Manjrekar James

47 minutes ago, rightback said:

I have higher hopes for James than Henry but he needs more experience. I'm glad too that he's getting experience in Hungary, they're a wily bunch over there.

Honestly, just watching Henry on the ball during the last two games has shown what being in the West Ham system can do, his footwork is fantastic for a CB. He still has a higher cap than James but I would like to see what James can do in a place like Denmark or Sweden

Not sure what you are watching with Henry. There has been so many slow 10 foot passes that go off his toe and roll out. I also wish James didn't just pass it back to Borjan every time he got it. I think defence used to be one of our strengths as it is easier to be big and strong then technical. But in the future it looks like it may be a weakness.

I was pleased with James' passing and linking with the d-mids (particularly Atiba). I wonder if he would have been better served switching with Doneil at RB, moving Doneil to his more familiar CB spot (although I admit having a CB comfortable with the ball is handy).

Anyway, I'm pretty excited to see how James develops, if he can somehow manage to get some club playing time under his belt. Frustrating, that so many of our players are nailed to the bench with their club teams. I think that had a lot to do with hurting our overall team performances this past week.

Edited by David C.

• 3 weeks later...

So, a third of the way through Vasas' season and they are the top club in Hungary. Meanwhile, his old club are bottom of the table. I know there were some questioning his move to Vasas after being a semi regular starter for two clubs in two years in Hungary. This could shed some light on it.

Long way to go, but there is a chance we see James in UEFA Champions League or UEFA Europa League qualifying next year.

I didn't think they were either, Vasas were close to being relegated last year. But, maybe they're making a push for the title.

Regarding James' playing time, he's featured in 2 or their last 3 games, so hopefully that means more consistent minutes for him to come. He had a spell last year at Diosgyor where he was out of the 18 for a few months with seemingly no explanation either.

6 hours ago, shamrock said:

I had no idea Vasas was that strong in Hungary. You'd think clubs like MTK or Ferencvaros would dominate...

Anyway the downside is that James has barely played for them. 71 minutes in 3 appearances. Hope he'll find his way into the team during the rest of the season. 

I believe he was injured in preseason so that along with being away with Canada likely is a contributor. Hopefully the recent trend continues. 

• 1 month later...

I would be curious to hear about his overall club experience in Hungary. He hasn't been getting first team minutes, so is he disappointed with that and looking to move on to another club or is the learning experience at his club so great, that he is happy with the current situation for now? What does he need to improve on, in order to press his way into a starting-11?

Many thanks Matty - cheers!.

I thought this point made by James was interesting.

RNO: In your opinion what is key to Canada's future success on the world stage?

Manjrekar James: This is a very difficult question. First, it has to be the education of young players to ensure they are developing in very good environments back home. Then I think it's an opportunity to play at the pro level which is not very easy when we don't have our own league and MLS treats Canadians as foreigners. We need more of our guys being important match winners at their clubs. This is what I think makes for a good national team.