Jordan Hamilton

Yohan

This is the full game against Pittsburgh. Jordan's goal is at 14:25. Also, the league counted an assist for him in the second goal (18:50). I wouldn't, it was a shot saved by the keeper. He had also another assist (48:00). That one was impressive.

Edited by canucklefan

Slightly off-topic, but I've read from Charleton's main blogger and others that Wilmiington is one of the stylistically worst teams in the league: pure lump-it-up 4-4-2 and dirty to boot. Wonder if Toronto will try and find a different affiliation next year or try and work with the club to play a bit more technically.

Why would they do that?  It fits into the way Ryan Nelsen plays perfectly.  

All joking aside, last game I watched they seem much more interested in keeping the ball than TFC currently is.  This figures to be a one year stop gap until they get their own farm team. 

• 3 weeks later...

Jordan continues to prove his worth at Wilmington. Yesterday he started, played 90 minutes and tied the game when Chicago Fire Reseves were leading 1 - 0. The final score was 2 - 2. He has now 4 goals and 2 assists in 7 games played (334 minutes).

Video of the goal (starts at 1:22:30):

FYI, Roberts also played 90 minutes and Aparacio played the last 14 minutes.

PDL+, maybe. European loan?

This was what I was thinking too. The seasons tend to be shorter in North America, so a training stint elsewhere after the season may be good for hamilton. I wonder if Nelson would ever take advantage of his Wellington contacts in the A league to get young tfc players experience playing in a county's top division?

• 1 month later...

That training ground (or stadium?) looks pretty ghetto. You could really mistake that for a club in Uruguay or something. 

But at least the grass looks nice! :)

I've seen photos of the stadium and they look half decent considering the level. I'm too lazy to dig them up.

Edited by narduch