Manjrekar James

Players have moved from the Hungarian league directly to...

English Premier League, Serie A, Serie B, Bundesliga, La Liga, Juliper Pro League, Austrian Bundesliga, Ligue 1, 2. Bundesliga etc...

So, if you show enough in Hungary, you will get noticed.  The problem with James is that he is not getting a lot of playing time with Vasas.

4 hours ago, Toje said:

Players have moved from the Hungarian league directly to...

English Premier League, Serie A, Serie B, Bundesliga, La Liga, Juliper Pro League, Austrian Bundesliga, Ligue 1, 2. Bundesliga etc...

So, if you show enough in Hungary, you will get noticed.  The problem with James is that he is not getting a lot of playing time with Vasas.

His big issue and he has mentioned it a few times is that he is often away with Canada, and it is about to happen again as Vasas has Europa matches that he will miss because of the GC. 

On 6/26/2017 at 9:59 PM, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Next year?!? He is playing Europa League this Thursday! http://www.m4sport.hu/2017/06/26/meglepo-hianyzo-a-fradinal-az-europa-liga-keretben-meglepo-nev-a-vasaseban/

I assume he will miss the 2nd leg back in Hungary on July 6th because he will be in our Gold Cup squad. My guess is that after the game in Jerusalem, he will take a direct flight from Tel Aviv to Toronto.

My bad, he is not with the squad for today's game in Jerusalem. http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/season=2018/matches/round=2000886/match=2021722/lineups/index.html

Already on his way to camp in Toronto I think.

Presuming he plays regularly (which, with Floro as manager, I think that could be a given), I think this is a fantastic move for James. One of my wishes for this offseason was for James to move to North America, but this would be even better in my opinion.

Then next stop, Whitecaps, because Robinson will mistakenly think he's Costa Rican.

Edited by shermanator

Maybe poor translation but 

Vancsa Miklós, managing director of the National Sport Vasas said if it were up to him, Manjrekar James would not take up more of the combined Angyalfold jersey. The sports leader feels the Canadian national team midfielder let down the team. Besides him, the 34-year-old Turkish striker Mahir Sagl fate is uncertain

http://www.nemzetisport.hu/labdarugo_nb_i/vasas-ha-rajtam-mulna-tobbet-nem-venne-fel-a-klub-mezet-2578627 

More about him at the bottom of the article

However, Canadian Manjrekar James can hardly return to Angyalföld. The legion told the team that he was heading for the Canadian national team instead of Israel, before the last week's meeting last Wednesday.

"Manjrair James abandoned Vasas," said Miklós Vancsa. - We stayed with him the night before we left for the first match of the Beitar Combat with us, and then travel to the squad. I do not want to go too far forward, the decision is not in my hands alone, but if it was up to me, I would not put up the Iron Curtain

I can't wait until we have a full squad of players that are out of the club lineup only because they need a rest.  Between injuries and getting dumped on because they are Canadian, it becomes clear that we need our own league so our players can get thousands of competitive minutes per year.  How good would we be if we had 15-20 players getting Will Johnson and Cyle Larin minutes?

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Blackjack15 said:

I believe James is too good to be playing in the Costa Rican League! I don't see how most of you see this move as a positive. I would consider it as a step backward coming from Hungary. MLS maybe? 

He isn't good enough for MLS. And he'd be playing on the best team in Costa Rica in a Central American environment. Read the thread

Don't know if it's American or just a lack of quality defending, but its true. In MLS games are exciting cause all the teams keep on pushing, even if they are in front. It's very attack-minded. You rarely see teams that know how to kill a game. Seattle last season comes to mind. 

12 hours ago, dsqpr said:

I agree. MLS is a funny league though. They spend all kinds of money on attacking talent but don't seem to value good defenders. Whenever I watch an MLS game I am normally shocked at how bad the defending is: not even close to English Championship standard. One team defends well and wins the whole thing (Seattle). I guess it is part of the American lack of understanding of the game, thinking more scoring must be better. This is part of the reason why when a player like Larin tears it up in MLS he is not taken seriously in Europe.

But yeah, based on the little we saw of him at this Gold Cup, I think James could play in MLS.

that's a lot of broad strokes in one there =p