Canadian Dual Nationals 2.0 Edition, Chase for the 5 stars

Dominic94

10 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

Makes more sense stay with Italy for show casing and youth opportunities.

in time commercially the US at the senior level will make more sense.

Given their lack of wing depth, surely he could fit right in the team right away? They did a really great job at hyping Balogun when he switched, so I’d assume Koleosho would get an immediate bump too. 

Given where Italy is at currently though, is playing for the US really that much less exposure? He does have all those UEFA tournaments as well, but whether it’s #10 ranked Italy or #14 ranked USA, I don’t know if Italy has anything more going for them other than the history. I may be wrong. 

1 hour ago, InglewoodJack said:

Pulisic and Weah both out for the US, and still no Koleosho call up for them. I guess he’s really gonna commit to Italy, huh. 

When I saw the roster and saw Pulisic and Weah were out I didn't even think of Koleosho, and I was intentionally asking myself who was going to play winger for them in that selection.

11 minutes ago, Obinna said:

When I saw the roster and saw Pulisic and Weah were out I didn't even think of Koleosho, and I was intentionally asking myself who was going to play winger for them in that selection.

Yeah, the states are stacked (relatively). We may not have a bad shot at Koleosho if we play our cards right. 

18 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Yeah, the states are stacked (relatively). We may not have a bad shot at Koleosho if we play our cards right. 

My theory continues to be that Koleosho will push Italy as far as he can.

If he cracks the senior team that's it.

If he grows impatient with Italy, then we can offer him a starting spot, which he won't get with the USA, they are far too deep already and are getting deeper all the time.

10 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

At least they cited their source.  

True, the typical CANMNT tweet would've been: "hearing from sources that Sali could be the next CANMNT star! Here's a 10 minute video where I list off every top team in europe and rank them by who is most likely to sign Sali at 21"

2 hours ago, InglewoodJack said:

Remember what I said about how much Canadian soccer news is just cribbing what’s posted here:

https://x.com/wpgguerito/status/1722688606949490975?s=46&t=spIaqlQfufAO3HreB1455Q

1 hour ago, dyslexic nam said:

At least they cited their source.  

Hey now... I'm just trying to rep this great community haha.. I think there's a good chunk of the CanMNT twitter fandom that doesn't even realize this place exists. 

And yes, I always cite 😅

7 minutes ago, Güerito said:

Hey now... I'm just trying to rep this great community haha.. I think there's a good chunk of the CanMNT twitter fandom that doesn't even realize this place exists. 

And yes, I always cite 😅

I kid- I always think of message boards as obscure places no one knows about and twitter as this separate thing, so to see cross posting is always funny to me, but it makes sense, because realistically, who else is posting about Enes Sali on a Thursday afternoon?