Manjrekar James

16 hours ago, Blackdude said:

I'm just wondering, since he would be considered an international in MLS, would an American MLS club really want to sign him? 

Pure speculation but it sounds like he would fall under MLS's new "Generation Adidas Canada" rule. This would make him a domestic for US teams and his salary wouldn't count against the cap. My guess is that he signs with MLS and enters the Superdraft. Either that or TFC gets the Galaxy treatment and he is allocated to Toronto.

Edited by FC_Hali

1 hour ago, FC_Hali said:

Pure speculation but it sounds like he would fall under MLS's new "Generation Adidas Canada" rule. This would make him a domestic for US teams and his salary wouldn't count against the cap. My guess is that he signs with MLS and enters the Superdraft. Either that or TFC gets the Galaxy treatment and he is allocated to Toronto.

Squizz has mentioned he wouldn't be a domestic.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

According to Transfermarkt, the Hungarian Winter transfer window closes at midnight tonight (presumably local time).

http://www.transfermarkt.com/transfer-statistik/transferfenster/statistik/stat/plus/0?art=w&kontinent_id=6&option=0

I haven't been able to find anything on a move for Manjrekar, so maybe he'll stay with Vasas for the remainder of the season, despite not really being involved with the first team much at all. Fingers crossed for a last minute deal to go through, so he can try to get some real playing time this season.

Edited by David C.

4 hours ago, David C. said:

According to Transfermarkt, the Hungarian Winter transfer window closes at midnight tonight (presumably local time).

http://www.transfermarkt.com/transfer-statistik/transferfenster/statistik/stat/plus/0?art=w&kontinent_id=6&option=0

I haven't been able to find anything on a move for Manjrekar, so maybe he'll stay with Vasas for the remainder of the season, despite not really being involved with the first team much at all. Fingers crossed for a last minute deal to go through, so he can try to get some real playing time this season.

What's your point? Transfer window is still open in Canada/USA. He could leave in 3 days for MLS.

1 hour ago, Blackdude said:

What's your point? Transfer window is still open in Canada/USA. He could leave in 3 days for MLS.

To be honest, I'm not entirely certain how these transfer windows work and assumed (incorrectly, it appears) that once a country's window closes, players (under contract) cannot be transferred in or out of that country. Are you saying that the dates only limit movement into a country but not out?

Edited by David C.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Have mixed feelings here. He's getting OK minutes in a Euro top flight and might get a chance to play in Europa next year but at the same time he'll get to know Central American and will still be playing at a decent level (and will likely get more playing time). This move also would likely end his European ambitions I think

Edited by matty

Just now, matty said:

and might get a chance to play in Europa next year

Next year?!? He is playing Europa League this Thursday! http://www.m4sport.hu/2017/06/26/meglepo-hianyzo-a-fradinal-az-europa-liga-keretben-meglepo-nev-a-vasaseban/

I assume he will miss the 2nd leg back in Hungary on July 6th because he will be in our Gold Cup squad. My guess is that after the game in Jerusalem, he will take a direct flight from Tel Aviv to Toronto.

23 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

That would be a great spot for him, IMO. 

2 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Next year?!? He is playing Europa League this Thursday! http://www.m4sport.hu/2017/06/26/meglepo-hianyzo-a-fradinal-az-europa-liga-keretben-meglepo-nev-a-vasaseban/

I assume he will miss the 2nd leg back in Hungary on July 6th because he will be in our Gold Cup squad. My guess is that after the game in Jerusalem, he will take a direct flight from Tel Aviv to Toronto.

Jesus Christ I thought this thing started in like a fucking month.

I would love to see that move. Yeah getting some preliminary Europa league action is nice, but playing for one of the top teams in Costa Rica would be great on multiple levels: CONCACAF environment, more exposure to MLS / Liga MX scouts, pre-existing relationship with the manager, still will be in a squad with internationals. 

James is 24 and perhaps he may be able to still climb another level or two, but I don't see him playing for a big team like Besiktas or even a Burnley or a Cardiff City. 

I think the pros definitely outweigh the cons.

25 minutes ago, Obinna said:

James is 24 and perhaps he may be able to still climb another level or two, but I don't see him playing for a big team like Besiktas or even a Burnley or a Cardiff City. 

Same but I could see him in Poland some day.