Manjrekar James

1 hour ago, Ruffian said:

I don't see James making it to a big European club, I hope I'm wrong. He is already 25 and I still see a lot of deficiencies in his game. If he can eventually win a starting spot at Midtjylland, I think that puts him in a position to help Canada qualify for WC 2022. 

He can help Canada to qualify but to start the Hex, they are gonna have to play well which means he is gonna have to step up.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Midtjylland are apparently cutting his loan to Fredericia short so that he can play in the Superliga once their winter break ends. It seems that he has been playing well in the second tier. He was described by his coach at Fredericia as being "the best centre-back in the league".

Edited by Jith12

• 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, C2SKI said:

When the team was selected, he hadn't played a minute of football in 2019. I probably would've thought twice about calling him too

Well actually he had played in friendlies at least.  Edgar had just been on trials.  I’d argue he’s probably more “in season” than the others called. 

its better for him to settle into a starting role with his club.

he looked like one of his teams better players today.  he easily dispossessed opposing players and also makes runs into the midfield and also sent in some good long balls to the wingers.  they also look for his head on set plays, he had a good header today from a sharp angle but the keeper made a good save.

havent watched the danish league in a while, but today it looked like mid table MLS team quality.  and thats surprising given Midtjylland is in the title race.  a defender in MLS faces more dangerous attackers, but overall the gameplay seemed smoother, more diverse passing and positional interchange.

his team plays a 3-4-3 and i really liked it, i think it could work for us.  it was very fluid, whenever james pushed up someone covered for him and still there were lots of options going forward, and when defending it quickly became a backline of 5.

Edited by BrennanFan

22 minutes ago, Kadenge said:

Right now he is playing at the highest level of all our CBs and if he continues to get minutes should be our #1 CB for the GC

He just played his first minutes for his new club this weekend. At the time of selection he wasn't playing at all. I'm sure he'll be called in the future if he continues to get minutes at Midtjylland. Although, they did call David Edgar for this camp...

Edited by C2SKI

12 minutes ago, C2SKI said:

He just played his first minutes for his new club this weekend.. At the time of selection he wasn't playing at all. I'm sure he'll be called in the future if he continues to get minutes at Midtjylland

He started in a cup quarter-final on wednesday, but yes I agree he has not played much this year. My comment was  more re GC. James is also the only CB in JH's player pool that has recent GC experience. Edgar is the other but as mentioned by others will probably not see the field. He also scored in Honduras in WC qualifying.  When was the last time that happened ?

Edited by Kadenge