Tyler Pasher

Dub Narcotic

1 minute ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

Don't put words I didn't write in quotes.

You know you are wrong but can't admit it because you love MLS so much.

Why can't we advocate for better conditions for Canadian players? This is a CanMNT fan forum for gods sake

Edited by narduch

1 minute ago, narduch said:

You know you are wrong but can't admit it because you love MLS so much....

I seldom watch MLS games these days, it's bizarre that you think you can interpret what I know to be right, and how dare you imply that I care any less than you do about the CanMNT than you do because I don't whine on incessantly about this issue. FIFA didn't have to give Canada an exemption on domestic only pro leagues, the USSF didn't have to let Canadian teams in, and we could easily have something like the 1980s NSL as the pinnacle of Canadian pro soccer at the moment without any of that.

1 minute ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

I seldom watch MLS games these days, it's bizarre that you think you can interpret what I know to be right, and how dare you imply that I care any less than you do about the CanMNT than you do because I don't whine on incessantly about this issue. FIFA didn't have to give Canada an exemption on domestic only pro leagues, the USSF didn't have to let Canadian teams in, and we could easily have something like the 1980s NSL as the pinnacle of Canadian pro soccer at the moment without any of that.

Your posting track record speaks for itself. You favour the American pyramid over Canada and continue to do so.

That's your prerogative. Some of us disagree with that stance and call out the inequities.

It doesn't make your opinion right or better 

I used “apparently” and “if so” for a reason, as it was based on what I read in Twitter from a Houston supporter. Some times, when people are on vacation or just taking a break from work, they haven’t got time to triple check every “fact” on social media hence why they pass on the information by  couching it in terms indicating uncertainty. Funny to see the implication that this is the action of a member of a posse. I wonder if the Houston fan on twitter is also a member.

30 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

I used “apparently” and “if so” for a reason, as it was based on what I read in Twitter from a Houston supporter. Some times, when people are on vacation or just taking a break from work, they haven’t got time to triple check every “fact” on social media hence why they pass on the information by  couching it in terms indicating uncertainty. Funny to see the implication that this is the action of a member of a posse. I wonder if the Houston fan on twitter is also a member.

Imagine railing against nationalism to people who follow national team soccer. All because you want to defend MLS rules that discriminate against Canadian players (there is no denying this is true no matter how many excuses some want to make for it)

May as well sick to the club game only of you hate nationalism that much. 

Stop with these absurd distortions of my position. I wrote the following:

3 hours ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

... Is the current setup ideal? No, ...

That is not support for MLS roster rules. How dare you try to pontificate to me about whether I should be supporting the CMNT. When I first moved to Canada in the 1980s small minded nationalist bigots tried to tell me that I shouldn't play soccer because this is Canada and only ***s play soccer. The answer from me back then was **** off and I kept playing and started following domestic Canadian soccer including the London Lasers and the CMNT. In 2022, I am not going to tolerate being told what to do where soccer is concerned either any more than I was back in the 1980s.

21 hours ago, SoCalTransport said:

I think even if MLS changed the rules and Canadians were considered domestic players on American teams. The American teams would still want to develop their own.  For a Canadian prospect  to get a fair shake on an American team, they have to be 10 times better than the American prospects I find.

I don’t agree.  I think there is a general tendency to buy American players within the league but I don’t see a huge push for “Made in America” players exclusively.   Clubs want to win first and foremost.  TFC demonstrates that in their Team America phase and is now trying to be the Azzuri 2.0

I think Canadians would have much better opportunities in the league if they counted as domestics and I still think it is a strike against the league (from a Canadian perspective) that this simple change hasn’t been made.  There aren’t so many MLS-caliber Canadians that it would substantially impact the opportunities for US players.  

17 minutes ago, RS said:

I'm not sure what @dyslexic nam wrote to draw such ire, but it's no skin off my back either way.

Anyway, on the thread topic I actually think Pasher might fit in at NYRB better than he did in Houston. The style of play seems to fit him better in New Jersey.

I have called him out many many times in the past so this is just an echo of those pleasant exchanges.  

1 hour ago, RS said:

I'm not sure what @dyslexic nam wrote to draw such ire, but it's no skin off my back either way.

Anyway, on the thread topic I actually think Pasher might fit in at NYRB better than he did in Houston. The style of play seems to fit him better in New Jersey.

If Struber sticks with the 3-4 using inverted wngbacks (the trendy formation world wide at the moment), then he should provide some positives out on the right.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It is worth nothing that the New York Red Bulls are at least dark horse contenders this year so it is definitely at least conceivable that even if they do not have space for him Pasher could find more work in MLS with a club lower in the foodchain, especially since he went to TFC's academy and therefore could count as a homegrown (and therefore domestic) player.