11 hours ago, jordan said:

First impressions of Allan Johnston's style of football, and how it differs from Peter Houston's.

I remember vividly Magic Johnston's amazing wing play for Hearts in the 90s.  Ah, the memories are flowing back again.

19 minutes ago, masster said:

Article on Fraser's man of the match performance against Livingston.
https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/scottish-championship/530621/dunfermline-3-livingston-1-fraser-aird-hails-different-class/?utm_source=twitter

Was interesting to see him play on the left side so he could cut in on his strong foot.

It would be nice if Raheem Edwards could learn to do this on the right side. It would help balance out our options. 

48 minutes ago, Ruffian said:

It would be nice if Raheem Edwards could learn to do this on the right side. It would help balance out our options. 

Edward isn't a scoring winger like Aird though his strength are his crosses into the box and his ability to link up on the touchlines.

2 hours ago, Vince193 said:

Edward isn't a scoring winger like Aird though his strength are his crosses into the box and his ability to link up on the touchlines.

Edwards definitely is a scoring winger, he just hasn't done it yet with TFC. He was a key goal scorer with Sheridan and was heating up his last season with TFC II.

5 hours ago, Havoc88 said:

Edwards definitely is a scoring winger, he just hasn't done it yet with TFC. He was a key goal scorer with Sheridan and was heating up his last season with TFC II.

Sure but with TFC Vanney has emphasized his wing play and I like having him as an out and out winger since Junior, Aird like to hold on to the ball more and make their way into the box.

6 minutes ago, Vince193 said:

Sure but with TFC Vanney has emphasized his wing play and I like having him as an out and out winger since Junior, Aird like to hold on to the ball more and make their way into the box.

The best wingers can do both. If he wants to start in the MLS he needs to improve his goal scoring and one on one play. I think he can do it. He reminds me a lot of Raheem Sterling (more than just the name), and sterling just started scoring a lot. 

Of course, this is an Aird thread so I should talk about him. He is the opposite of Edwards. If he could learn that crossing ability that Edwards has he would be a true contender.

1 hour ago, Bertuzzi44 said:

^Yes his defensive game could use some work, but considering his great dribbling skills and wicked shot, I think he's best suited higher up the field. I even remember early on at Rangers he was a CAM.

Agree. He's also fast and gritty. When Aird is on his game he is very very good. If he can be more consistent ( still young???) he may be a  significant player for the CMNT

7 minutes ago, Blackjack15 said:

I do wonder sometimes why he continues to play RM at club level when for Canada he's a RB. 

He's played at RB twice for us against Curaçao and Morocco. So, I wouldn't say that he's a RB for us.  He's played RM in his 3 other starts for us. 

Edited by Blackdude
Checked again and it was twice.

Why not give him a call?  If we can call Edwards, Akindele, Petrasso, Chapman etc in the last year why not bring him back into camp and see how he has progressed?  Herdman has shown he is not against playing guys out of position so Aird could be cover on RW/RB.  He'll be a long shot at getting into a game though.  

On 9/2/2018 at 5:41 PM, BringBackTheBlizzard said:

Whoever is doing that tweet needs to realize that Dundee and Dundee United are two different clubs.

Just seeing this now, but ya well aware of the differences between Dundee FC and Dundee United

4 hours ago, jordan said:

Just seeing this now, but ya well aware of the differences between Dundee FC and Dundee United

The difference is which side of the street you’re on, isn’t it?

Edited by maccaliam