Dario Zanatta

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Big_M said:

He has a lot of quality. Should play at least in the second tier next season if not with hearts

Yes, 5 goals in 14 matches is not a bad haul for a 19/20 year old at that level. Should be ready to take a step up, whether with Hearts or out on loan. As much as I'd like him to fight for minutes in the SPL, a Championship loan next season is probably the right move. If he score goals there, he should be ready for Hearts (and us), in the near future.

I would prefer a loan to the Championship for Zanatta over a year of rotting on the bench with the first team this year. Last year was good for Zanatta in that regards, even if the numbers he put up were a little underwhelming given the level he was playing at in 2015-16 and the level he was playing at in 2016-17.

• 3 months later...
1 minute ago, jordan said:

On loan to Raith 

They were just relegated from the Championship last year and are currently sitting first in League One only a few games into the season. So same division, but likely a better team than Queen's Park. He did quite well last year in his second spell there, so hopefully he can build on that with a club pushing for promotion.

Raith Rovers just sold their captain to Hearts so this might be part of the deal.  I would consider Raith to be traditionally a decent sized club with a good following and would expect to come back up this season.  The concern I have is if he doesn't kick on at Raith, what the future prospects are of him from the new manager, Craig Levein.  I think this could be a make-or-break year for Dario at Hearts.

17 hours ago, shermanator said:

A loan to League One is disappointing in my books, I was hoping he would be loaned to a Championship side. Hopefully he can light it up.

A bit yeah, but it's nice that he plays at a dominating side, not having to fight against relegation. And hopefully get's a lot of PT, then level is of secondary concern. 

FWIW, there's a thread on Jambos Kickback forums titled "Zanatta In Walker Out". Sounds like a fair number of supporters wanted to see him get time with Hearts. There are also a fair number of supporters that say he will never be good enough to play with Hearts as well. 

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/171865-zanatta-in-walker-out/

27 minutes ago, shermanator said:

FWIW, there's a thread on Jambos Kickback forums titled "Zanatta In Walker Out". Sounds like a fair number of supporters wanted to see him get time with Hearts. There are also a fair number of supporters that say he will never be good enough to play with Hearts as well. 

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/171865-zanatta-in-walker-out/

Ah good ol' Hearts Kickback...it makes this forum look like a love-in. 

I think many Hearts supporters are fed up with Jamie Walker's attitude in trying to get a move to Rangers and see Zanatta as a direct replacement.  He hasn't gotten a run of games with the first team yet and I think Hearts are looking elsewhere to solve the striker issues.  If I weren't a Voyageur, I'd be leaning towards the side of "not quite good enough" or more like, not proven. 

• 11 months later...
Just now, JamboAl said:

Off to Alloa Athletic on loan.  

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/6898

Unless he does massively well in the next few months, I think he’ll be away in January.

Damn shame he couldn't break through in the Scottish top flight. He had his heart set on Europe but I don't think this is how he imagined it playing out. I wouldn't be surprised to see him come to the CPL.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...