Dario Zanatta

Zanatta has been loaned to Queen's Park in Scottish League One on a one month emergency loan. Was given the #9 shirt today, so that makes me think he's an every game starter for his loan spell. Gets to play at Hampden Park for a month...

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/5416

http://www.queensparkfc.co.uk/?p=1332

Edited by shermanator

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Floortom said:

Was Zanatta's loan spell successful? Unless I'm missing something he scored one goal in nine matches. Not exactly setting the world on fire given the very low level of play in Scottish 3rd tier.

I guess that depends on what makes the loan spell "successful". If you're simply looking for Zanatta to score a lot of goals in Scottish League One, then I can't imagine you would consider it a success since 1 goal in 860 minutes for a centre forward is a pretty bad strike rate. 

From what I gathered in following the games on Twitter, it seems that Zanatta did well to get himself into some good scoring positions, but simply couldn't finish. The key for me is that he got consistent starts in a league that was better than Hearts' U-20 development team, since I don't know how much action he would have seen with the first team for the 3 months he was with Queen's Park.

Some samples from the club's Twitter:

Getting in the positions is good, shows he's dangerous to me and that improving composure and technique will boost his finishing. I know their skill levels aren't too comparable, but harry Kane never really set the world alight on his loan spells but is higher than a goal every other game with spurs. As mentioned above, it's good he got consistent starts. hopefully he learns from his missed chances and works on it

• 4 weeks later...