Marco Bustos

4 minutes ago, VinceA said:

Only posting Veth because he's usually right, despite being insufferable.

Obviously, no matter what Eredivisie team it is, if he Joins and plays that immediately puts him on the Canada radar.

He was already on the radar but I know what you mean. He got a call to January camp in 2021 I believe, a little under 2 years ago.

Would love to see him go to a mid table Eredivisie club and force his way back onto the roster sometime next year. Have always liked his game.

2 minutes ago, Obinna said:

He was already on the radar but I know what you mean. He got a call to January camp in 2021 I believe, a little under 2 years ago.

Would love to see him go to a mid table Eredivisie club and force his way back onto the roster sometime next year. Have always liked his game.

yeah I didn't write that clearly, *back on the radar

6 minutes ago, Obinna said:

He wasn't the same player last season though. He never seemed to regain his confidence following all that missed time due to injury. I'm sad to see him go, but wherever he ends up I hope he can regain his form

9 minutes ago, Bigandy said:

I would be shocked if he goes to the eredivisie. If he can't make an MLS squad, I cant see him making it in holland. It would be great if he could though. 

I'm not sure many Eredivisie sides spend as much on wide attackers as Toronto do, but regardless, I'd be fairly surprised if he got a move there given his relatively quiet last season. 

2 hours ago, VinceA said:

Obviously, no matter what Eredivisie team it is, if he Joins and plays that immediately puts him on the Canada radar.

If this move happens where would this place him on the "Best out of Winnipeg" rankings? He's gotta be up there no?

1 hour ago, Floortom said:

There are some pretty small Eredevisie clubs that I do think Bustos can contribute to (when he’s healthy and at his best). I would just be surprised that they’re recruiting 26 year olds from the CPL.

I am not saying that he cant, but surely brym is miles ahead of bustos? If brym cant make the eredivisie, I have a hard time seeing bustos.  

Its a hard comparison  - bustos CPL to brym eerste divisie. 

17 minutes ago, VinceA said:

Biggest grift in CPL history. 

Dude had good feet at least. Can't really say otherwise.

Apparently plays for Eastern in the Hong Kong Premier League. Has also earned 8 international caps for Taiwan to date, which is kind of cool to see. 

They are ranked 157 though, between Afghanistan and Myanmar. 

4 hours ago, Floortom said:

There are some pretty small Eredevisie clubs that I do think Bustos can contribute to (when he’s healthy and at his best). I would just be surprised that they’re recruiting 26 year olds from the CPL.

Same. Eredivisie is a young man's league. At 26 he'd be one of the older guys on most of the teams he could potentially join.

Bustos has always confused me. I coached against him at club nationals maybe 10 years ago, and the kid was just dynamite. So I have somewhat followed his career path. It makes no sense to me how he could not catch on with an MLS team. The skills level is clearly elite. You can tell in his three CPL years he's just too good to be in that league. I just wonder why he's never stuck at a decent level? is it an attitude thing? You would think if a Dutch team were interested in him, he would have been playing at a higher level already. Same with this reported Chille interest. Maybe it's smoke the agent is selling to drum up interest. 

4 minutes ago, top cheese said:

Bustos has always confused me. I coached against him at club nationals maybe 10 years ago, and the kid was just dynamite. So I have somewhat followed his career path. It makes no sense to me how he could not catch on with an MLS team. The skills level is clearly elite. You can tell in his three CPL years he's just too good to be in that league. I just wonder why he's never stuck at a decent level? is it an attitude thing? You would think if a Dutch team were interested in him, he would have been playing at a higher level already. Same with this reported Chille interest. Maybe it's smoke the agent is selling to drum up interest. 

Maybe his agent is a fucktard?

15 minutes ago, top cheese said:

This Will Parchman tweet is an all-timer to explain what happened:

The other thing that I've seen media and coaches mention when talking about Bustos is that he's not fast and not physical and coaches have never trusted his technical ability to make up for those shortcomings.

1 hour ago, VinceA said:

This Will Parchman tweet is an all-timer to explain what happened:

The other thing that I've seen media and coaches mention when talking about Bustos is that he's not fast and not physical and coaches have never trusted his technical ability to make up for those shortcomings.

I agree with this take. Bustos was always a player with enough skill to play in a good league, but it never happened for one reason or another. He wouldn't be the first player to fall into that category, however. Sometimes it takes a bit of fortune to land in the right situation.

Happy to see him get European interest. Top division in Sweden or Holland would clearly be deserved. He's been grinding in the lower leagues for a long time. 

I still remember how well he played against Scotland. He didn't look out of place against players from Celtic and the English Championship. 

11 hours ago, VinceA said:

Not to be a downer but this report makes zero sense and it’s naive from someone like Manuel who works for Transfermarkt.  

“interest from Eredivise…. And then from Sweden”.  Those two leagues are not similar in quality.  No teams in leagues between are interested?  

To sign in Holland as a foreigner, a team has to pay you 400,000 euros + which only 4 clubs can do (Ajax, PSV, Feyenoord and AZ).  No other team in the league will break the bank and sign Bustos to the top of their wage bill when they can’t make a return on him like they could a 20 year old.  

Not doubting Bustos quality to get a good team in Sweden and I hope he does.  But these reports you can tell are just agent driven