Liam Fraser

shamrock

• 4 months later...

When he was standing at the sideline I was shocked that he was actually going to come in for Kaye, considering it was such a big game to make his debut in and also considering he hasn’t been playing (for some reason). 

Well done, he is such a calm player for his age. If TFC won’t give him a chance he needs to find a new club because he’s too good not to be playing!

When he came in me and the friends I came with were shocked/disappointed.  How could an uncapped player come in for an MLS all star in the biggest Canada game we had attended? Well, he proved us wrong.. what a performance. This is a career turning moment and if TFC doesn’t see that then it’s time to move on.

1 minute ago, Bison44 said:

I cant believe someone who hasnt played in 6 weeks can step in and out play the guy he is sitting behind at his club, and that guy makes 100 times his salary.  And the worst part is....he'll probably get Crepaued in the offseason.  I hope Vanney was watching tonight.  

Do I get a royalty now every time somebody uses Crepeau as a verb? 😛

If anyone should make room for Fraser it is Marky Delgado, not Bradley. Yes Liam can play as a 6, but he doesn't have to.

TFC should consider moving Delgado for assets, since his value is high enough to get a decent return. 

The best case for Liam, TFC and (probably) Bradley is to resign the TFC captain to a TAM contract and ship out Delgado (possibly for some TAM) and give Fraser some of Delgado's minutes.

When the time comes that Bradley is done, Liam can become the dedicated 6 and Osorio should still be around as the 8, with Pozuelo as the 10.

Lose Delgado and gain a DP spot.

Edited by Obinna

56 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Yea, Fraser really showed that he doesn't have to play the "Bradley role" as a deep lying playmaker.  I didn't think this match would suit him at all as he has struck me as a player that thrives with time on the ball and I haven't seen that tenacity in midfield.  I think he showed that he has a lot more to offer.

I think Bradley's playmaking and passing is greatly overestimated.

16 minutes ago, Lansdude said:

I think Bradley's playmaking and passing is greatly overestimated.

I am use to watching Bradley for TFC, but watching him as the opponent last night gave me perspective on what he is good at. 

Everytime we allowed Bradley time and space, he was able to pick his head up and play some long, dangerous passes. It made me nervous to be honest and I can now better appreciate how MLS opponents must feel about that threat.

In the international game he no longer has the legs to get around the park and break up plays like Piette did last night.

However in MLS, where the speed of play is a few notches lower than what we saw last night, Bradley can and will get that space to hit those passes. That alone is worth keeping him around if you are TFC. Definitely not on a DP contract, but Bradley is definitely worth tam in my opinion.

I know, you never said he wasn't worth keeping around, but I took it as such, since you were critical of one of the few things Bradley still does well :)

Just now, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

This is funnily enough my concern with Hutchinson after some of the dangerous moments at the Gold Cup.

I'm not sure Atiba plays 90 minutes for us anymore... :(

100% agree. I would love for Hutchinson to remain in the pool though. 

If he is up for it, then we should be selecting him, because he is still good enough to get selected. He has a ton of experience and if he is still playing at Besiktas, he is in the conversation.

However, as for next match, I would roll out Piette. Really hard not to after a game like that. He is precisely the type of DM we need against a team like the USA. Perhaps Eustaquio will be better suited for other opponents, but for next game Piette is our man, with a choice of Hutchinson or Eustaquio next in line.

54 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Yea, Fraser really showed that he doesn't have to play the "Bradley role" as a deep lying playmaker.  I didn't think this match would suit him at all as he has struck me as a player that thrives with time on the ball and I haven't seen that tenacity in midfield.  I think he showed that he has a lot more to offer.

I came here to basically post this. I always liked Fraser but I pigeon holed him as a deep lying playmaker who would need two central midfielders ahead of him to compensate defensively. Against the US he showed that there is a chance he is able to play as a midfield two. Now, granted that Arfield and Osorio didn't exactly play as wingers and helped out a lot, but it was a very encouraging display.