash because they're broke lol. Most importantly for David, he reaches the EPL like he has always said his goal was, (and NOT for Liverpool) Further, now he is receiving passes from quality players like Son, Dele, Lucas instead of making his smart runs in behind only for Burak to smash it over or for Bamba or Ikone to lose the ball without even getting the pass off that was probably never coming.(Maybe slightly critical but I can't Stand watching Lille play especially in the state they are in now). 

Too bad this is all for nothing cause I doubt this would actually be in the works, it just works out soooooo nicely it almost seems wrong not to happen. One can only dream

On 8/23/2021 at 10:03 PM, Joe MacCarthy said:

Spurs dodged a £27m bullet in Lille flop Jonathan David
Lewis Blain footballfancast.com January 14 2021

AtGhfKl.png

Hahaha, the timing of that article is PERFECT. He had 2 goals in 19 appearances to that point. Then he scored in each of his next 2 games, and had 5 goals in 5 games. In total he had 11 goals (in 18 games) the rest of the way to helping Lille clinch the league title, something Spurs haven't done since 1961 just 6 years after that Dean Martin picture was taken :D.

Apologies to any Spurs fans in here.