Liam Fraser

shamrock

I think Fraser has the potential to iron out the kinks and become a very effective 6.  I really liked some of his aggressive play last night.

He doesn’t have the bulldog mentality that Piette has though.  At 18 years old Piette was a fierce defensive midfield and he’s only gotten better.

I do like the potential of Fraser though.  TFC had better use him more next year because I think he’s ready for regular minutes.

19 hours ago, Obinna said:

I am use to watching Bradley for TFC, but watching him as the opponent last night gave me perspective on what he is good at. 

Everytime we allowed Bradley time and space, he was able to pick his head up and play some long, dangerous passes. It made me nervous to be honest and I can now better appreciate how MLS opponents must feel about that threat.

In the international game he no longer has the legs to get around the park and break up plays like Piette did last night.

However in MLS, where the speed of play is a few notches lower than what we saw last night, Bradley can and will get that space to hit those passes. That alone is worth keeping him around if you are TFC. Definitely not on a DP contract, but Bradley is definitely worth tam in my opinion.

I know, you never said he wasn't worth keeping around, but I took it as such, since you were critical of one of the few things Bradley still does well :)

During the Canada vs USA game one of the strikers always pressured Bradley in the middle so he would pass it wider to one of the CBs and they would not pressure these two. That seemed to be a strategy Herdman had set.

20 hours ago, Bison44 said:

Obinna: I am dubious as to whether Bradley would drop from 7 mil, down to some manageable TAM number....1mil??  If TFC plays hardball he probably just walks.  Which at this point I dont care...but if he does Vanney will cling to Delgado like he was his son in law....errr long lost son.  

If he walks he walks I guess, but I am not sure he does. His stock is pretty low now and even if some MLS team offers him DP money, it's not going to be more than $2M/yr. Is Bradley going to uproot his family and life for an extra $500k when he's been making +$6M/yr for the past 5 years? Unlikely in my opinion.

I expect Bradley to return on Tam, especially if Toronto can make a deep cup run over the next few weeks.

We shall see what that means for Fraser, but either way he has to get more minutes at Toronto.

2 hours ago, PopePouri said:

I wonder if he projects better as a ball-playing center back given his size. Obviously he needs reps but this game shows what he can do on the defensive side.

Instead of Zavelata, I was really wishing Vanney would at least play Fraser instead since it seems he really never wanted to play him in the midfield if it meant taking off Bradley.

CB was his original position and the one time he did play there was against DC, I thought he looked good. But I was hoping for a much bigger sample size.

How much TAM can TFC free up?  You add the TAM ontop of the max salary 500k etc??  WOUld they have 1mil tam lying around??  These stupid MLS rules...I dont want to spend all afternoon looking up TAM rules and figuring this out, my wife is on my back over the yard.  Just my luck the snow has melted just in time to rake up the leaves.  

On 10/16/2019 at 1:55 AM, Bison44 said:

I cant believe someone who hasnt played in 6 weeks can step in and out play the guy he is sitting behind at his club, and that guy makes 100 times his salary.  And the worst part is....he'll probably get Crepaued in the offseason.  I hope Vanney was watching tonight.  

I'm sure he was, but no doubt just as a team USA fan. He probably didn't even notice what Canada did, just the USA's failings, much like Matt Doyle from mlssoccer.com. He (Doyle) was the one guy there (other than Canadian "contributors" like James Grossi) who occasionally shines a light on Canadian players, but then in the post game show he couldn't bring himself to say much of anything positive about the Canadian team, and was just acting like a disgruntled USA fan. I'm assuming Vanney is in the same boat.

21 hours ago, Kent said:

I'm sure he was, but no doubt just as a team USA fan. He probably didn't even notice what Canada did, just the USA's failings, much like Matt Doyle from mlssoccer.com. He (Doyle) was the one guy there (other than Canadian "contributors" like James Grossi) who occasionally shines a light on Canadian players, but then in the post game show he couldn't bring himself to say much of anything positive about the Canadian team, and was just acting like a disgruntled USA fan. I'm assuming Vanney is in the same boat.

Seriously @Kent, you really don't think Vanney as coach of TFC would take an interest in and keep an eye on his players (especially one that wasn't expected to play and came on early)? Unfathomable. 

1 hour ago, BCM said:

Seriously @Kent, you really don't think Vanney as coach of TFC would take an interest in and keep an eye on his players (especially one that wasn't expected to play and came on early)? Unfathomable. 

Maybe I was being a bit hyperbolic, but I bet he was paying closer attention to Bradley than Osorio, Fraser, or Laryea.

30 minutes ago, king1010 said:

Didnt even make the bench for tonights playoff game:(. 

Gonzalez with his bad hamstring, but no Fraser.  That tells you alot, Vanney doesnt even dress him...Herdman trusts him against USA and Fraser rewards him handsomely.  

It all depends on what level contact Bradley gets if any.  If they sign him to heaven forbid another DP contract Fraser needs to go.  If they sign him to a TAM probably the same.  If he gets a regular contact it will be a solid sign that they are transitioning to Fraser and then he would be in a great position to learn from one of the best while easing into the role.

5 minutes ago, Club Linesman said:

It all depends on what level contact Bradley gets if any.  If they sign him to heaven forbid another DP contract Fraser needs to go.  If they sign him to a TAM probably the same.  If he gets a regular contact it will be a solid sign that they are transitioning to Fraser and then he would be in a great position to learn from one of the best while easing into the role.

Apparently there is an automatic DP single year option at $6.5M on Bradley if TFC wins the MLS cup. 

3 minutes ago, Ruffian said:

Wow, that is some motivation there! He won't find that kind of money anywhere else. Where did you see this?

A reminder that@samstejskaland I reported back in July that Michael Bradley's $6.5 million option is automatically triggered if #TFCLive wins MLS Cup. Just two wins away now:

1 hour ago, king1010 said:

Apparently there is an automatic DP single year option at $6.5M on Bradley if TFC wins the MLS cup. 

Sorry King, dont take this personal, but that is the shittiest post I have seen on here in a long time.    BOOOOO!!!!!  HISSSSSSSS!!!

Even if Bradley leaves there is no chance that Vanney will play Liam. Vanney will just bring in some international on big money to do the job that Liam could do just fine. Not just because Vanney doesn't like young Canadians, but also because fans go crazy in the MLS if you replace a DP with a homegrown. The "status" of a player has way to much influence in the MLS and the regular fan wouldn't be happy. I don't like it, but I think it's true.

11 minutes ago, BFBF said:

Even if Bradley leaves there is no chance that Vanney will play Liam. Vanney will just bring in some international on big money to do the job that Liam could do just fine. Not just because Vanney doesn't like young Canadians, but also because fans go crazy in the MLS if you replace a DP with a homegrown. The "status" of a player has way to much influence in the MLS and the regular fan wouldn't be happy. I don't like it, but I think it's true.

They could always use the DP spot on an attacker instead, freeing up room for Fraser.