Dario Zanatta

On 5/31/2019 at 6:54 PM, Reign said:

Yes because Jonathan David would be so much better off playing in the MLS...

My point is, if David was playing in MLS, getting minutes and scoring goals, there would be no need to rush him off to the Belgian first division. Is it a better league for his development? I don't know? Who knows. But there wouldn't be much of need for him to jump ship. 

• 2 months later...

Not surprised at all.  Hearts bring in a large number of new players every season and they wouldn't be doing that unless they thought the youngsters could make the step up (a small number have).  Dario was always on the fringe, in the same way as Marcus Godinho before he left.  Partick Thistle is a decent sized club but he'll have to fight to get a start there as well.  The fact that he got a two-year deal is telling as those are rare in Scottish football outside of the big 4-5 clubs.  

35 minutes ago, VinceA said:

I swear the Scottish Championship is Canadian player purgatory. So many guys have gone there and ended up stuck there for ages. Aird, Trafford currently there. Paton escaped as did Gasparotto.

Did you ever consider maybe thats their level?  I don't think Paton escaped, he worked hard to get where he is. Trafford looks comfortable at his team. For Zanatta it seemed everytime he got close to the first team they signed someone new, being at a club on a two year deal will be helpful. Gasparotto perhaps got lucky to get out seeing the coaches he got stuck with, but did he really escape when he is playing for a team under similar circumstances (5W-8L-6T)

1 hour ago, jordan said:

Did you ever consider maybe thats their level?  I don't think Paton escaped, he worked hard to get where he is. Trafford looks comfortable at his team. For Zanatta it seemed everytime he got close to the first team they signed someone new, being at a club on a two year deal will be helpful. Gasparotto perhaps got lucky to get out seeing the coaches he got stuck with, but did he really escape when he is playing for a team under similar circumstances (5W-8L-6T)

You're right. But the homer in me would rather them in CPL then the Scottish 2nd division if it doesn't seem like they'll be making the step up.

My wife has family that are Partick Thistle supporters. When I pointed out on What's App yesterday that they had a new Canadian signing the biggest Thistle supporter said he was the "star man" for them on Saturday. Just one opinion from the smallest of sample sizes, but that did look like a nice play from him (he was the one that ultimately assisted on the goal right?)

• 8 months later...

Another update: It looks like to save their asses Hearts has proposed a change to the league format which would see the SPL expanded to 14 teams and as a result they don't get relegated. This would also mean that Partick Thistle doesn't get relegated either from the Championship. 

Would also mean Inverness gets promoted to the SPL with Charlie Trafford in tow.

4 hours ago, VinceA said:

Another update: It looks like to save their asses Hearts has proposed a change to the league format which would see the SPL expanded to 14 teams and as a result they don't get relegated. This would also mean that Partick Thistle doesn't get relegated either from the Championship. 

Would also mean Inverness gets promoted to the SPL with Charlie Trafford in tow.

Don't think the proposal will go through; don't think there's enough votes in the SPFL to carry it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...