Tyler Pasher

Dub Narcotic

11 hours ago, Stoppage Time said:

How about a short term contract with VWFC to see if Pasher has any goals still in his game especially if Cavallini is suspended for the longer term. Is Pasher unrestricted after being terminated or would the Energy Drinks have to make a deal?

He can't join an a non American team. The transfer window is closed, so his ITC can't move to a different country until it reopens. MLS Roster freeze was also Sept 2, so he can't even join a US MLS team now. He can sign for only sign for an American team as a free agent until a transfer window reopens. With transfer window rules and Mls roster freeze, best he cando for 2022 is join a USL-C side (depending on when their roster freeze is) 

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, canuckgbp said:

Journalist covering the NYRB. Only found it because Thomas Nef liked the tweet. 

Haven’t seen anymore details about it. 

It was such an odd way to sign then leave within days. 

I don't think he signed with them in any traditional sense. His MLS contract was transferred from one club to another, within the league, unilaterally. 

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Shway said:

I wonder how much USL is paying some guys now. 
He was making $165k in Houston, I wondered what he makes in Birmingham. 

Probably half of that at best, I imagine. 82k would not a bad wage in that part of the country though. Without looking into it I imagine Birmingham has a much lower cost of living than Houston, which in turn is less expensive than other major cities in North America. Playing careers are short but I am sure those years in MLS really helped.

Just now, Obinna said:

Probably half of that at best, I imagine. 82k would not a bad wage in that part of the country though. Without looking into it I imagine Birmingham has a much lower cost of living than Houston, which in turn is less expensive than other major cities in North America. Playing careers are short but I am sure those years in MLS really helped.

Should be said as well he's a USL standout. I don't know what top wages are (maybe 100k?) but whatever they are he's surely pushing that.

10 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Should be said as well he's a USL standout. I don't know what top wages are (maybe 100k?) but whatever they are he's surely pushing that.

The money must be right. He had clearly established himself as an MLS player so unless he completely ruined himself by what happened at NYRB this would seem financially motivated.

• 3 months later...
4 hours ago, CanadaFan123 said:

He has to be getting wages they couldn’t offer but maybe in the future when we have continental competition. 

His is one of the stranger Canadian soccer stories as he could clearly cut it in MLS. 

Yup I can’t figure this one out, guy has excelled at the USL level to the point where MLS teams took notice . Every time I saw him play with Houston the guy stood out and created and scored goals . Then out of the blue Houston let’s him go goes to the Red Bulls and they let him go before he even plays a game . What am I missing here ? What did he do , did he sleep with the coaches wife ? The guy is definitely an MLS caliber player , and he is not considered an international he is a domestic player per MLS rules, having gone through the TFC Academy system.  Shame on TFC and all the other MLS teams for not signing this guy, consider some of the useless players each of these teams have .