Manjrekar James

Vasas was strong in 16-17 when he was a backup..third in the league and cup final. In his only season as a starter in Hungary his team got relegated..this new start could be good for him even though he has to start in the second league and prove that he has a place in the first league

11 hours ago, Big_M said:

Vasas was strong in 16-17 when he was a backup..third in the league and cup final. In his only season as a starter in Hungary his team got relegated..this new start could be good for him even though he has to start in the second league and prove that he has a place in the first league

The 16-17 season was the outlier for Vasas unfortunately. The year before they just surived in the league and before that they were in div.2 ... This is a HUGE step up in terms of the size of the club. 

19 minutes ago, BradMack said:

The 16-17 season was the outlier for Vasas unfortunately. The year before they just surived in the league and before that they were in div.2 ... This is a HUGE step up in terms of the size of the club. 

Yes, this is a step up and a great move. Denmark is a developmental league, and he'll get seen far more often than he would in the East. He's in all likelihood making more money and getting treated better too.

Good move and right stage of his career to make the jump from Hungary. I do not view the loan as a negative at all.

He now has the chance to prove himself in a new country. He is on a 4 year deal so there is no rush for him to play for the first team.

We should all be realistic enough to understand that James is not a player who'd compete for a spot on a top Danish club right away. 

If he wants to grow more as a player in my opinion he needs to leave Denmark and play either in the MLS or play in the Bundesliga out there in Germany or French Ligue 1 in France

4 minutes ago, Tg11 said:

If he wants to grow more as a player in my opinion he needs to leave Denmark and play either in the MLS or play in the Bundesliga out there in Germany or French Ligue 1 in France

Bundesliga or Ligue 1? He needs to get the hell out of those shitholes and go to La Liga if he wants to properly develop.

19 minutes ago, jpg75 said:

Bundesliga or Ligue 1? He needs to get the hell out of those shitholes and go to La Liga if he wants to properly develop.

Well yeah then La Liga also works too and with him going to Spain he gets that much needed experience of playing against the world's best

Ligue 1, Bundesliga, La Liga - come on.  He needs to raise his game and get into the CPL!

Seriously though - I don't think that whether FC Midtjylland is a good landing spot for him or not is in question.  It is obviously a step up (van der Vaart spent the last two years there riding the pine). The issue is his immediate loan, and what that means long term.  FC Midtjylland had brought him in on 4 year k - so they have him in their plans; but then immediately loan him down - thus he is not in their immediate plans.  This leaves the door open for someone else to sparkly/transfer in and take a future place from him.  In the current situation, ideally his loan agmt has a recall clause, James hits the ground running and FC Midtjylland has a need a need for him earlier.   

7 hours ago, Tg11 said:

Leave Denmark? He hasn't even arrived yet...

You realize he's coming from a tiny, relegated Hungarian club whose stadium looked like this:

cache_2440720706.jpg?t=1375372688

2 minutes ago, Bertuzzi44 said:

Leave Denmark? He hasn't even arrived yet...

You realize he's coming from a tiny, relegated Hungarian club whose stadium looked like this:

cache_2440720706.jpg?t=1375372688

Okay then if he truly wants to get better as a player can he do it playing in the Danish league though?

No he obviously did and I have no doubt James can too but at the same time though playing for said club will that be enough for him to get noticed by the bigger clubs of Europe down the road?

I really do want to see him do well don't get me wrong but that is just my opinion on said subject

He is 25 right now but to think 2026 he may not even get the chance to play for Canada in the FIFA World Cup if we are automatic hosts because by that time he will be 33 years old by then.

1 hour ago, Tg11 said:

No he obviously did and I have no doubt James can too but at the same time though playing for said club will that be enough for him to get noticed by the bigger clubs of Europe down the road?

I really do want to see him do well don't get me wrong but that is just my opinion on said subject

He is 25 right now but to think 2026 he may not even get the chance to play for Canada in the FIFA World Cup if we are automatic hosts because by that time he will be 33 years old by then.

Yes FCM (not even gonna try and spell it) have sold a lot of players to big leagues in the past such as: 

- Pione sisto to Celta Vigo 

- Winston Reid to West Ham

-Erik Sviatchenko to Celtic 

- Rasmus Kristensento Ajax 

If  James puts in good performances than offers will most definrtly come his way

27 minutes ago, badname22 said:

Yes FCM (not even gonna try and spell it) have sold a lot of players to big leagues in the past such as: 

- Pione sisto to Celta Vigo 

- Winston Reid to West Ham

-Erik Sviatchenko to Celtic 

- Rasmus Kristensento Ajax 

If  James puts in good performances than offers will most definrtly come his way

Yes he most likely can and will but only if he stays consistent