Tyler Pasher

Dub Narcotic

5 hours ago, Stoppage Time said:

With Jordan Hamilton at the same time? Pasher would be quality in CPL, but is there enough room in the Forge roster? Better to go a club where top CPL minutes are available? York? Ottawa?

Yeah but York and Ottawa don’t have their own special salary cap like Forge does 

2 hours ago, canadianbacons said:

Why Houston would waive Pasher when they're so horrible is baffling. I thought he was fairly productive with the limited minutes he received. Not surprising to hear about interest from other MLS teams.

Maybe he fell out with Paulo Nagamura. Doesn't always have to be strictly performance related.

3 hours ago, canadianbacons said:

Why Houston would waive Pasher when they're so horrible is baffling. I thought he was fairly productive with the limited minutes he received. Not surprising to hear about interest from other MLS teams.

Apparently because he took up an international spot, and if so, a reminder that he don’t have true parity  with the Americans on that front in the league 

6 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

Apparently because he took up an international spot, and if so, a reminder that he don’t have true parity  with the Americans on that front in the league 

Pfffttt!!!  Quit bashing MLS.....look what they have done for soccer in canada.  They cant be expected to make this small change to roster rules!!  Oh by the way, here comes an extra 3 DP slots, new SLAM allocation money and special garber bucks rebate for anyone bringing in italian nationals.  

Good for Tyler though, he is on the verge of becoming that rarest of beasts, the CDN MLS journeyman who plays for american clubs.  

22 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

I think even if MLS changed the rules and Canadians were considered domestic players on American teams. The American teams would still want to develop their own.  For a Canadian prospect  to get a fair shake on an American team, they have to be 10 times better than the American prospects I find.

18 minutes ago, SoCalTransport said:

I think even if MLS changed the rules and Canadians were considered domestic players on American teams. The American teams would still want to develop their own.  For a Canadian prospect  to get a fair shake on an American team, they have to be 10 times better than the American prospects I find.

I don't know about that. The best American MLS teams barely even start many Americans

Henry also said they same deal it’s tough as an international on American teams.

it’s very easy for American teams to find an international who is younger and better than our guys. It’s also nuts that both Crepeau and Henry were considered internationals given that they came through the academy.

some American teams have pushed for younger Canadian talent and were willing to trade for those players. 

1 hour ago, Big_M said:

I checked Houstons roster before he got waived and he was counted as domestic...if hes not a domestic after eight years of playing in the usa someone was very lazy

Have to wonder of those roster pages aren't the most accurate 

2 hours ago, Big_M said:

I checked Houstons roster before he got waived and he was counted as domestic...if hes not a domestic after eight years of playing in the usa someone was very lazy

Yeah, he had to have qualified for a Green Card ages ago.

16 hours ago, Big_M said:

There have been other examples of that. Nana Attakora was able to bounce around lots of American clubs on a green card as well after leaving TFC, but there's a small posse of posters with a nationalist narrative to push who will jump to a particular conclusion before they know all the facts. Is the current setup ideal? No, but life seldom is and you just have to get on with it with the cards you were dealt.