Dario Zanatta

Very interesting how well he is doing; perhaps a late bloomer-the Scottish game takes time to get used to.  Still a lot of work to do as there are 5 sides in the Championship that could get promoted and still think Kilmarnock are the best resourced and also with the best manager.  But he’s found himself a nice niche and best of luck to him.

21 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Very interesting how well he is doing; perhaps a late bloomer-the Scottish game takes time to get used to.  Still a lot of work to do as there are 5 sides in the Championship that could get promoted and still think Kilmarnock are the best resourced and also with the best manager.  But he’s found himself a nice niche and best of luck to him.

Won't happen, but I would love to see him back in the Caps fold.  BC guy on a BC team.  

Dario Zanatta and Jordan Hamilton are two guys that I have always held a lot of blind optimism for, mostly because they were our "top attacking prospects" slightly before the onslaught of talent appeared in the CanMNT picture. Sure, neither ended up "tearing up" the SPFL or the MLS, but I'm glad Dario has at least found a decent level where he can thrive.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I know we're all mighty now that we've made the World Cup but he's made a decent career of it. I'm sure it's not an amazing living so I think his dedication is impressive.  Not sure where his next move is though - there are only 7 or 8 teams in the Championship he can rely on for contracts and he's been with four of them!

1 hour ago, The Real Marc said:

I know we're all mighty now that we've made the World Cup but he's made a decent career of it. I'm sure it's not an amazing living so I think his dedication is impressive.  Not sure where his next move is though - there are only 7 or 8 teams in the Championship he can rely on for contracts and he's been with four of them!

Not at all what I was implying. I’m just surprised he hasn’t tried another avenue. Back home on the island or elsewhere. 40 goals and counting in Scotland 

4 hours ago, Onelessstar said:

More like... desperate to avoid rotting in the Whitecaps system without getting an opportunity. He's done better than most, so... respect to him.

Zanatta would be the first (but certainly not the last) of the Greg Andersson contract blunders.  They never really said what it was, but did admit that there was language in their academy contract that allowed Zanatta to walk away for nothing and they had to go back and fix it.

And to be a bit fair to the Whitecaps, he initially went to Hearts in the SPL and got a bit of playing time before being loaned out.  So he wasn't so much "avoiding rotting in the Whitecaps system" as he was being given a genuine opportunity at a decent club in a good league.