Liam Millar

Northvansteve

5 minutes ago, sandman said:

Great game by Liam. If it wasn't for the lucky emergence of some wonderkids he would be appreciated a bit more by the average CMNT fan. In a year or two he looks set for a big move to a top 4 league; if you look at Basel's history with their younger attackers. 

If he can improve his finishing the sky's the limit. He's had a number of good chances already this season for Basel that he hasn't put away. 

1 hour ago, VinceA said:

If he can improve his finishing the sky's the limit. He's had a number of good chances already this season for Basel that he hasn't put away. 

I agree with this. He's got pretty much everything a wide attacker needs except sometimes he just needs to be more clinical. He's still young though and finishing is definitely something that can be improved on. I could see him in the Bundesliga in 2-3 years if he continues to improve. He's taken a big step forward the past year and a bit.

3 hours ago, VinceA said:

How's his finishing compared, say, to Tajon's?

Comparable league and, to be frank, the numbers speak fairly clearly.

Don't know why we are so demanding about some players and others get off scot-free.

I think his decision making and IQ go unnoticed or underrated at times. You can see it here in the highlight package. The decision on the first touch to go into certain spaces, or the decision to hold the ball instead of force a cross, etc.

That kind of intelligence and composure is a part of his game we don't often talk about.

Usually we talk about his 1 vs 1 ability, or his lack of national team production relative to his club production, but I just felt compelled on this occasion to highlight that part of his game. Call it his "polish" I suppose. Often when I watch him I think to myself "yep, makes sense he was developed at Liverpool". It's not just me who sees this, right?

5 minutes ago, Obinna said:

I think his decision making and IQ go unnoticed or underrated at times. You can see it here in the highlight package. The decision on the first touch to go into certain spaces, or the decision to hold the ball instead of force a cross, etc.

That kind of intelligence and composure is a part of his game we don't often talk about.

Usually we talk about his 1 vs 1 ability, or his lack of national team production relative to his club production, but I just felt compelled on this occasion to highlight that part of his game. Call it his "polish" I suppose. Often when I watch him I think to myself "yep, makes sense he was developed at Liverpool". It's not just me who sees this, right?

I totally get what you mean. One play that stuck out with this was his cross that lead to the second goal. He picked up the loose ball off of a corner kick on the edge of the box and when he first got it I thought he was going to shoot but he realized it probably would have been blocked… so he dribbled out wide and cut back and put in a cross that ended up working out.