Canadian Dual Nationals 2.0 Edition, Chase for the 5 stars

Dominic94

3 hours ago, Stryker911 said:

Surprised to see Ordunze on the US pan-am roster. Most of the team has MLS experience.

Holy shit... I didn't know that one tournament had so much weight on the line is beyond stupid. 

2023 U20 World Cup, 2023 U-22 Pan-Am Games, and 2024 U-23 Olympics.

Ridiculous.

2 hours ago, Shway said:

Holy shit... I didn't know that one tournament had so much weight on the line is beyond stupid. 

2023 U20 World Cup, 2023 U-22 Pan-Am Games, and 2024 U-23 Olympics.

Ridiculous.

Are we competing? I know we didn't last time for mens and next year will be the first time the womens don't take part due to "scheduling issues" next summer. 

3 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Are we competing? I know we didn't last time for mens and next year will be the first time the womens don't take part due to "scheduling issues" next summer. 

No Mexico, DR, USA, and Honduras are. The same trend that qualified for the U20 this year.

3 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Is it opt in, invite or do you have to qualify? I did try to look it up, honest. 

Concacaf had u20 qualifiers back in 22, and the teams that qualified for the semi finals automatically qualified for the U20 WC earlier this year, and the Olympics in 24.

https://www.concacaf.com/under-20s-men/article/concacaf-men-s-under-20-championship-to-qualify-teams-to-2023-fifa-u-20-men-s-world-cup-and-2024-summer-olympic-games/

What they failed to mention was it would also qualify teams for the Pan Am Gamea in Chile coming up.

1 Competition performance, qualified you to 3 separate tournaments.

image.png.162e6537c8fcce8f43115b2d68a8e360.png

I don't consider this a loss either although him attending Canada camps had me thinking we might steal a talent right under USA's nose.  At the end of the day, he played the game the way it's supposed to be.  He hasn't rushed to make any commitment or a decision too young.  He explored camps from USA, Canada & Italy on all different levels.  Now he is likely at the point where he can choose between almost every international program available to him.

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Atlantic said:

Muhammed Ayes (2006) was on the bench today for Kasimpasa in their cup match. He’s also been on the bench for them in the Super Lig. Born in Dubai and eligible through a Canadian parent 

Damn he would be an interesting call for our U20s. Shame we didn't approach him for the U17s

With the next step of capping LDF official, I've been thinking of our dual list. We havnt really added anyone since ZMG and morris. 

Updated dual list: (Theres lots of young canadians that are technically duals but arent listed because they arent far enough in their development for other nations to even care). Am i missing anyone? 

My probabilities of capping them as well
1. koleosho 10%
2. Jebbison 90%
3. Sigur 30%
4. Goodman 25%
5. sali 70%
6. farsi 50%
7. Abzi 50% 

3 minutes ago, Bigandy said:

With the next step of capping LDF official, I've been thinking of our dual list. We havnt really added anyone since ZMG and morris. 

Updated dual list: (Theres lots of young canadians that are technically duals but arent listed because they arent far enough in their development for other nations to even care). Am i missing anyone? 

My probabilities of capping them as well
1. koleosho 10%
2. Jebbison 90%
3. Sigur 30%
4. Goodman 25%
5. sali 70%
6. farsi 50%
7. Abzi 50% 

Or, according to my wife’s understanding of statistics:

1. koleosho 50%
2. Jebbison 50%
3. Sigur 50%