General Discussion on CMNT

Scorpion26

1 hour ago, VinceA said:

I love how after we lost to them, Jamaica are completely throwing the semi against the USA. They don't even have all their big guns and Bailey is out complaining again about how unprofessional the JFF is.

i wouldnt say they are throwing it. Antonio, bell and pinnock are injured. 

Bailey and stewart are suspended for breaching protocol. Nicholson and gray are suspended. 

I mean, you could say the FA could ignore the bailey suspension but other than that, its pretty much the best roster available after the injuries. 

Edit: They called up the exact same squad minus my explanations above, dropping out some really low level guys (USL, League 1 etc) and Brown... not sure why he was dropped? 

Edited by Bigandy

1 hour ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

And over half a week without actual football (unless we count the San Marino - St Kitts friendly yesterday)  

Watching Georgia vs Luxembourg.

Looking forward to cheering on Greece vs Kazakhstan

1 hour ago, VinceA said:

I love how after we lost to them, Jamaica are completely throwing the semi against the USA. They don't even have all their big guns and Bailey is out complaining again about how unprofessional the JFF is.

That's what has held them back in recent years, at least since they have been able to draw on the talent pool they have now. 

I'm okay with it in this case, of course. 

1 hour ago, VinceA said:

Luckily all our players are very pleased with our national association.

8 minutes ago, Kent said:

Luckily all our players are very pleased with our national association.

They arrested 7 people at the Spanish federation yesterday, and only missed former president Rubiales because he was in Punta Cana on holiday.

I'm heartened you can win big trophies and make fans happy even without an efficient, honest federation, it is something to aspire to: Canada success regardless of the CSA.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

9 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

They arrested 7 people at the Spanish federation yesterday, and only missed former president Rubiales because he was in Punta Cana on holiday.

I'm heartened you can win big trophies and make fans happy even without an efficient, honest federation, it is something to aspire to: Canada success regardless of the CSA.

Countries like Argentina, Brazil, Columbia, Italy have all had problems with there Soccer fedrations 

14 hours ago, DeRo_Is_King said:

What a bizarre hockey assist for Pulisic. He just tripped on himself before Reyna scooped it up and thread a pass through to Wright. 

Edit: For context.

What a mess that game was. Also, it’s depressing that the broadcast in that clip has the money lines directly on screen. Every sports gambling exec in America should be at The Hague. 

7 minutes ago, MtlMario said:

What I'd like to know is which parent would not pay $6 more a YEAR for their child to play soccer (or any sport for that matter). I do not understand what the big deal is.

I dont think its the $6 extra . I think people are just concerned on where the extra  money goes  and if goes to the right spots . transparancy 

Edited by gigi riva

3 minutes ago, gigi riva said:

I dont think its the $6 extra . I think people are just concerned on where the extra the extra money goes  and if goes to the right spots . transparancy 

Has any parent ever had an issue where the original fee goes? 

For decades, no one has cared about the CSA fee's. Now that theres so much misinformation being swung around, theres some anger on transparency etc. 

Tbh, I dont even think parents care about transparency. If you have a 7 year old, do you really have the time or effort to fight for transparency on $6.00. Who cares? Who has the time. 

IMO its a red herring to further destabilize the older CSA board. 

Edited by Bigandy

Just now, Bigandy said:

For decades, no one has cared about the CSA fee's. Now that theres so much misinformation being swung around, theres some anger on transparency etc. 

Tbh, I dont even think parents care about transparency. If you have a 7 year old, do you really have the time or effort to fight for transparency on $6.00. Who cares? Who has the time. 

SOME people just want to complain as you know

58 minutes ago, Bigandy said:

IMO its a red herring to further destabilize the older CSA board. 

Exactly. I've got 2 kids in house league soccer. Registration was $275 for each kid. It's not like I had a hard cap at $280 and I would have said no to soccer if it cost $281. And I also don't have a breakdown for where the $275 I paid goes. I know they get a uniform, but don't know how much it costs. I know they get a ball, but don't know how much it costs. I know the coaches aren't getting paid. I know there are no travel costs. I don't know how much the refs get paid. I don't know if admins are getting paid or how much. I don't even know if they have to rent the fields. I have no idea if I am being charged a fair amount or if they are taking advantage of parents like me. The $6 would not be a hardship for likely anyone who is able to pay the initial fee in the first place and it is no more opaque than the existing fees.