Dario Zanatta

1 hour ago, jordan said:

Dario’s manager at Alloa is linked to the Dundee United job, so if he doesn’t get a chance at Hearts next year it’s possible he heads there for another loan

Minor (yet major) correction: the Alloa manager is rumoured to be going to Dundee, not Dundee United.  Dundee United already have Robbie Neilson and he’s not going anywhere.  But Dundee will probably have one of the largest budgets in the Scottish Championship.

17 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Minor (yet major) correction: the Alloa manager is rumoured to be going to Dundee, not Dundee United.  Dundee United already have Robbie Neilson and he’s not going anywhere.  But Dundee will probably have one of the largest budgets in the Scottish Championship.

Thanks, corrected

would not be surprised if Dario does not end up in Dundee if Hearts do not keep him with the first team, Dundee United has Robbie N as manager who signed him at Hearts and Dundee Fc have Jim G who was at Alloa with him

6 hours ago, JamboAl said:

He’s still quite young and sees a future playing at a higher level.  It’s also likely that money talks; he’s probably being paid 3-4 times what he would make in the CPL.

Huh, I really didn’t think the Scottish Championship paíd that much. That surprises me. I’d understand him choosing to stay if that’s the case, but I’d still rather see him back home. He’s been with Hearts since 2015

Yeah I don’t think he would be making 3-4x the money in the championship. More yes but not that much more. However he is still young just had a great season, and hearts signed him to an extension during his loan spell. They obviously still like what they have in him. Also the Scottish championship is better for his development and has more eyes then the CPL. I do think he gets time in the Prem next year anyways. So no don’t want to see him in the cpl. 

1 hour ago, LeoH037 said:

Rather see him be where he is going to be paid more at the moment. Coming to CPL just for the sake of being in CPL is not a smart career decision...

I really don’t think we’re selfish enough as fans sometimes. I can certainly understand a player moving to a much higher level to improve their careers or move on to the next level. That helps the national team. Otherwise I would rather see them playing at home. A player like Zanatta would have more influence on the game in Canada by playing in the CPL than he’ll have by playing in D2 Scotland for another season. Surely that’s important too

17 minutes ago, Aird25 said:

I really don’t think we’re selfish enough as fans sometimes. I can certainly understand a player moving to a much higher level to improve their careers or move on to the next level. That helps the national team. Otherwise I would rather see them playing at home. A player like Zanatta would have more influence on the game in Canada by playing in the CPL than he’ll have by playing in D2 Scotland for another season. Surely that’s important too

Playing D2 Scotland for another season as a stepping stone to the Premiership  in Scotland is the route to take. Not come to the CPL for the rest of your career and cut off any chance of progression in Europe. He can always come back to CPL after he has exhausted all options in Scotland. 

He can have influence on the game playing at home in 3 years if nothing works out for him in Scotland, or in 3 years he could be in the Scottish Premiership or English Championship. Staying in Scotland next year keeps all options open. Coming to the CPL closes the door on 2 of those 3 options. 

Edited by king1010

50 minutes ago, king1010 said:

Playing D2 Scotland for another season as a stepping stone to the Premiership  in Scotland is the route to take. Not come to the CPL for the rest of your career and cut off any chance of progression in Europe. He can always come back to CPL after he has exhausted all options in Scotland. 

He can have influence on the game playing at home in 3 years if nothing works out for him in Scotland, or in 3 years he could be in the Scottish Premiership or English Championship. Staying in Scotland next year keeps all options open. Coming to the CPL closes the door on 2 of those 3 options. 

I’ve never understood the attitude that playing in North America ruins your shot at playing in Europe. That’s the exact pathway that we’re trying to develop. 

1 hour ago, Aird25 said:

I’ve never understood the attitude that playing in North America ruins your shot at playing in Europe. That’s the exact pathway that we’re trying to develop. 

If you think a brand new league in Canada is going to be getting the same attention from European scouts as the very established Scottish league then you are delusional man. 

Honestly if we can move our young players from cpl clubs to the top 2 tiers of Scottish football we should be happy to begin with. 

6 hours ago, Aird25 said:

Huh, I really didn’t think the Scottish Championship paíd that much. That surprises me. I’d understand him choosing to stay if that’s the case, but I’d still rather see him back home. He’s been with Hearts since 2015

He’s on loan from Hearts so they are paying the bulk of his wages.  Unless he gets released or is at the end of his contract, he will still be on Top 4 SPFL Premier League wages.  If he went on a permanent move to Dundee or Dundee United, then he’ll probably be making double the CPL salary.  For example, $75,000 vs $35,000 per year and playing for 10 months.

7 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

He’s on loan from Hearts so they are paying the bulk of his wages.  Unless he gets released or is at the end of his contract, he will still be on Top 4 SPFL Premier League wages.  If he went on a permanent move to Dundee or Dundee United, then he’ll probably be making double the CPL salary.  For example, $75,000 vs $35,000 per year and playing for 10 months.

I think he would be closer to $75k than $35k playing in CPL and he would save a lot being close to home at Pacific.  

9 hours ago, Reign said:

If you think a brand new league in Canada is going to be getting the same attention from European scouts as the very established Scottish league then you are delusional man. 

Honestly if we can move our young players from cpl clubs to the top 2 tiers of Scottish football we should be happy to begin with. 

Fuck off. You can't completely misinterpret a post and then call it delusional. That's not a comparison I made.

My point was simply that a player returning to North America is not stuck playing in North America for the rest of their careers. That mentality needs to die. Players move back and forth all the time. Just look at Straith or Edgar or Fredy Montero

50 minutes ago, Aird25 said:

**** off. You can't completely misinterpret a post and then call it delusional. That's not a comparison I made.

My point was simply that a player returning to North America is not stuck playing in North America for the rest of their careers. That mentality needs to die. Players move back and forth all the time. Just look at Straith or Edgar or Fredy Montero

I’m not saying that him coming to play in the cpl ends his chance at Europe. It does however stunt his growth towards better league, teams, etc in Europe. If we are looking at his as a potential future NT player we should not want him to come back to play in the CPL. When he is doing great in Europe.

He just had his best season to date in Scotland, his career seems to be going on an upward trajectory and he is still under contract with a big club there. I don’t see why he would come back even if he still plays in the Championship next year. 

In one or two year if his career stalls the CPL will still be there for him.

15 hours ago, Reign said:

I’m not saying that him coming to play in the cpl ends his chance at Europe.

Yet my post that you chose to challenge was refuting that exact claim.

It does however stunt his growth towards better league, teams, etc in Europe.

According to you.

If we are looking at his as a potential future NT player we should not want him to come back to play in the CPL.

I wouldn't be shocked if Borges was closer to a look than Zanatta currently is, despite Zanatta being a far more established player. CPL players will get a chance.

When he is doing great in Europe.

Europe is not a singular, pre-eminent league. Let's compare leagues to leagues, not continents to continents. 

1 hour ago, Aird25 said:

Yet my post that you chose to challenge was refuting that exact claim.

According to you.

I wouldn't be shocked if Borges was closer to a look than Zanatta currently is, despite Zanatta being a far more established player. CPL players will get a chance.

Europe is not a singular, pre-eminent league. Let's compare leagues to leagues, not continents to continents. 

Yes I hate this "Go play in Europe" BS I always here. It's happened a lot with Whitecaps prospects about going "overseas". Unless it's one of the top 5 leagues in Europe, stay in MLS. Moving from MLS to the Noway first division doesn't excite me and I'm not convinced there is more "visibility" of those leagues. 

33 minutes ago, Yoginess said:

Yes I hate this "Go play in Europe" BS I always here. It's happened a lot with Whitecaps prospects about going "overseas". Unless it's one of the top 5 leagues in Europe, stay in MLS. Moving from MLS to the Noway first division doesn't excite me and I'm not convinced there is more "visibility" of those leagues. 

I agree on the MLS vs Norway Tippeligaen with respect to exposure.  But the discussion is between the CPL and a second tier European league.  At the point, there is no comparison-  that’s because the CPL is barely 5 games into season #1. The Luxembourg top tier might get more attention than the CPL from scouts right now.

1 hour ago, Yoginess said:

Yes because Jonathan David would be so much better off playing in the MLS...

2 hours ago, Yoginess said:

Yes because Jonathan David would be so much better off playing in the MLS...

Edit - Also MLS is irrelevant in this conversation. We are talking about him coming to play in the CPL not the MLS. Two leagues that are currently miles apart. They really don’t compare the same right now. Would I be cool with Zanatta coming to play in the MLS ? Yes. The CPL ? Nope.